They love us! They really love us!

Started by Peter, Jun 22, 2006, 11:35 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Peter

Did you know?

In 1968, an Austrian anthropologist named Hans Weizl lived for some months among the natives of northern Siberia. Throughout his stay he was constantly pestered by giggling young teenage girls, who would appear at his door and pelt him with handfuls of lice and slugs, day and night. After a while, Weizl learned that among the northern Siberians lice and slug-throwing is the traditional manner for a woman to express her love for a man, and indicates that she is available for marriage (It makes you wonder what on earth they throw if they don't like you).

Sure, sure! I am so stupid. I did not understand that nagging, stealing, false accusations and murder is a sign of love and appreciation.
BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1

Malakas

Sure, sure! I am so stupid. I did not understand that nagging, stealing, false accusations and murder is a sign of love and appreciation.
Well, it's up to you to find out how the world works. But if you're really not sure, go for the lice and slugs every time. :D
'm an asylum seeker. Don't send me back.

Darth Sidious

After a while, Weizl learned that among the northern Siberians lice and slug-throwing is the traditional manner for a woman to express her love for a man, and indicates that she is available for marriage (It makes you wonder what on earth they throw if they don't like you).

Gross! :vomit3:

I would not even touch lice and slugs unless I had no other choice let alone throw them at someone.  Those women have a revolting way of showing affection.  I am definitely not going to look for a woman in nothern Siberia.

johnnyp

Quote from: "Darth Sidious"
After a while, Weizl learned that among the northern Siberians lice and slug-throwing is the traditional manner for a woman to express her love for a man, and indicates that she is available for marriage (It makes you wonder what on earth they throw if they don't like you).

Gross! :vomit3:

I would not even touch lice and slugs unless I had no other choice let alone throw them at someone.  Those women have a revolting way of showing affection.  I am definitely not going to look for a woman in nothern Siberia.

Those things might be delicacies - it would be like throwing chocolates at people in the West.
 woman needs a man like a fish needs water

Malakas

Gross Darth???

Let's say for example, that the throwing of lice and slugs represented an Ancient tradition of courtship in which men and women alike understand their mutual rigths and reponsibilities and stick with them.

Compare that with the shifting sands of western divorce and exploitation.

Bring on the slugs!!
'm an asylum seeker. Don't send me back.

Darth Sidious

Quote from: "johnnyp"
Those things might be delicacies - it would be like throwing chocolates at people in the West.

Delicacies?  Not to me.  If they are such delicacies, those women should keep the lice and slugs to themselves.

I assure I would react far more favourably to chocolate, as long as it is not the size of a brick, of course.

johnnyp

Quote from: "Malakas"
Gross Darth???

Let's say for example, that the throwing of lice and slugs represented an Ancient tradition of courtship in which men and women alike understand their mutual rigths and reponsibilities and stick with them.

Bring on the slugs!!

you can find a silver lining anywhere - good for you!
 woman needs a man like a fish needs water

Darth Sidious

Gross Darth???

Why is it such a surprise someone would find this gross?  Oh, well.

It would be a far more charming tradition if it did not involve such repulsive creatures.  Why not flowers?

Bring on the slugs!!

How about I avoid the shifting sands and the slugs?

Peter

Quote from: "Darth Sidious"
Why not flowers?

No, no, no!

Flower are the the genitals of plants.

That would be much too sexually explicit. You could find yourself in jail for such a thing.

... On Saturday, 19:20, the accused presented the vicim with the severed genitals of  five Tulipa clusiana...
BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1

Sir Farts-A-Lot

When your p3nor is cut off, it means they love you.
quote="CaptDMO"]As history has shown us, power is NEVER bestowed, it's taken and defended. "Empowerment" is merely a bone, thrown to appease the rabble. [/quote]

Fidelbogen

I once placed a large slug upon my tongue. (I found it while walking in
the woods!)

This caused my tongue to become numb for about half an hour,
as if I had been given novocaine.

(I thought this little anecdote might charm 1 or 2 people here. :wink: )

Sir Farts-A-Lot

There's a book called When you lick a slug, your tongue goes numb.
quote="CaptDMO"]As history has shown us, power is NEVER bestowed, it's taken and defended. "Empowerment" is merely a bone, thrown to appease the rabble. [/quote]

Fidelbogen

From the same website:

...King Charles II, who ruled from 1660 to 1685, was in the habit
of gathering up dust and powder from the mummies of Egyptian kings
and rubbing it all over himself. 'I do this,' he said, 'to help me acquire
the ancient greatness.'

Go Up