Along with marriage, maybe men should boycott colleges

Started by stands2p, Sep 27, 2006, 12:02 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

stands2p

I am considering an education plan for my son that some might find shocking.  I don't think I will encourage him to go to college.  My daughter is going, period.  But as I look at the current state of affairs and the direction I see things going, I don't see college being a reasonable investment for my son.  I consider his experiences so far in elementary school and I see that he is not being educated, he is being indoctrinated.  He is being taught to be ashamed of things that have nothing to do with him.  He is being taught how to be an insignificant cog in a bland world of beige carpeting and fluorescent lighting.  

I have plenty of doubt about sending my daughter into this world as well.  But I think she will have options my son will never know.  She will be able to pursue her dreams down many paths and change paths as often as she likes with no penalty.  She is bright and confident and I will let the people who get in her way worry about her.  College will be an excellent investment for her.

I don't think it will benefit my son to spend four years of his life and six figures of borrowed money for a diploma that says he is just as good as several million other young men his age.  Unless he has distinguished himself by being number one in his class, president of the student body or a star athlete, his diploma will say nothing about who he is.  Corporate recruiters and graduate and professional school admissions boards will only see his gender and another obstacle to their "equal opportunity" quotas.  Even if he were to achieve great success in one of the professions, he would always be at the mercy of the political whims of the gender police.

Then there is the experience of college itself.  The skills and habits that are being taught in today's colleges are a disaster for young men.  Young women are relishing the independence and discovering "who they are."  Young men on college campuses are living in a fool's paradise; a world of unbounded social opportunity and no consequences.  They are emulating the college experience of the young emperors of several generations ago when college was the privilege of the very wealthy.  They are learning none of the integrity and stoicism that the world, feminist or not, will expect of them the day after graduation.  Most of them are being set up for a cruel fall.

I think what I will do instead is to invest in a fund that my son can use to start a business once he finishes both high school and some carefully selected business courses.  It will be entirely up to him what kind of business to start but I will make sure he understands that this will be his livelihood.  I think he will realize quickly that with a few years of hard work, he will be able to afford all the college he wants and that he will value the experience more for having earned it.

As hard as it is for any parent to admit, neither of my children is a prodigy.  They are both smart but they will have to work hard to make their way in this world and enjoy the kind of life they have come to expect.  I want to give them the tools they need to make their way and I don't think college will be the right tool for my son.
The Lord works in strange ways; and with strange people.

Galt

There are a few areas in universities where the BS is kept to a minimum - probably engineering and the hard sciences. Some other areas are probably OK if you know how to maneuver away from the indoctrination courses - business and law probably have some good classes if you keep away from electives like "management" in business (I think that's been overrun by the human-resource boobs) and "feminist approaches to discrimination law" etc. in law (that speaks for itself). I don't know anything about medical school, but that's so regulated and (in part) traditional that it also remains valuable - for earning money if nothing else.

Peter

Agree with Galt.
Engineering and hard sciences ar still acceptable - and a necessity. On the other hand, it is very useful to have a backup profession, it could be bakery, carpentry, bricklaying, busdriving, photograpy... he chooses.
BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1

Galt

Quote from: "Peter"
On the other hand, it is very useful to have a backup profession, it could be bakery, carpentry, bricklaying, busdriving, photograpy... he chooses.

I'm in an academic-type occupation, but I'm starting more and more to see the value of skilled trades. If I could ever find the time, I would even try to get certified as a carpenter or electrician - and not even as a "backup", I think you can get some pride out of creating something yourself, with your own hands. There's also a surprising amount of knowledge and experience in those areas - something overlooked by the university people.

Galt

Actually, if you think about it ...

... carpenters, electricians, bakers, candlestick makers, engineers, researchers in hard sciences, miners ... the person at Tasty Freeze who makes your ice cream: They all add their part to society.

So then think about a major exception: The women's studies professor at a university. She gets paid out of tax money (forced) and tuition, mostly paid in the case of "women's studies majors" by daddy or the like, because people who do it on their own aren't usually that wasteful.

She gets hired, and her "program" gets funded by a spineless university president, and spineless board members, who may not even believe what they are promoting - I think they just want the job and the prestige that comes with it.

So, built on this artificial basis, she sits on her fat ass and writes hate statements about men all day. She gets to spread her propaganda to young women who don't know any better, but they may gravitate to that field because they are spoiled brats to start with. She gets to pretend - as this small group of bigots pass around their writings - that she is doing "research" in an "academic field", when most thinking people know about the huge gap in scholastics and even cogent thinking between women's studies and hard sciences, for example.

I don't doubt that she loves her job.  Some executioners and torturers love their job as well. She gets to turn her hobby - a hatred of men - into a well-paid job. And she does absolutely nothing for society.

She is like the spoiled teenage girl in a family who just consumes and consumes, and complains and complains, and may even have more "stuff" than her father, who is working his butt off for her.

I honestly think it's bizarre that a lot of, or most, universities are reverting to something that is not objective at all ---- or even respectable at all. No wonder men who are logical are avoiding the crap of a lot of university departments that are infested with feminism.

Fidelbogen

Every man should take a lifelong Never-Graduate Degree at USE.

(That's the University of Self-Education.)

With a program like that, men will be the best educated body-politic
on the planet.

Someday I'm gonna print up t-shirts with a USE logo...!

Sir Jessy of Anti

Sweet, well you need a motto.  I was thinking, "U See Excellence", maybe you could put a motto on the back.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

SecondToDie

I don't think males should boycott colleges and universities entirely, just classes like sociology.  Computer science, engineering, criminal justice, and real science (as opposed to "social sciences") are pretty much okay.

Fidelbogen

They SHOULD occasionally take such classes, for intelligence-gathering
and subversionary purposes.

LibertarianDad

We definately should be demanding the termination of womens studies classes.

Tribeguy

Hope you guys don't mind if I vent a little.

I have two sons and; luckily no daughters.  I say that because I was anti-feminist 35 years ago!!  I probably would have messed a daughter's mind up.   I can vividly remember the "I am woman/hear me roar" effect on Michigan State's campus.   Janis Joplin was God.  Most guys smiled and winked at the movement back then, playing along for all that "free love."

I knew better, especially having been to SE Asia.

My (weak-minded) oldest son went from being a born-again baptist to a flaming athiest/leftist, all depending on who was around influencing him.  Guess its a good thing he didn't go to any mosques.  To fast-forward my story, he now "wishes I would hurry up and die so he can piss on my grave."  And I'm the guy who never beat him (like my dad beat me), and the guy who cashed in 20 years worth of EE Savings Bonds so he could go to college.   Anyway, he's some kind of office manager making around 60K in Arlington, Va.   He's surrounded by women at work and its very tempting for me to hope he falls on his Liberal sword courtesy of some female he's "offended."

My younger son joined the Navy right after highschool.  He's got a great career going as a cryptologist and is already a Petty Officer 1st Class (E-6) after only 7 years service.  With pay and benefits he's living at least as well as his brother.   He tells me that PC feminism hangs like a dark cloud at work.  During his three years of sea-duty, he says the women got away with murder; says they can destroy a career on a whim because of the military's "zero-tolerence" of sexual harassment.  Fraternization cases almost always punish (only) the male.  Pregnancy on-board ship guarantees a woman shore duty without repercussions, and guess who picks up the slack?

God help our sons.

Galt

Quote from: "Tribeguy"
I can vividly remember the "I am woman/hear me roar" effect on Michigan State's campus.  

Michigan State is cool.  Umm, aside from the feminism.

ramcharger1985

Quote from: "stands2p"
I am considering an education plan for my son that some might find shocking.  I don't think I will encourage him to go to college.  My daughter is going, period.  But as I look at the current state of affairs and the direction I see things going, I don't see college being a reasonable investment for my son.  I consider his experiences so far in elementary school and I see that he is not being educated, he is being indoctrinated.  He is being taught to be ashamed of things that have nothing to do with him.  He is being taught how to be an insignificant cog in a bland world of beige carpeting and fluorescent lighting.  

I have plenty of doubt about sending my daughter into this world as well.  But I think she will have options my son will never know.  She will be able to pursue her dreams down many paths and change paths as often as she likes with no penalty.  She is bright and confident and I will let the people who get in her way worry about her.  College will be an excellent investment for her.

I don't think it will benefit my son to spend four years of his life and six figures of borrowed money for a diploma that says he is just as good as several million other young men his age.  Unless he has distinguished himself by being number one in his class, president of the student body or a star athlete, his diploma will say nothing about who he is.  Corporate recruiters and graduate and professional school admissions boards will only see his gender and another obstacle to their "equal opportunity" quotas.  Even if he were to achieve great success in one of the professions, he would always be at the mercy of the political whims of the gender police.

Then there is the experience of college itself.  The skills and habits that are being taught in today's colleges are a disaster for young men.  Young women are relishing the independence and discovering "who they are."  Young men on college campuses are living in a fool's paradise; a world of unbounded social opportunity and no consequences.  They are emulating the college experience of the young emperors of several generations ago when college was the privilege of the very wealthy.  They are learning none of the integrity and stoicism that the world, feminist or not, will expect of them the day after graduation.  Most of them are being set up for a cruel fall.

I think what I will do instead is to invest in a fund that my son can use to start a business once he finishes both high school and some carefully selected business courses.  It will be entirely up to him what kind of business to start but I will make sure he understands that this will be his livelihood.  I think he will realize quickly that with a few years of hard work, he will be able to afford all the college he wants and that he will value the experience more for having earned it.

As hard as it is for any parent to admit, neither of my children is a prodigy.  They are both smart but they will have to work hard to make their way in this world and enjoy the kind of life they have come to expect.  I want to give them the tools they need to make their way and I don't think college will be the right tool for my son.

He could always major in engineering, computer science, hard sciences etc. Just stay away from the liberal arts shit, like sociology and whatnot. Last I checked schools like NJIT (New Jersey Institute of Technology) were still 65% male.

VK

Have you considered education abroad instead?

I can only speak for Oxford, England, but we have large numbers of burseries available for foreign students. There is a fairly high degree of supervision by the college on the student (no visitors after midnight, guests must be signed in and out), no women's studies courses, the one feminist society shut down after a term from lack of attendence...

Given the current costs of American further education, looking abroad can actually end up having similar costs, with degrees that are usually considered of a higher standard than an undergraduate degree from America (although America postgrad degrees are easily the best funded in the world - contemplating coming over there myself for post grad work).

fratstar

My 2 cents....

Send the kid to university, it's a great opportunity.  I'd encourage him to join the biggest meathead fraternity on campus.   That should teach him to be competative, learn to stand up for himself, and how to not put up with any pansy nonsense.   Plus he will get to go to some kickass parties.   Also, if he is going to study stuff while he is there, finace is a good degree & not to feminized.   Also have the kid learn a foreign language.  If you can afford it a semeseter or summer abroad in Latin America would be a great experience.  Get him some exposure to Machisimo!

Go Up