Mail Order Husbands (well, sort of)

Started by lkanneg, Jul 26, 2006, 12:14 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

lkanneg

Hopefully nobody minds me nipping back in here, I just HAD to stop by and share my fascinating gender-reversal experience.  

hmm, I just reread that and I made it sound like I got a sex change operation.  No, that isn't what I meant.  What happened was, I went to a poor foreign country and found myself bombarded with young (early to mid 20s) attractive members of the opposite sex who wanted at the very minimum to be my Main Squeeze while I was visiting their homeland and at the slightest provocation would wax eloquent about how wonderful it would be to return with me to MY homeland and be my Main Squeeze there too.  

So I'm thinking, so this is what it's like to be an American dude in Asia or whatever...attractive, dark, young, submissive things whose only desire is to give me pleasure so I will love them and (the pinnacle of hope) take them home with me.  

I found it utterly untempting.  So I'm obviously missing some aspect of being a dude here.  Anybody wanna explore this fascinating dynamic with me?  8)

Lisa
quot;Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."
-- Constance Baker Motley

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
--Janis Joplin

woof

You are the chase-e here, and still the chase-e there.
For men we have to be the chase-e here, but not there.

kapeash?  :D
Even a whole village can't replace dad, children need both parents.

stands2p

Hey, nice to see you.
I don't think anyone enjoys being the target of a beggar, regardless of the gender of the beggar or "begee" or what is being begged for.  Some of the fellas you describe might have been truly interested in some cross-cultural hormone indulgence but it sounds like most of them were hunting for the almighty GreenCard (or equivalent.)  That experience MIGHT be more appealing to men since women usually have more subtlety, the sense to let a man think they actually like him, not just his passport/wallet.  It does sound like you got a taste of what men experience walking into a strip club or similar establishment.  These women show great interest and we men eat it up.  We like the attention (even though we know it is bullshit) because mostly we get fear, mistrust and rejection from women we encounter.  Having an attractive, scantilly-clad woman purr that she'd love to satisfy my needs for...something from the bar is worth a few bucks in my mind (even though it feels a bit wretched after awhile.)  I'm sure there are women who similarly enjoy the attention they get from men when they travel.

In my travels (mostly peace-time military)  I found most of the dating/flirtation rules that applied back home held in the rest of the world as well.  People are people.  It is pretty obvious that a long-term relationship is not likely with a traveller from another country and culture so social interactions are going to be...complicated.  Having no interest in whores and a healthy familiarity with rejection, I had fun chatting up the local lovelies and occasionally met some who were "adventurous."  Mostly, I got shot down, just like at home. But it was still fun.
The Lord works in strange ways; and with strange people.

NobleTry

Quote from: "lkanneg"
So I'm obviously missing some aspect of being a dude here.  Anybody wanna explore this fascinating dynamic with me?  8)

Lisa

Yah. You're missing two important aspects:

1. Testosterone, which from birth up until now, affects every single fiber of your being.

2. The Johnson. Since you don't got it, you don't know what it's like to live with it.

:jump:

lkanneg

Quote from: "NobleTry"
So I'm obviously missing some aspect of being a dude here.  Anybody wanna explore this fascinating dynamic with me?  8)

Lisa

Yah. You're missing two important aspects:

1. Testosterone, which from birth up until now, affects every single fiber of your being.

2. The Johnson. Since you don't got it, you don't know what it's like to live with it.

:jump:

But I DO have testosterone.  Not as much as you, of course.  :D  But it's floatin around in there...nope, no peenie, but I have an equivalent organ that I am pretty, pretty, pretty sure gets just as anxious for stimulation as , well,  :oops: anybody else's primary organ of sexual pleasure who happens to have a  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  high sex drive.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."

--Janis Joplin

lkanneg

Quote from: "woof"

You have a significant point there...however, that would only explain it if I felt the same level of interest both here and abroad...I felt less interest abroad...
--Eleanor Roosevelt

--Janis Joplin

lkanneg

Quote from: "stands2p"
Hey, nice to see you.

you too! :)  

I don't think anyone enjoys being the target of a beggar, regardless of the gender of the beggar or "begee" or what is being begged for.  Some of the fellas you describe might have been truly interested in some cross-cultural hormone indulgence but it sounds like most of them were hunting for the almighty GreenCard (or equivalent.)

Gotta concur with you there.

That experience MIGHT be more appealing to men since women usually have more subtlety, the sense to let a man think they actually like him, not just his passport/wallet.

Mmm, now that I don't know about...I agree that the men in question lacked subtlety, but they also definitely made it clear that it wasn't just my wallet and passport that they found attractive.  Of course, we still aren't talking about my sparkling personality here. :D

It does sound like you got a taste of what men experience walking into a strip club or similar establishment.  These women show great interest and we men eat it up.  We like the attention (even though we know it is bullshit) because mostly we get fear, mistrust and rejection from women we encounter.  Having an attractive, scantilly-clad woman purr that she'd love to satisfy my needs for...something from the bar is worth a few bucks in my mind (even though it feels a bit wretched after awhile.)  I'm sure there are women who similarly enjoy the attention they get from men when they travel.

Yeah, I'd concur with that too.  I was not alone in said country; I had with me two girlfriends, one of whom is regularly not found hot by American men.  She was absolutely revelling in getting hit upon.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

--Janis Joplin

Tribeguy

I submit that if a woman could have a penis for a day, and use it properly, she'd fight to the death to keep it.  As much abuse as being male entails these days, few of us would switch genders.

Living in a place where "getting laid" is no more difficult or expensive than ordering pizza makes for an astonishing sense of freedom and empowerment.   It allows me think about my job, my friends,  my sports teams and all the other things that make up my life without being distracted by the "urge."

Another thing.  Being in SE Asia allowed me to understand the discomfort women experience when being sexually harassed.

Quentin0352

Nice to see you back! I think part is not just the chasee part but also in both places, men were wanting to please YOU instead of how men experience it where men in western nations tend to go from having to chase and plase her to being chased and her being interested in pleasing him as well instead of her being the required center of attention.

Men's Rights Activist

"I went to a poor foreign country and found myself bombarded with young (early to mid 20s) attractive members of the opposite sex who wanted at the very minimum to be my Main Squeeze while I was visiting their homeland and at the slightest provocation would wax eloquent about how wonderful it would be to return with me to MY homeland and be my Main Squeeze there too."

"...attractive, dark, young, submissive things whose only desire is to give me pleasure"

...or - - - get American citizenship and half your money. :lol:
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

lkanneg

Quote from: "Tribeguy"
I submit that if a woman could have a penis for a day, and use it properly, she'd fight to the death to keep it.

Are you nuts?!  Not to knock the penis, I'm sure having one is great.  But it's very, very nice having a clitoris and a vagina, too.  Sex-wise.  As far as having a vagina in regards to actual human reproduction, okay, that's a little less awesome.

As much abuse as being male entails these days, few of us would switch genders.

Now, that IS interesting.  If being a woman is so awesome in our society, as many claim, why don't more men want to become one?

Living in a place where "getting laid" is no more difficult or expensive than ordering pizza makes for an astonishing sense of freedom and empowerment.   It allows me think about my job, my friends,  my sports teams and all the other things that make up my life without being distracted by the "urge."

Yep, I hear you.

Another thing.  Being in SE Asia allowed me to understand the discomfort women experience when being sexually harassed.

Really?  That's a very intriguing thing to say.  Can you elaborate?  I've never heard a man say that before.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

--Janis Joplin

lkanneg

Quote from: "Quentin0352"
Nice to see you back! I think part is not just the chasee part but also in both places, men were wanting to please YOU instead of how men experience it where men in western nations tend to go from having to chase and plase her to being chased and her being interested in pleasing him as well instead of her being the required center of attention.

:) Nice to see you too!
--Eleanor Roosevelt

--Janis Joplin

typhonblue

Now, that IS interesting.  If being a woman is so awesome in our society, as many claim, why don't more men want to become one?

I think you misread what Tribeguy was saying. It's awesome to be a man in SE Asia. Or at least a western guy with money(comparatively).

BTW, male-to-female transexuals probably outnumber female-to-male about a hundred to one. And they're appox. 60% lesbian identified compared to ~5% gay identified among female-to-male.

Seems a bit odd to me.

Sir Jessy of Anti

You have a significant point there...however, that would only explain it if I felt the same level of interest both here and abroad...I felt less interest abroad...

Well they couldn't exactly pay for everything.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

woof

When I was in the Navy in 1980, I was stationed in Scotland. The woman there didn't play hard to get if they liked you, they would walk right up to you and ask you to dance, buy you a drink, ect. They weren't afraid of you or treat you as though you were trying to get something from them that they didn't want also.
Here we have to prove ourselves first, there we don't.......I think western woman like the chase........perhaps this would explain 'your interest'?
Even a whole village can't replace dad, children need both parents.

Go Up