Could really use some help here

Started by Garak, Aug 08, 2007, 07:50 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Garak

I will stop staring at your boobs when you stop staring at my paycheck!

Virtue

Don't waste your time.
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

Suckerfish

What ^^^^^^^^ said.

Garak

Don't waste your time.

Why? Some of them condone an "opt-out" for men.

Suckerfish

Of course they condone it. Anything that takes any power out of their hands is bad, no matter how fair it is. While I'm sure most of us could make plenty of logical arguments about how this makes things more equal, they don't want to hear any of it.

They want to have their cake and eat it too, which is why it's a waste of time.

Cordell Walker

there is also some grade-a hindu kush in afghanistan.......but I aint goin

noa's ark, a time machine and the lost city of atlantis could be  in bagdad but I aint goin there to find out

good luck to you, I would  be suprised if  you were able to keep a civil debate going on, I mean if they cant fathom that since it takes two maybe the other should have some say
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Kim

If I thought anything I said would make the slightest difference, I'd enter the fray.  As it is, seeing as how I'm pro-life and completely in support of legislation requiring a minor parental consent in order to have an abortion AND feel the father should have a say in whether or not his child is aborted....somehow I feel my points would be lost.

shard43

Just like you don't engage cockroaches in existential debates, you don't involve feminists in discussions about fairness and equality.

Cordell Walker

although a left leaning lebertarian; I think  that abortion should be banned because
a)everbody knows how  women get pregnant
b) the means of  reducing chances of pregnancy to almost none are cheap and easy
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Garak

Of course they condone it. Anything that takes any power out of their hands is bad, no matter how fair it is. While I'm sure most of us could make plenty of logical arguments about how this makes things more equal, they don't want to hear any of it.

They want to have their cake and eat it too, which is why it's a waste of time.

Condone was the wrong word to use. What I should have said was that some support an opt out for men.

This bill is over the top but I think the purpose of the bill is to force bargaining and while some people condemn this bill they say they would support a financial opt-out.

This proves this extreme bill is serving it's purpose, remember Matt Dubay.

Virtue

I think abortion should only be legal in cases of rape ,incest and imminent danger of death to the mother......apart from that women can use birth control or face the consequences of their actions.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

Virtue

The bill itself yes I think it should be passed......trying to say anything other than the party line at feministing?....waste of keystrokes.

Garak

This bill is too extreme to be passed but it does open the door to more discussion on Roe v Wade for men.

With an opt-out for men, women would suddenly be forced to take responsibility and much of the trickery involved in pregnancy would naturally go away.

Kim

I think abortion should only be legal in cases of rape ,incest and imminent danger of death to the mother......apart from that women can use birth control or face the consequences of their actions.

I agree.  We all know how someone gets pregnant.  I feel that if you willingly engage in sex then you should be prepared to deal with the possible outcome.

Garak

I agree.  We all know how someone gets pregnant.  I feel that if you willingly engage in sex then you should be prepared to deal with the possible outcome.

Yes, but trying to outlaw abortion would get us nowhere at this point.

Go Up