OT - My last fight

Started by Assault, Dec 19, 2006, 05:55 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Assault

I don't know if anyone is interested, but here are some pics of my last fight in September. I had to cut too much weight to make the weigh in and I gassed out midway through the first. I ground out the next round but gave up with 6 sconds left of the fight.   :-\   :D

I'm the guy in the black shorts that looks lie he's gonna puke!! Ha haha!!

Feminism is the product of female selfishness, compounded by male chivalry.

- Peter Zohrab -

Andrea Amperschwyzer

I just took up boxing recently.  Trying to get down to welterweight myself. 
Registered Clinical Peopleologist Specializing in Women and Childrens Issues,   Sarah Brighthamptonshireyork Knight Shire Regents Gender College, Wycombetonland Cove, Connecticut.

dr e

Wow Assault!  Very cool pics!  Very buff!

Glad you are on our side.   ;)
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Chris Key

Nice photos.
Men's Rights Activist,
Chris Key

Men's Rights Online - http://www.mens-rights.net

Men's Rights Online Forum - http://forum.mens-rights.net

MAUS

You look formidable Assault. Next time they have a casting call for one of those movies that has medeival battle scenes with boiled leather armour and such you should audition.

If they throw me in the slam for what I have to say about feminism I will know what you look like and I will give you the MGTOW hand sign so you will know me.

Here is my favourite song by your hometown band The Tragically Hip

"38 Years Old"

Twelve men broke loose in '73
From Milhaven maximum security
Twelve pictures lined up across the front page
seems the mounties had a summertime war to wage
The chief told the people they had nothing to fear
The last thing they'd wanna do is hang around here
They mostly came from towns with long French names
But one of the dozen was a hometown shame

Same pattern on the table, same clock on the wall
Been one seat empty 18 years in all
Freezing slow time away from the world
He's 38 years old, never kissed a girl

We were sitting round table, heard the telephone ring
Father said he'd tell me if he saw anything
Heard the tap on the window in the middle of the night
Held back the curtains for my older brother Mike

See my sister got raped, so a man got killed
Local boy went to prison, man's buried on the hill
Folks went back to normal when they closed the case
They still stare at their shoes when they pass our place

My mother cried "The horror has finally ceased"
He whispered "yeah, for the time being, at least"
Over his shoulder, on the squad car megaphone
Said "Let's go Michael, son, we're taking you home"

Same pattern on the table, same clock on the wall
Been one seat empty 18 years in all
Freezing slow time away from the world

Assault

Thanks guys, I find the people on this board interesting and enjoy when people show up pics of themselves in thier lives, so I thought I'd share as well.   8)

- Peter Zohrab -

Mongo

Cool.

I have a love/hate for the fighting scene. I respect what guys like you
do for the sheer talent and guts you show.

It also turns my stomach a little
to see people hurting each other like that(no offense).

CaptDMO

I ground out the next round but gave up with 6 sconds left of the fight.   :-\   :D

Six seconds left?
WHAT A FREAKIN' PUSSY!

I hope it's clearly obvious I say this hiding behind the skirts of my monitor and screen name.
I suspect (rely on) there's several miles between Assault and myself at the moment.
  Judging by the photos,I also suspect that NOBODY walked away from that one pain free the next morning.

Men's Rights Activist

Dec 19, 2006, 11:16 AM Last Edit: Dec 19, 2006, 11:20 AM by Men's Rights Activist
Awesome photos.

Congratulations on the hard work and conditioning it took to even get in the ring.  That in itself is a major accomplishment and something to be very proud of.  The competition in the ring looks like a whole other level.  It appears to me to be a notable physical, and mental, accomplishment to go the rounds you did.

I used to work out on a speed bag in my youth, and wore several of the swivels, and bags, out.  I had a hard time keeping a location to hit the bag.  I loved the timing and coordination it gave me.  As crazy as this sounds, it really helped my typing ability after a workout.  

I never fought at any level, and these days my main exercise appears to be wrestling a lazy boy recliner through its various settings.  I see the Rocky series is coming out with a new movie.  "Geriatric Rocky" would be an appropriate title IMO.  I'm pretty content with the work outs I get working around the house and yard these days, and walking.

It's good for a man's health to love to work out and exercise vigorously.  My Dad dropped dead with a heart attack just before his 82nd birthday, after shoveling snow, but he never was in the hospital a day in his life.  I often wish I had been able to pay a kid to shovel the driveway that day, but knowing my Dad it was more about the exercise than the snow blocking the driveway.

Love life!  Live free!  ;D
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

no2fembots

I used to work out on a speed bag in my youth,

In my youth, I WAS the speed bag people used to work out on!

I toughened up by taking Judo.  The needed attitude came later in life, though.

Now I am old, grizzled and out of shape, but my attitude is just slightly shy of Hell's Angel biker on a bad hair day!

I find I get left alone.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

Assault

I ground out the next round but gave up with 6 sconds left of the fight.   :-\   :D

Six seconds left?
WHAT A FREAKIN' PUSSY!

I hope it's clearly obvious I say this hiding behind the skirts of my monitor and screen name.
I suspect (rely on) there's several miles between Assault and myself at the moment.
  Judging by the photos,I also suspect that NOBODY walked away from that one pain free the next morning.

Believe me, I KNOW I'm a pussy.  :'(

The official timekeeper must have been napping because he didn't ring the 10 second bell at the end of the round to signify there are only 10 seconds left. So I thought/felt like I was maybe mid-round with 2 to 3 minutes to go, and I was exhausted so when my opponent went for an armbar I just let him have it and tapped out.

It sucks because alot of people told me they thought I would have won the decision or at least it would have been a draw. Oh well, lesson learned for next time.....don't try to drop 11 pounds in a sauna the night before a fight. :P

My opponent was puking in a garbage can at the end of the fight, he was so tired.  :D

- Peter Zohrab -

Assault

Cool.

I have a love/hate for the fighting scene. I respect what guys like you
do for the sheer talent and guts you show.

It also turns my stomach a little
to see people hurting each other like that(no offense).

Meh,...if you met most of the pro fighters you'd see that they are really intelligent respectful people. Of course, there are the exceptions that are douchebags, but they are suprisingly in the minority.

So having said that, MMA fighters don't really want to inflict permanent damage on thier opponent. As a fighter you know the risks of getting in the ring and you tend to respect the other guy for taking those risks as well and meeting you there.

Other than cuts, bruises and the odd broken bone, suprisingly few people get seriously hurt. It's when promoters put unskilled idiots in the ring that problems happen.

MMA has had 1 death in the past 15 years, where boxing has an average of 3 per year!!! Yikes!! :o

- Peter Zohrab -

Assault

Awesome photos.

Congratulations on the hard work and conditioning it took to even get in the ring.  That in itself is a major accomplishment and something to be very proud of.  The competition in the ring looks like a whole other level.  It appears to me to be a notable physical, and mental, accomplishment to go the rounds you did.

It is suprising how much of a mental test it is. Obviously body conditioning is one of the most important aspects as well ( we do a drill called "shark bait" where the fighter stands in the middle of the mat and spars for 5 minutes with an opponent, then gets a fresh opponent for the next round, etc, etc. I was able to do 7 rounds of this getting ready for this fight, I felt great.)

But, the mental conditioning and the power of the brain if amazing. I was in great shape, but my nerves played a large part in killing my cardio. It's a whole different story when you're stepping in the ring for real and the crown is cheering, the music is blaring, the lights, and your opponent is standing there looking at you. It's pretty intense, but I loved it, as you can see from the last photo which was taken after I had tapped out and was heading back to the corner with  a big cheesy grin in my face. :D

I really enjoy challenging myself mentally; fighting, skydiving, motorcycle riding, shooting weapons, etc. It feels good to see what I will or won't do.

Suprisingly I'm afraid of heights, and I live on the 6th floor of a condo. Needless to say I don't go on the balcony much.  ::) But that's why I went skydiving a few times, just to test myself mentally.

- Peter Zohrab -

typhonblue

Looks like you were trying to set up an americana in that first photo, there.

I'd love to compete. But it will have to wait till I'm less of a lazy fat-ass.  :P

ThePatriarch

Nice pics.  You could have been  a gladiator!

What's with the tatoos?

Go Up