Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 10:13:43 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: MANN

+  Stand Your Ground
|-+  Stand Your Ground Forums
| |-+  Main
| | |-+  Woman grabs fiances testicles - gets 30 days in jail
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Woman grabs fiances testicles - gets 30 days in jail  (Read 3737 times)
LSBeene

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2005, 02:54:33 PM »

Get this:

She DV'd the HELL out her fiance, SEXUALLY ASSAULTED him (same as if I grabbed a woman's sexual parts when it was unwanted), and then almost blinded a police officer.

Her punishment: 30 days in jail.

Oh, and notice the "cute" title of the article.  I'm writing a letter tonight to get their attention.

Link to article

Woman Gets Fiance's Attention
SUDBURY, ONTARIO-June 8, 2005 Allyson Lace will have to serve 30 more days in jail for grabbing her fiance where it hurts.
Prosecutors in Sudbury, Ontario, charge Lace and her fiance got into an argument. After kicking, punching and scratching him, prosecutors say she grabbed him by the testicles.

According to authorities, the fiance had to whack Lace over the head with his arm cast to make her let go. Police say the woman also kicked the inside of a police cruiser and struck an officer in the eye.

She's pleaded guilty to a number of charges, after being jailed since the May Tenth incident. The judge sentenced Lace to an additional 30 days behind bars.

Before being led out of the courtroom, Lace turned to her victim and mouthed, "It's over, goodbye."

Now, notice what is NOT said.  Surely a woman would have gotten a restraining order, and if the genders were the reversed HIM addressing HER would have resulted in automatic time in jail.

Obviously she wasn't worried about that.

I REALLY want to write a letter on this one.

Steven

'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
realman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 03:06:37 PM »

Interesting, the link is not to a news station in Onatrio, it's in Philadelphia! In other owrds, this is "newsworthy" 1000 miles from Subdury  because it involves a woman grabbing a man's testicles when he doesn't oblige her every whim. Isn't that typical female fantasy, along with "they should cut his balls off for that!"- castration as payback for looking at a omwna the wrong way/saying the wrong thing/making unwatned sexual advances/cheating on a woman?

If it were a man, he'd be charged with the assualt on the police officer, the domestic violence, and probably aggravated sexual assault or something. I don't know for sure what sentences each might carry but I'd imagine that would add up to significant jail time...probably measurable in years, no?

Also curious... I see no mention of WHY his arm was in a cast. Not to suggest that someone, a female, that he knew well, might have anything to do with that...
Bender

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 05:33:58 PM »

I'm writing a letter tonight to get their attention.

Thank you.

color=red] You have no Constitutional right not to be offended and I'm here to make sure this non-existent Constitutional right is honored.

[/color]

<<<---Ya know ya want one.
Stallywood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 06:07:09 PM »

Too bad he didnt separate her from her teeth.
Stally

Gentleman is a man who consciously serves women. I prefer the golden rule.

Behind every great man, is a
parasite.

Women who say men won't commit, usually aren't worth committing to.
SIAM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 06:22:21 PM »

The article reads like an "and finally..." joke bulletin with the title and also the "grabbing her fiance where it hurts" (ho ho ho :roll:).
neoteny

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 01:19:59 AM »

IMO she got the jail only because of hitting the cop.

The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical
LSBeene

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 06:08:50 AM »

Quote from: "neoteny"
IMO she got the jail only because of hitting the cop.

You're probably right.

I mean read how vague they were with what she was charged with:

She's pleaded guilty to a number of charges

I didn't hear the words DV, sexual assault, and they couldn't seem to find ONE MRA to get an opinion on the prevelence of female on male DV.

This is the letter I sent to them:

I am writing you in regards to your piece:

"Woman Gets Fiance's Attention"

Web link:

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/06082005_bb_ouch.html

I was appalled and saddened to read your light hearted and dismissive tone in this story.

In your story Allyson Lace committed a brutal and viscious case of DOMESTIC VIOLENCE against her fiancee.  But I didn't see any mention of the word domestic violence in your reporting.

This woman then went on to commit a felony attack on the police officers who came to her fiancees rescue, even going so far as to try to BLIND one of the officers.

I saw no depth in your story at all.  No questioning of the DV victim, no reporting from a DV victim's advocate, and no digging into her past to see if she had done this previously.

It is often true that people who commit this level of DV have escalated their violence over time to get to this level of brutality.

Domestic violence against men is not a joke, is not fodder for light hearted reporting, and this kind of story is EXACTLY why men who are the victims of this brutality don't feel comfortable reporting it.

Would you have written this piece the same way if a man had repeatedly kicked, scratched, and brutalized his fisancee.

Would you have written a title "Man gets fiancee's attention" if a man had repeatedly savagely kicked a woman's vaginal area and then when the police arrived that the man had then tried to blind the officers?

And I notice that in the piece the woman mouthed:
"It's over, goodbye."   Normally a woman who is so assaulted gets an automatic restraining order.  But in your story Allyson Lace had no such fear of breaking a restraining order as I am betting none was ISSUED.

THAT is newsworthy, as is that she got a paltry 30 days, is NOT required to attend a DV program, nor is she facing serious time.

Often when stories like this are reported when a MAN is the attacker we hear some DV advocate speak out about the prevelence of violence in homes.

Could your "hard hitting investigating" reporters not find ONE men's advocate?!  Could they not take a story like this just a BIT seriously?

VAWA is up for renewal this year, and the language and articles of this sexist and one sided bill make it seem like violence against men is a "non-issue".  

Your reorting reinforces that thinking.

Consider this: this woman just got a pass on her violence.  Suppose she has children.  Do you think her brutality will just be confined to her husband.  Or that this fluff reporting or the lame sentence she got will deter her from committing MORE violence!?

You should be ashamed of yourselves and of the message you are sending.

This woman will batter again.  Next time someone could end up dead, or maimed, or it may be her children who are the target.

Not taking this seriously is exactly why she feels entitled to commit this violence.

L. Steven Beene II

I hope it gets THEIR attention.

Steven

'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Sir Jessy of Anti

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 06:14:17 AM »

Great letter!

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand

" Police should be outnumbered and afraid of citizens in a free society. Anything else is merely a police state." - The Gonz
napnip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 07:03:05 AM »

Excellent letter!

Please let us know if you receive a response.

i] We drank our toast to innocence,
We drank our toast to now.
We tried to reach beyond the emptiness,
But neither one knew how. [/i]
LSBeene

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 09:30:44 AM »

I posted this story to:

MenActivism.org - Hisside - MND's new forum - and Cool Tools 4 Men.

At MND the site admin, rightly so, pointed out that it was an AP story and not from the station.

I (I believe politely) pointed out that local stations can add commentary, do more background, and ask experts to comment on a story.

The local station would not, IMO, taken an AP story with (same situation/genders reversed) and placed it on their site.  Lol, AP wouldn't have WRITTEN a story like that .. but whatever.

Point being their editors made the decision to post it and, to me, that makes them answerable.

Steven

realman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 09:58:57 AM »

LSB- agreed, they still ran the story by their own choice, they did not add anything additional to it, and they still used the lighthearted "woman grabs fiance's attention" title instead of something along the lines of "female abuser in canada sexually assualts fiancee". Guaranteed if the gender were reversed it would read "canadian man sexually abuses fiancee" or something to that effect.

Is there any way to stir the shit at the AP about stories like this? Considering how big they are and how much news comes from them, a lot of misadnrist/feminist slanted BS like this comes from them. They could probably use some wake-up calls...
realman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 10:05:59 AM »

Just took a look at AP's website, you can contact individual bureaus by state or send to the general "Q&A" email adress. Porbably neither is very productive in relation to issues with this story. Would nice if one could email someone in the "head office" who might ACTUALLY read it and who MIGHt actually care. The individual bureaus are too small a target and the other address probably would not get the message to anyone that matters or cares...
MacKenzie

My Grandfather "Jimmy" Kenna

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 10:29:48 AM »

Quote from: "LSBeene"
I (I believe politely) pointed out that local stations can add commentary, do more background, and ask experts to comment on a story.

You're right. I've seen AP stories in different papers that have had noticeable differences in the amount of material added (or removed). Some AP stories get a mere sidebar - others get a full column.

FEMINISM IS A CULT THAT TRIES TO MAKE BOTH SEXES EQUAL BY FOCUSING SOLELY ON ONE OF THEM
no2fembots

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 10:50:43 AM »

LSBeene, you are part of the solution and not the problem!

Thank-you for drafting such a well written and powerful letter!

notworthy

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"
gwallan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2005, 05:58:58 AM »

Quote from: "realman"
If it were a man, he'd be charged with the assualt on the police officer, the domestic violence, and probably aggravated sexual assault or something. I don't know for sure what sentences each might carry but I'd imagine that would add up to significant jail time...probably measurable in years, no?

Not to mention spending the remainder of his life on a sexual offenders register.

In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length