Ah the preachers wife is setting up for it now....

Started by BRIAN, Jul 01, 2006, 03:59 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

BRIAN

The battered womans syndrome that is. I wonder how long it will be before she has a Battalion of N.O.W. attorneys wringing their hands at how she was opressed by the horible patriarchal minister husband she shot.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,201755,00.html

From the statement of Mary Winkler as read in court by Tenessee State police investigator Brian Booth.

"When she left, Matthew Winkler was still alive," Freeland said.

Winkler said she and her husband had argued throughout the evening about several things, including family finances. The problems were "mostly my fault," she said, because she was in charge of keeping the family books.

"He had really been on me lately criticizing me for things -- the way I walk, I eat, everything. It was just building up to a point. I was tired of it. I guess I got to a point and snapped,"

She just snapped so she waited untill he was in bed sleeping and grabbed the shotgun out of the closet and shot him in the back breaking his spine. Nope no premeditation there. This Bitch better realize she is in Tenessee not California and people have more common sense than to let her try and run that weak ass excuse on them. :evil:
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

Men's Rights Activist

They argued over money, then she shot him, then she stood over him saying how sorry she was.  This reminds me of the movie Misery with Kathy Bates and James Cahn (sp?), where Kathy Bates assaults Cahn's character, then sincerely says, "I'm so sorry."  Yea, that makes it all better.  

IMO, I think the preacher's wife was a control freak, exercising power and control through bullying arguementation, and one time when she wasn't getting her way for valid econimic reasons, she shot him.

I suspect, more likely than she being a battered woman, he was in line to get both his feet broken between a brick and a sledge hammer like Cahn's character in the movie, or some other comparable abuse.

"Don't try to get away from me, Mr. Man!!!"   :evillaugh:
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Men's Rights Activist

In her book, When She Was Bad, by Patricia Pearson, she talks about how women's violence and crimes are excused by explaining away their  mis-behavior as mental illness.  Men are routinely not extended such privilege.  I guess that's why we've never heard of Battered Man Syndrome used as a defense in a criminal trial.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

BRIAN

You are right there is no battered man defense. The thing is I called this the day she was arested and it was announced that they had a motive for the slaying but wouldn't say what it was. The police in TN are playing this one close to the vest so they can put this woman on ice for a long time. They need to go for the death penalty though.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

typhonblue

Is the church condemning her for killing her husband?

FP

Quote from: "typhonblue"

:lol:  Nein. They'll be testifying on her behalf if I recall correctly.

typhonblue

Quote from: "FloorPie"

:lol:  Nein. They'll be testifying on her behalf if I recall correctly.

Does the church believe women have any responsibility to their husbands?

Apparently not even a basic responsibility to respect their husband's right to live.

Jeeze. If someone pisses me off that much I just avoid them. Sooooo much easier then waiting for them to fall asleep to shoot them in a back with a shotgun.

Quentin0352

If things were treated equally, then most of the men on earth could kill their wives for nagging them the way she says he nagged her. Bet it wouldn't fly for us though!

Peter

What did you expect?

He had let her handle the family finances. That is criminal neglect.

:)
BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1

jaketk

Does the church believe women have any responsibility to their husbands?

If I recall correctly, Winkler comes from a very close-nit town and was well-respected. They might not even believe she did it (you know, the typical personal demons and the sort).

Malakas

I always thought that the purpose of religion, over centuries, was to unify and domesticate men.
Another spanner in the works?
'm an asylum seeker. Don't send me back.

Go Up