Repeal the Bradley Amendment (Phyllis Schafly)

Started by Vet/Father, Feb 28, 2006, 01:37 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Vet/Father

Feb 28, 2006, 01:37 AM Last Edit: Mar 14, 2017, 05:33 AM by Vet/Father
I just got home(hard day), but when I saw this article by our sweetheart Phyllis.
So, we can fight back,and/or educate the public more...

SYG thread( The Bradley Amendment)(2005)

http://www.standyourground.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5102&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Vet/Father

Feb 28, 2006, 09:20 AM Last Edit: Mar 18, 2017, 11:53 AM by Vet/Father
:shock: nothing. This is sad, because this is the law that is killing and destroying us.
1) high interests on child support, and AFDC (Welfare )
2) debt cannot be retroactively reduced
3) debt cannot be forgiven
4) Judges rights are prohibited from giving fair just verdicts, and determinations, when mistakes are made.
5) If you get sick,disable and can't work, still no mercy
6) other numberous added charges
7) The law forbids bankruptcy
8) paternity fraud debt not forgiven
9) destroy your credit
10) In paternity cases, when fatherhood is proved via dna,they can go back to time of birth, and charge you cost of hospital bills. I could be 1-3 years after the fact.
11) In paternity cases, when you are proved to father, they retrorate you from day one, plus numberous other charges with interest.
12) pay legal costs, court costs
13) take away your licenses
14) take away your savings/checking/retirements without any advance notice
15)
16)
17)
18)
20)

This is just a few facts, but let's not forget those that lose it, and go crazy and kill others, kill themselfs, destroy, mental illness, stress-programs, breakdowns, new criminals, new drug addicts, drinking addicts, smoking addicts,jail, etc..etc..hatred toward othes,...break-down of communities--
fatherless--soldiers getting arrested---credit destroyed that you can't even use your VA Loan to buy home, etc...

Galt

What gets me about the Bradley Amendment is that it's almost bent on destroying men who fall on hard times, and I'm talking about men who are trying to do the best they can and the right thing in their lives.

There are a whole lot of people who live paycheck-to-paycheck.  They may be doing the best they can.  But if they hit a rough patch (illness, unemployment etc.), they may not realize that they have to IMMEDIATELY try to get a reduction in child support --- and the real kicker is that this may take months, the judge might NOT reduce it, or the judge may "impute" income to the man.

Once a person living paycheck-to-paycheck starts getting behind on child support, his whole life can spin out of control.  According to the Bradley Amendment, the past amount can never be reduced by a judge.  Interest starts mounting.  The man may be thrown in jail for being behind and get FURTHER behind because he can't earn anything from a jail cell.

On the other side, this man may be getting destroyed because he isn't making payments to a woman who may now be living with her new boyfriend - who is paying for everything anyway.  Or the man may have 50% physical custody and STILL have to pay the woman a good chunk of his salary (what's the deal with that, by the way -- 50/50 split and the man pays?).

I understand the point that politicians do these things because they can get elected and stay in office by appealing to feminists and women in general.  They can also hike up their pants at what chivalrous dudes they are and maybe get a piece here or there for being a hero.  But what I don't understand is the utter lack of empathy for men out there who may be trying to do the best they can.

"Imputed income" is especially wicked.  Look that one up in Google.

devia

Once you get into court over it and can prove circumstances were beyond you're control, it's not that way in Canada.

(If anyone takes issue with that, well I believe my own eyes, my case was remanded 4 times so I sat in the courtroom while dozens of payers had debt forgiven and payments reduced).

I never knew it wasn't the same in the U.S, and really kinda find it hard to believe, are there never any exceptions to the law?

Galt

Devia, at least in the United States, a judge can "impute" income to you.  You may not be able to get the amount reduced, no matter what.

"Imputing" income means that the judge thinks you can earn more than you are earning, so he bases the child support percentage on the amount he thinks you can earn (maybe because you earned that amount earlier in your life).

As a side note, maybe someone can explain to me the difference between being on the "imputed income" treadmill and slavery.

Second side note, to ward off attacks: I've never been ordered to pay child support myself.  I just have empathy with what's going on here.

Vet/Father

Feb 28, 2006, 09:45 AM Last Edit: Mar 16, 2017, 05:12 AM by Vet/Father
wick·ed
ˈwikid/Submit
adjective
evil or morally wrong.
"a wicked and unscrupulous politician"
synonyms:   evil, sinful, immoral, wrong, morally wrong, wrongful, bad, iniquitous, corrupt, base, mean, vile; More
intended to or capable of harming someone or something.
"he should be punished for his wicked driving"
informal
extremely unpleasant.
"despite the sun, the wind outside was wicked"
synonyms:   nasty, harsh, formidable, unpleasant, foul, bad, disagreeable, irksome, troublesome, displeasing, uncomfortable, annoying, irritating, hateful, detestable
"the wind was wicked"
========================================================

What happens when a man is told he has cancer, but he can't get medical treatments, because he knows(deep inside), if he is out-of-service(not working) that he risk going to jail, and fall more into debt. So, what does this man do ?

works until he dies, this might explain why men die younger, and more often now.

15) fishing,hunting, and camping licenses taken away
16) make you a felon
17) history background is now destroyed, prevents you from getting good gov't and other jobs, and place to live
18) take away your Social Security life savings and benefits
19) once, you become a felon, you lose your rights to vote
20) you lose your rights to bare arms
21) you are branded a dead-beat
22) they post your picture on tv,newspapers, internet as a criminal
23) take away your pass-port (can't leave country)
24) No place for help for men in this situation, trap, hopelessness, depression
25) you become homeless
26) They steal your childrens, and destroys you to the point of NO return..
27) they take your disability checks, even if you got injured in combat(50%)

The list is endless.....

More jails, more crimes, more hatred, more death, more breakdown, more dead broke,etc...

FP

Quote from: "devia"
Once you get into court over it and can prove circumstances were beyond you're control, it's not that way in Canada.

(If anyone takes issue with that, well I believe my own eyes, my case was remanded 4 times so I sat in the courtroom while dozens of payers had debt forgiven and payments reduced).

I never knew it wasn't the same in the U.S, and really kinda find it hard to believe, are there never any exceptions to the law?

Perhaps there are exceptions sometimes. The US court system (I refuse to call it justice anymore) is going through a period where mandatory minimums and little to no flexibility is given to judges. So called "judicial activists" being the latest bug a boo up politician's arses. Its become another case of zero tolerance-zero intelligence like primary/secondary education rules.

Galt

Quote from: "devia"

1. You can't forgive past child support debt in the United States.  That's in the Bradley Amendment, and that's what we're talking about here.

2. I suspect that income is very rarely "imputed" to women who have to pay child support.  In the United States or in Canada.

Vet/Father

28) They cook the books, and hide overpayment, so YOU stay trap
29) They steal your money, or LOSE files
30) Computor problems ,lose payments ($660 Million Missing) GAO report to congress in 2002, not including other states that are missing money
31) More Street GANGS, because many boys don't have complete family(father is gone)
32) More drugs on street
33) More fear of gov't, which results in more crimes
34) More victims joining terrorist groups (in jail and out)
35)

Vet/Father

Quote from: "poiuyt"
I understand the point that politicians do these things because they can get elected and stay in office by appealing to feminists and women in general. They can also hike up their pants at what chivalrous dudes they are and maybe get a piece here or there for being a hero. But what I don't understand is the utter lack of empathy for men out there who may be trying to do the best they can

Fact of the matter is that people really dont believe in equality, liberty or fraternity. Hatefilled laws wouldnt emerge let alone persist otherwise.

Our society is instinctively and culturally misandric. Most individuals can live with the idea that if consequences to others dont affect them personally, then all is well and its you whos flawed.

It's costing tax-payers hundreds of Billion of dollars in numberous ways.
Jails,Courts,Social programs,crimes,employers(Corporations) losing billions, trucking companies losing drivers, higher cost for medical costs, lose work,etc..etc..etc...etc...

Vet/Father

35) Costing TAX-Payers BILLIONS
36) Employers & Corporations losing good employees
37) More staff & $$$ spented by corporations to over-see these laws, book-keeping,lawyers,etc...etc...
38) Homes taken away
39) Can't re-marry, because they will GO AFTER your New wife incomes, and taxes
40) Taxes taken away
41) If gain custody of childrens in later years(Like me) they STILL take money from you
42) CAN'T get help with welfare for food, because they go by GROSS..not net

Galt

Quote from: "Vet/Father"
28) They cook the books, and hide overpayment, so YOU stay trap

I think that one is pretty easy to take care of.  Don't ever pay cash in any way (of course), and simply keep records of the court order and your payments.  Work out yourself what the payments would be based on your payment cycle at work (for instance, if you have to pay blah-blah dollars per month, divide that out to see what they should be taking out of your check every week or two weeks or whatever).

Vet/Father

Feb 28, 2006, 10:38 AM Last Edit: Apr 03, 2017, 06:49 PM by Vet/Father
43) Have to pay and GET health insurance for child, even if Mother and New husband have already health coverages..most cases better coverage
44) Get life insurance policies
45) pay for college costs
46) Still pay,even if mother/new husband is now making 2-4X more than you, and getting earned income tax credit...
47) NO U.S. CONSTITUTIONAL rights PROTECTIONS...
48) NO BILL OF RIGHTS Protections....
49) The country you served to protect in armed forces turns against YOU, and uses everything in it's power to DESTROY YOU !!!!
I bet you that this factor contributes to veterans killing themselves more than before...
50)

Vet/Father

Feb 28, 2006, 10:45 AM Last Edit: Apr 03, 2017, 06:50 PM by Vet/Father
The list continues....

This is why it's number is 666 (The mark of the Beast) only a FEW can see behind this GREAT deceptions...only a few...knows the truth about the big picture.....sad !

2004 & 2005 was nothing...compare to what comes..if this continues uncheck...

PowerMan72

Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Go Up