Over at Hugo's - the petty problems feminists face

Started by SIAM, Jun 20, 2006, 02:14 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

gwallan

Quote from: "Gonzokid"
Hugo, hell.  He's been a piker this past week.  Did you catch the dust up in the femherroid blogosphere on whether giving head is a feminist act?

Talk about trivial concerns.

Sounds like a seminal debate that must have been very difficult to swallow at any length.
In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

FP

Tastes great vs less filling.

devia

no2fembots

Don't insult gay men by putting them in the same category as him.

I'm not sure "what" he is but I do know he seems to need to apologize to everyone and everything (his late chincilla rant says it all).

While I can't say I haven't met a gay guy carrying around a pink poodle I can say that 99.99% of gay men I have met do not carry around pink poodles. Hugo is a pink poodle type if person.

I say he's a person whose trying to please everyone and by default not pleasing anyone.

SIAM

I say he's a person whose trying to please everyone and by default not pleasing anyone.

He's riding on a massive guilt trip from his past.

The Gonzman

Look.

Hugo is as wrong as a penguin in the Sahara on a lot of issues.

Unlike the vast and overwhelming majority of feminists, though, I would not accuse him of not believing what he says.

That's my chief gripe with feminists - say one thing, do a different thing knowing the rhetoric is a load of bullshit, and then figure out how to sell it.  Their little rhetorical trick of refusing to define feminism is just one example of their paucity of intellectual honesty.

Diasgree with Hugo all you want.  I will be there with you.  Call him a traitor to his sex, even.  But unlike most feminists you can have a conversation with him, and not have to worry about him squirming away with amphiboly and dual meanings.  If he says he believes something, he really believes it.  If you ask him what he means by something, he will tell you without some pathetic excuses like "Feminism is for whoever claims it, and means what they want it to mean - EXCEPT FOR THAT RIGHT WING CUNT LAURA BUSH! FEMINIST MY ASS! SHE'S NO FEMINIST! And nobody assigns feminist credentials, or can say someone isn't a good feminist or not, because that itself would be anti-feminist.."
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

dr e

Well Gonz, Hugo hasn't gotten around to banning you just yet.  Give him time.  After being banned myself for a non-infraction I don't have much respect for him.  He banned me for posting a message during the same minute he posted his warning about not going off topic.  I never saw his message until after I posted.  He banned me.  He never offered any explanation or any means of feedback to hear my side of things.  I think you could hear a similar story from many here.  The word "integrity" simply does not come to mind in relation to Hugo.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Mr. Bad

Quote from: "Gonzokid"
Look.

Hugo is as wrong as a penguin in the Sahara on a lot of issues.

Unlike the vast and overwhelming majority of feminists, though, I would not accuse him of not believing what he says.

I hear you Gonz, but there are lots of delusional people who truly believe what they say.  I suspect that Jim Jones, Charlie Manson, et al. honestly believed what they said.  But still they were off-the-scale delusional and wacked-out.   Now I don't think that Hugo's a Jim Jones, and he's certainly no Charlie Manson, but he is one fucked-up Pink Poodle fella who just can't seem to get over the fact that when he was a kid the other children teased him.  Therefore, in his adult life he feels he has to kowtow to a bunch of reptiles who sell him out every time he steps out of line simply to get the validation his huge but wounded ego desperately needs.  

I agree with E. on this - you're still there but sooner or later, like he did with me, he'll make up some unstated rule that you violated last week and then apply it retroactively in order to justify giving you the boot.  As E. says, "integrity" is not a word that comes to mind when thinking of Hugo.  Massively insecure and screwed-up are more like it.
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

devia

Individuals who run forums can ban people as they wish. It is their own personal space and says nothing about their integrity.

Imagine if 50 or so posters from a feminist board started posting here on a regular basis, by numbers they would have the majority of the posts and it would be their voice that was being heard. This would not be Evil's design for his board, hence he would rid himself of the problem.

dr e

Quote from: "devia"
Individuals who run forums can ban people as they wish. It is their own personal space and says nothing about their integrity.

Imagine if 50 or so posters from a feminist board started posting here on a regular basis, by numbers they would have the majority of the posts and it would be their voice that was being heard. This would not be Evil's design for his board, hence he would rid himself of the problem.

If you are saying I would ban them due to their ideology I say that's a crock of bullshit.  If they can post within the rules they are welcome here.  If things got to the point where it was only feminists posting I might be tempted to close the entire thing down but I can't imagine I would ever ban people simply because of their ideology.  You have completely missed the mark.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

specialopsdude

Not to hijack the thread, but this statement:

Do not forget about young men taking steroids to look more muscular and manly, only to have their liver fall out at 40. Boys also take steroids because of expectations and drive to succeed in sports to prove one's worth.

is untrue. There is not one scientific study that directly links steriod use in adult males to anything but acne, hair loss, and swollen breast tissue. I challenge anyone to find a death related to steriods. Not, Lyle Alzado - he died of brain cancer but tried to blame it on steriod use. His own doctor has stated on record that there was no evidence steriods killed him.

Show me the bodies of the people who are dying from steriods, because there is a shitload of men using them.

Use in young males, before puberty is over is not recommended because it causes hormonal imbalances and can change the way growth plates finish expanding. Use of a male hormone by women is obviously bad, just look at women who do.

Note that I do not recommend useing them at all unless you educate yourself about them, and use them properly.

Some source links: HBO Real sports piece
http://www.elitefitness.com/articledata/hbosteroids/HBO-Real-Sports-steroid-special.avi
How congress overreacted:
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/collins/wrong-prescription.htm

I do not take steriods, btw. It just burns me up to see the nanny government take something like testosterone suppliments away from men because people "think" they are bad.[/quote]

no2fembots

Quote from: "devia"
no2fembots...Don't insult gay men by putting them in the same category as him.

I'm not as accepting of homosexuality as I once was.  I do admit to a bias to my bigotry, however.  

I support homosexual men who are men, not prancing feminized twats swishing about and and lisping about, meeting in outdoor treed areas for anonymous "sex".  SICK!  They, although deviant in behavior, have relationships, work jobs, buy houses and are not in thrall to women. So, I can - and do - support them.

I do not support the feminized deviant variant. The Fag Hag.  They, due to their arrested emotional development, almost exclusively urban (artificial) "lifestyle" and highly liberal political bent, are very antithetical to men's rights.  MY rights!

Hugo strikes me as the feminized boa-around-the-neck-lisping-mincing-simpering variant.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

Go Up