How can I stop the doubt, distrust and rumors about me?

Started by Teri, Oct 01, 2006, 11:38 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Teri

I recently heard there are still rumors floating around about me being a spy.  I don't understand this; the work I've done the last 3 years is readily available online.  Part of my life story is even available online.

I work with some of the most respected men and women in the movement.  I'm on the board of directors of two well-respected organizations as well as being an area contact for RADAR.  I stopped worrying about my reputation when I realized the people who matter know who and what I am and what I stand for.  Or so I thought...

What disturbs me now is that some of the people who seem to still have doubts about me are people who I thought knew me.  I've made many, many contacts, and each time I made a positive connection I sincerely felt I had another friend.  Some of these people have even had phone conversations with me.   (Obviously not enough phone conversations!)  

How can I fix this?  What can I do to stop the rumors and doubt?

Teri

gwallan

Quote from: "Teri"
I recently heard there are still rumors floating around about me being a spy.  I don't understand this; the work I've done the last 3 years is readily available online.  Part of my life story is even available online.

I work with some of the most respected men and women in the movement.  I'm on the board of directors of two well-respected organizations as well as being an area contact for RADAR.  I stopped worrying about my reputation when I realized the people who matter know who and what I am and what I stand for.  Or so I thought...

What disturbs me now is that some of the people who seem to still have doubts about me are people who I thought knew me.  I've made many, many contacts, and each time I made a positive connection I sincerely felt I had another friend.  Some of these people have even had phone conversations with me.   (Obviously not enough phone conversations!)  

How can I fix this?  What can I do to stop the rumors and doubt?

Teri

Teri
I've never had any conversations with you but rather have admired you from afar. I've never had the slightest inkling that you were anything other than wholely dedicated to the mens rights issues as you espouse them.
I judge you by your actions as they appear to me. I envy your energy, persistance and dedication.
If I may be blunt - ignore the bastards. You have a job to do as you see it. Do it as you see it. Do not be distracted by those seeking to create division. Ultimately it is only yourself that you need to satisfy that you have done, and are doing, the right thing.
In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

whome112

Teri:  Sadly, there are nasty people around ... both sexes all religions, nationalities and such. You face a problem we all face when we step outside of the private world. It, infortunately, comes with the territory of actually doing something (anything).

Here is where we either grow or whither. It is in growing the thick skin where leaders are forged.

Wish I could give you better news ...

whome
ay what you mean: Mean what you say.
http://jwwells.blogspot.com

Sir Percy

OUTRAGEOUS

You are a fine, courageous person, Teri, and a target for the hate-filled morons we oppose.
vil, like misery, is Protean, and never greater than when committed in the name of 'right'. To commit evil when they are convinced they are doing 'good', is one of the greatest of pleasures known to a feminist.

Men's Rights Activist

Teri is not a spy and anyone who says she is, is just not well informed, or perhaps laboring under their own prejudice agianst all women. :?

I admit to sometimes being very distrustful of some women due to my life experiences, but I am always happy when I'm still able to find some nice ones like Teri, amidst the heterosexual rubble created by gender feminists, and women's studies deviltry.

Using lots of caution is fine, but writing off the entire female gender, (or male gender if you're a woman), because of bad experiences is just not something I would consider healthy or wise.

Hang in their Teri, there are lots of us MRA's who realize we need all the good friends we can get.  Thanks for all you've done working with us to promote Shared Parenting and other fair minded parenting issues.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Men's Rights Activist

How can I fix this? What can I do to stop the rumors and doubt?

You might want to confront them and ask, "May I inquire what it is you've observed that gives you reason to doubt my loyalty and sincereity?"

You might also add, "I've worked professionally and tenaciously to bring fair and equitable treatment to non-custodial parents (most of whom are Dads) so where I have failed to convince you of my true motivations and sincereity?" and  "Why do you doubt my motivations, loyalty, and sincerity in our efforts to help non-custodial parents?" :)
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Galt

Welcome back, Sir Percy.

BRIAN

I was unaware of any rumors. I would just ignore them and keep doing what you are doing. Actions speak louder than words.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

PowerMan72

:yes:

Teri, I concur with what everyone else has said.

:D

Welcome back Sir Percy!  There's a cup of mead waiting for you.  Stay a while.
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

stands2p

Hello Teri,  I am not familiar with your work.  You seem to have a lot of support from the fellas here at SYG.  Can you provide a link to your site/blog etc?

Thanks and good luck in your work.
The Lord works in strange ways; and with strange people.

tudball

Sir Percy returns!  Huzzah!

TheManOnTheStreet

http://mensnewsdaily.com/category/blogettes/teri-stoddard/

Ignore them Teri, you do good work.  And I (and I am sure others) appreciate your voice and dedication.

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

FP

Get a sex change?  :D

TheManOnTheStreet

Why would she want to be male?  Then she would be COMPLETELY crucified instead of a few yappers here and there.

Nope, Stay female and continues your good work.

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Quentin0352

Best I can say is to ignore them. I have the same problem with people thinking I am a child molester, child abuser, spousal abuser and more every time I go to one of my kids' games or school functions. After years of dealing with it, I just ignore it and tell them if they want the truth, then ask me and I can back up what I say, then ask her to back up her claims and see who is pulling a game. More than one has decided to ignore the BS she spouts because of my saying that or just pointing out that I have been investigated by five separate government agencies on her claims and have never even been arrested, much less charged and most didn't even feel a need to contact me for questioning.

Go Up