Rather freaky

Started by VK, Oct 02, 2006, 12:31 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

VK

A good friend of mine, who recently came out as a transgendered female started work at a DNA lab last week. As an obvious tracker against contamination they record samples of all employees DNA.

And it turns out she ain't transgendered. She's intersex (XXY) Which given the discussions I've had on here recently is rather freaky.  

Has got me feeling rather jumpy and making me want to get tested and check my "Y" is still where I think it is. While I don't want kids now, I may want them in the future ... Anyone on here ever got their sex tested/knows someone who got their sex tested and does anyone know how to go about it?

The Gonzman

Well, such people have genuine concerns, and have my sympathy - you can't argue with science, and XXY is ambiguous at best.  

It's pretty rare, though, so I wouldn't sweat it.

And since I was obviously fertile, it's not something I ever had to worry about.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

CaptDMO

1. I'm not buying it. Not for a second!
2. How many hormone "treatments" and other spiffy chemical alterations
have been involved? For how many years?

Galt

VK - do you have some kind of agenda that hasn't been completely disclosed here?  You seem to be veering off into the same mindset in a lot of posts - and the mindset is not a typical one.

gwallan

Quote from: "VK"
Has got me feeling rather jumpy and making me want to get tested and check my "Y" is still where I think it is.

Hopefully it's on the front of your underpants.
In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

neonsamurai

Quote from: "Galt"
VK - do you have some kind of agenda that hasn't been completely disclosed here?  You seem to be veering off into the same mindset in a lot of posts - and the mindset is not a typical one.

Maybe Galt, but a friend of mine decided he was a woman trapped in a man's body about 4 years ago and it gets you thinking. The guy was a close friend, somebody I looked up to and I kind of used him as a way to judge how I was doing in my life, so when he suddenly dropped this bombshell it got me reevaluating a lot of shit in my life. Particularly when he started telling people behind my back that he thought I was a closet transexual too.

But it turns out that he was actually severely depressed and had to be sectioned. Sadly he killed himself last year.
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

Men's Rights Activist

... Anyone on here ever got their sex tested/knows someone who got their sex tested and does anyone know how to go about it?

http://sfgate.com/g/pictures/2005/08/11/sweeney_pat.jpg
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

strangedisk

VK -- I'm sure your "Y" is where it ought to be.

Wow, such certainty!  

A big part of the problem is that over the years, fems have been telling us, all of us, all of the world, that many of the domains of human experience that we all have are not in fact human experiences, but feminine experiences.

Like nurturing.  And sensitivity.  And the desire for human contact and sharing of emotions and experiences.  So we've bought it wholesale, and exchanged our human experience, our warmth, our humanity itself, for a black lie.

In Hawai`i, the men (and women) wear flowers in their hair.  There are differences between men and women (as groups), but none so big that any given individual, in any given individual emotional or mental trait, might share more with the "average" of the opposite sex than whatever is expected of their own.  That's fine, that's nature and natural variance.

So whatever it is that makes you question the particular placement of your Y chromosome, be sure of this before you wonder about your anatomy...  Are you worried that a HUMAN trait that you have might be a FEMININE trait?

The short (and long) answer is -- "no".  There is no grand emotional experience or mental state that is exclusive to women (or men) -- men are actually MORE emotional (as a group) than women (according to studies), but in the end, I firmly believe that the deepest part of our experience of life as human beings is a shared one.

The Biscuit Queen

The thing that pisses me off so much is their hypocracy. We are to respect thier feelings about their gender, we are to change how we address them, we must accept who they are. Yet they can completely disrespect OUR need to know before sex because they don't think it matters.

to them:
Maybe I don't think it matters what gender you THINK you are. Maybe to me that is a non-issue. Why do I have to respect your wishes and needs yet you don't have to respect mine?

Grrr, I hate liberal logic...it is so oxymoronic.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

VK

Quote from: "CaptDMO"
1. I'm not buying it. Not for a second!
2. How many hormone "treatments" and other spiffy chemical alterations
have been involved? For how many years?

She only came out fully a few months ago, so the only things she has done are started wearing girls clothes and make-up and having facial hair lasered off. Nothing that could possibly impact chromosones.

VK

Quote from: "neonsamurai"
The guy was a close friend, somebody I looked up to and I kind of used him as a way to judge how I was doing in my life, so when he suddenly dropped this bombshell it got me reevaluating a lot of shit in my life.

Very much with you on that. She has been, while not a close friend since I started uni, but someone I looked up to. She was in the year above me, had often just finished whatever committee position I was applying for. Hell, I bet half of my e-mails over the last few years have been to her asking "how would you handle this? Did it ever come up last year".

This time last year he had just started marriage with a lovely young lady, graduated from uni and was about to start making his way in the world. And since then it's been switch and change gender/orientation/name every few months.

devia

Whatever we want to blame it on there are  intersexed ( the doctor isn't sure), babies being born pretty much every day, or everly second day. . all we know is it's some what common.

What happens to them as adults in a mra or a feminsit enviroment?

TheManOnTheStreet

I don't care what happens to them.  I care about what happens to me, my son, and my fellow males of the earth...... Inter-transgender-mogrified-sexuals concern me not.  They already have laws and liberals to "protect" them.  I don't.

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

neonsamurai

Quote from: "devia"
Whatever we want to blame it on there are  intersexed ( the doctor isn't sure), babies being born pretty much every day, or everly second day. . all we know is it's some what common.

What happens to them as adults in a mra or a feminsit enviroment?

From my point of view Devia, these guys or gals can do whatever they want. I haven't got a problem with folks deciding to change their sex or whatever. I don't think it's 'right' especially after what happened to my friend (and the number of doctors, psychologists and plastic surgeons who decided it was right for him to do it), but I think what most of us here are saying is that they shouldn't get upset if people don't like what they're doing.

I think that there are very, very few people who would genuinely gain from having a sex change operation, but there a lot of people who make a lot of money from it when they do. Case in point, my friend visited a plastic surgeon who told him that with his bone structure he could make him look like a supermodel for only £50K.

Yeah right.

No wonder that there's such a high suicide rate amongst post-op transexuals.
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

Go Up