slayton

If I'm reading this right, it seems so far the top 5 are:

Feminism as Chivalry
Reproductive/Parental rights for men
Generalized Misandry
Male suicide rates
Man=bad, woman=good.

Am I getting that sort of right?

When I wrote chivalry, I didn't have feminism in mind. More as simply "pedestalizing anything female". But I agree with the order.  With the exception of the suicide issue, everything else is a direct product of the first one anyway. Imo.

Perhaps it would be better to use the term 'pedestalization' instead of 'chivalry'. The latter seems to have too much baggage and a romantic tone attached to it.

Factory

We are nowhere near the point where we need to be quibbling over terminology.  we haven't even defined our core issues yet...

Then we need to define what opposes us...

Then we need to define their most effective methods.

Then we need to examine whether or not those methods can be subverted (since it's 'cheaper' to piggyback on an already established meme then create a new one).

THEN we worry about our own terminology while crafting our own message...

LOOONG way to go yet...

Which is why I'm trying very hard to discourage people from jumping the queue and offering up slogans.

I'm tired of being ineffectual, and I'm banking on at least a few of you being of like mind...

outdoors

All fine and good, except for one thing.  Without the hearts of the public, there can be no real progress.

In fact, if the public is against us,

i am not sure about where you live?-but around here-i find the general public is all for what i stand for-it is the politicions and policy maker's who seem to be the real hurdle.

This whole MRM stance of stoically suffering the insults and bias and responding with calm measured logic....how's that workin' out?

it's not--thats why i am the way i am--i find it hard winning a battle by licking the opposition's arse.

But to do that, we have to stop friggin interrupting a thread with negative shit and off topic stuff.  Seriously, there's lots of other threads here, if you're not down with the idea, then fine...but kindly keep it to yourself, and move along, rather than letting us all know why it's going to fail.

Seriously, some people just can't resist kicking at the sand castles....

this is where i get mixed up-can u please tell me who,what when, and where?otherwise i never know if it is me that is doing what you are insinuating and i don't know if i am being helpful or hurtfull-thanks

Factory

I don't want to get into a debate with people about this stuff.  What I want is people to go through the exercise. 

So far it seems like about 3 people are capable of staying on topic, even when asked several times in 3 pages.  How exactly do any of you get anything done at work if this is how you stay on task?

I apologize if this seems harsh, but seriously if you can't refrain from complaining, or telling people they're wrong, or going off on some treatise on politicians, then PLEASE do it somewhere else.

Is that such a hard thing to do?

I give up on you people, you're like a bunch of teenagers with ADD.  Figure it out yourself then, seeing as how you've been so damned effective so far, I can't possibly IMAGINE what even more of the same, navel-gazing childish bullshit will accomplish.

3 pages, asking the simplest question an MRA can get...3 pages, and MOST of it is people COMPLETELY ignoring the intent of the thread.

Pointless. Waste. of. Time.

I need a fuckin jay! :angryfire:

typhonblue

Factory,

I wrote what I think is the problem as simply as I could.

Chivalry fucks up men and women and the relationship between both.

Neo-chivalry, aka 'feminism', just does more of the same except times 9000.

Cordell Walker

I think one thing that is ignored that is important to the PR or image part of the movement, is looking at what most MRA's have incommon BESIDES male specific issues
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

outdoors

Pointless. Waste. of. Time.

I need a fuckin jay! :angryfire: 

me to

well....i won't bother any more if it upsets you so--see-i am easy to get along with

Aug 08, 2010, 12:24 PM Last Edit: Aug 08, 2010, 12:47 PM by John Dias
Factory, it's what I've been saying.  It's a fundamentally flawed approach to build a marketing message by committee or by consensus.  Even when movements pick up steam it's because they're following someone.  That's why I said this:

"Forget about collectivist approaches.  Pick just one area to focus on, and you as the individual become the expert in that area.  And just build."

This is what makes leaders:  individual people acting.  But if people aren't following your lead, it might be because they haven't been given a clear "ask." Glenn Sacks is really good at this.  He writes a column, states the facts, provides his commentary, and so builds legitimacy behind his position.  He then says what he has decided to do.  Then he gives a button for people to click.  Simple!  That button generates a fax message with a canned letter, and that fax gets sent to whatever organization Glenn is targeting.  Other times, Glenn simply asks for money.  He does that a lot, right up front.  He points to a legislative victory of his group, Fathers and Families, and immediately reminds people that "these victories cost money.  Please donate now."  When Glenn can't be effective by getting people to submit auto-faxes or by raising money, i.e. when he requires detailed letters from people, he asks specifically for that.  He gives the e-mail and snail mail address where they can send a letter and then continually reminds people to keep up the pressure in the campaign.  The pattern is simple:  one leader drives the action.  He doesn't ask for people to reach thought consensus. He asks them to coalesce around his view, and also asks them to do specific X, Y and Z actions.  Never does he ask people to agree on a marketing message.  Even with a dedicated and well-intentioned group of supporters, there is such variety of opinion, attitude and skill that nothing substantial would likely ever result.  Usually, the only time that the "team approach" works (such as in a marketing firm) is with the existence of authority and/or competence-based leadership.

The point that I made about effectiveness resulting from solo efforts is NOT negative.  Rather, it is negative to refer to the recognition of that fact as itself the cause of ineffectiveness.  If you don't see it that way -- or if you just flat-out disagree -- then proceed as you have been.  Reality is a cruel taskmaster.

Captain Courageous

Looks like the wiccan faction of feminism done put a "confusion" hex on us. Sancte Benedictus ora pro nobis! Don't go defeatist folks!

Women are pulling on men the very stuff they've complained about for four decades ... and they're getting away with it.  THEY ARE NOT OPPRESSED! They've got a real racket going ... one that would make organized crime envious. Feminism is a variation of the word "Favoritism". Feminism is full of holes (no pun intended).

Don't let them gang up on idividual men ... never hang a brother out to dry!!!

Don't be afraid to give as good as you get, when they try and turn it into a rankout session before your very eyes.

Remind them they are megalomaniacs when they throw the term misogynist around.

Remind them they are but a faction and do not represent the majority of women anywhere.

When they come after us, they pull out all stops. Nothing is sacred. By putting restraints on ourselves, we are acting the part of chumps. Always remind them of the reality of man-haters, emos, penis-envy, matriarchs and lesbianism. What do they always try to throw up to men? Woman-haters, perverts, nut-jobs, and poorly endowed men with ED syndrome of some sort.

As I learned at RH Reality Chump; take the gloves off, no-holds barred, give as good as you get and don't flinch from the flack. Which would you rather be accused of ... swinging your dick around ... or having one the size of a cake decoration?

Pacman7331

Aug 08, 2010, 03:59 PM Last Edit: Aug 08, 2010, 04:04 PM by Pacman7331
I think generally when the uninformed hear or think of the men's movement what comes to mind is all the things which feminists have brought up over the years which show men out as demons.

So all the good guy's are the people who accept feminism - and all the bad guys are everyone else who opposes it weather they are or not involved in the MRM.

People generally assume the worst of you if you have any thing against feminism - and I think it comes out of all the slander the feminists put out to power their cause and use the power of the victim (weakness).  

Even those who have totally opposing views to feminists - take the posture of trying to "not take sides". But that in my opinion just puts you out of the battle more than acts as an effective remediation to gender warfare.

Factory

Fuck it.  I give up.  Figure it out for yourselves, or don't.

Pacman7331

I think in the top 5 should defiantly include:

false accusation accountability.
- Must be mandatory penalty for accuser when accusations are beaten in court.

That needs to be a major ambition - to stop that sort of oppression.
Then the rest of feminist laws need to be revised.

Captain Courageous

Fuck it.  I give up.  Figure it out for yourselves, or don't.

One thing I know about the MRM. Some of us are Ivory Tower Intellectuals, and some of us are Blue Collar Sages. Some of us have a jay, and some of us like a single malt scotch and a good cigar. Don't go treating us as if WE just don't get it, man! Maybe there was nothing on our part to get in the first fuckin' place. Maybe it's YOU, Lord Fauntleroy! Get off your high horse and tell us exactly what we're not comprehending!

Go Up