Theory

Started by davis2ab, Aug 10, 2010, 05:59 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

davis2ab

I was thinking this morning about human history, culture, mean and women, etc.

I then started thinking  about other animals such  as bees, ants, herd animals, etc.

I think male female roles are part of us and automatic -- instinct -- much like ants or bees, etc. have instincts.

Men protect and provide.  Women support the men and take care of the young, etc. (by the way, "young" means infants and toddlers less than say  3 years old -- I don't think there is any support for the notion that women have a superior role with respect to children over say about 3 years old).

By attacking  these roles, we are literally attacking who we are and what has allowed us to survive all these years (and thrive).

We could be literally destroying ourselves.

Our basic natures are so strong that we continue to act partially consistent with them. Women are still "supported" for example just not voluntarily by an individual man in exchange for reciprocal support from an individual woman -- women are supported by the government and through government coercion against men.

The consequences of this are far reaching. The men have a totally different set of incentives both in terms of their productive efforts and relationships.  The women have a totally different set of incentives also especially with respect to relationships.

Women as they like to say "don't need men." However, they do.  They simply are relying on the coercion through government  to get what they need from men (rather than voluntarily relationships where both sides benefit).  Men are coerced to support women through taxation, child support, spousal support, etc.

The men don't have incentive to thrive economically (they have to pay more child and spousal support if they do). They don't really have incentive to support their families even before breakup because they know the breakup  is inevitable (nearly) so they will lose what they invest and create eventually.

All men are subject to this -- both poor men and rich men.  This kind of analysis could be expounded in much greater detail. The main point though is that a major fundamental component of human culture and even human instinct has been undermined. This has all happened  just within the last several decades.

The consequences I think could include total disintegration of society.   Do I overstate this?

dr e

Well said.  Imagine the female Big Horn Sheep complaining about all the head butting of the males.  That is what we are now faced with.  A good portion of our behavior is driven by our biology.  Don't believe it?  Read this book and then talk to me.  Male/Female
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

wractor

True theory,  I think, but it's not wholly our roles. We're also tool-using animals, and our technology has evolved and escalated to a pace where some men CAN'T protect and provide for women; their skill set has been rendered obsolete by technological advances.
"If you're going through Hell...Keep Going."--Winston Churchill.
(Sites by KK: www.RockHerWorld.Net, www.Focusgroup.ning.com)

neoteny

Women as they like to say "don't need men." However, they do.  They simply are relying on the coercion through government  to get what they need from men (rather than voluntarily relationships where both sides benefit).  Men are coerced to support women through taxation, child support, spousal support, etc.

Very well put.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Go Up