Another Feminist bites the dust. Same old Same old.

Started by dr e, May 02, 2007, 05:49 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

The Biscuit Queen

I look forward to Kate's response. I would love for once to hear a feminist explain how it is acceptable that mainstream feminism supports such sexism against men. 
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Chris Key

I identify as a feminist. Not by any definitons I've seen here so far, no, but still: I am a feminist, and for some people that means the enemy. If you want to get into why I am a feminist, definitions etc we can do that,  but as far as this thread goes, my main priority is going to be listening and asking questions.

Does anyone else believe that the term 'feminism' is as bigoted and offensive as the term 'white supremacism'?  Both movements support the empowerment of their respective followers at the expense of the people they hate.  Therefore, I don't think a feminist is any better than a white supremacist.

A feminist saying that she's fighting for 'equality between the sexes' is no different to a KKK member saying he's fighting for 'equality between the races'.
Men's Rights Activist,
Chris Key

Men's Rights Online - http://www.mens-rights.net

Men's Rights Online Forum - http://forum.mens-rights.net

JackBauersPowerHour

Some, if not all, of the people here plainly feel that feminism has hurt them. Directly. ...
Some people have directly stated that feminism hurts them/is still hurting them.

Feminism costs everyone. There a direct associated cost to feminism in America. Every moment has a social cost and a bottom line cost. Affirmative action has a real dollar cost to the US economy. Some is implied - contracts, social programs, etc. Some is not implied - loss of productivity for sake of political correctness.

I don't mind that people believe what they want to believe - I START TO MIND WHEN I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.

Thanks to feminism and the idea that women don't need men and the drive to push males out of the family unit, there are a ton of teenage single mothers out there. Who pays for it when those kids having kids need to go on welfare? Uh .... all of us. Our tax dollars.

If I am trapped in a fire and some female firefighter isn't strong enough to drag my ass out of a burning building, and she's only there because she sued the living shit out of a fire department to get there - do I deserve to die so someone feels more "equal" when men and women are clearly not "equal" in many things?

If you think there is no "cost" to feminism in America, then you defy the basic reasoning found in most high school economics books. I mean these are concepts we teach 16-17 year olds.

Here's my message to feminists -

PAY FOR YOUR OWN SHIT YOUR OWN DAMN SELF

Am I the only person here who is tired of his tax dollars subsidizing these whiney for profit martyr movements that don't show one bit of common sense most of the time?

Every time a man goes into work has to take an extra five minutes to tiptoe around a walking lawsuit in a skirt and be ultra PC as to not offend her to get the job done is five minutes of lost productivity. And that costs ALL OF US. Those costs are passed on to the consumer. They are passed on to our tax bills.

In every product we buy as Americans, we are paying a percentage of that cost to account for the stupidity of people working in that organization.  They pass the cost of that stupidity onto us all. Feminism, in a fiscal sense, passes on the cost of the stupidity of their movement onto all of us.

Feminism hurts us all.

CG9603

Short answer: Yes.  Emphatically.  Particularly in the issue of harassment.  Others have already listed additional reasons by which I think feminism has harmed males. 
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- General Dwight D.  Eisenhower. 

"Be bold and courageous.  When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did."
-- Unknown.

dr e

I am hoping that Kate will be true to her word and discuss the issues raised in this thread.  My fear is that she will be like the others who have come before her.  We all remember those folks asking questions (sometimes in a belligerant manner) who received thoughtful and clear responses and then dissappeared.  For this reason I am making this thread a sticky for all to see.  If and when Kate comes back I will re-open this thread.  Until then it serves as a reminder.

My compliments to all of you who have written on this thread.  Well done.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Nillerz

I think the bad thing is the obviousness, many boys, if memory serves, say that things in their school or at home are sexist all the time.

When I was 8, I used to go to the woods with my dad and we'd cut and stack firewood. My sisters are older than 8, and they go with us to stack firewood, but they get to do other things.

Also, in the school, teachers would say things like 'Because girls are smarter' and the girls would you 'YEEEEAAAAAAAAAH!'

And we'd say 'That's sexist!' and hear, "It's only sexist if you're a girl. You can't be sexist against boys!"

Then we'd get our name written on the board and we'd have to sit out during playtime...
Evolution doesn't stop at the neck.

brian44

May 09, 2007, 10:13 PM Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 10:14 PM by brian44

And we'd say 'That's sexist!' and hear, "It's only sexist if you're a girl. You can't be sexist against boys!"

Then we'd get our name written on the board and we'd have to sit out during playtime...

Yes, there's one thing the female gender does much better than the male: HYPOCRISY
It is time we began to ask who are these women who continually rubbish men. The most stupid, ill-educated and nasty woman can rubbish the nicest, kindest and most intelligent man and no one protests.

Men seem to be so cowed that they can't fight back, and it is time they did." Doris Lessing

dr e

Yes, there's one thing the female gender does much better than the male: HYPOCRISY

That's a negative generalization Brian and a warning for you. 
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

brian44

That's a negative generalization Brian and a warning for you. 

Sorry, maybe I should have said IME, or qualified it to the vast majority of feminists in general, but IME women are generally much more guilty of this kind of thing. If only feminist sites were so keen on banishing negative generalisations about men...
It is time we began to ask who are these women who continually rubbish men. The most stupid, ill-educated and nasty woman can rubbish the nicest, kindest and most intelligent man and no one protests.

Men seem to be so cowed that they can't fight back, and it is time they did." Doris Lessing

dr e

Yes Brian.  Just qualify it by saying that has been your experience.  That would be fine.  It would be interesting to see a fem site that held its members accountable for what they say about men.  That could be a feature in MAD Magazines "Things we would like to see" column. 

Chastity

Yes Brian.  Just qualify it by saying that has been your experience.  That would be fine.  It would be interesting to see a fem site that held its members accountable for what they say about men.  That could be a feature in MAD Magazines "Things we would like to see" column. 

Great idea, E. I suggest that equality is added, as a "thing we would like to see" to that column.
Karma is not a b*tch, it is a man with a gun.

Big Log

I think that it begs the question of what good has feminism done boys?

Chastity

I believe the answer is: None.

If anyone has objections, sound them out, please.
Karma is not a b*tch, it is a man with a gun.

bachelor tom

It teaches them how nasty women (& manginas) can be?
political correctness = patriarchal chivalry + matriarchal victimology

CaptDMO

So...what do you think Kate?.......Kate?......Kaaate?........
Oh well! Must have had something more feministy to do.

Nice catalyst to educe and reinforce several folks positions though.

Go Up