Gender Games

Started by Analog Worms, Sep 30, 2003, 06:45 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

dr e

Trouble said:
Dr. Evil, if it were made in a sexual context, of course it would.

Sexual context?  That's surely not the way I read it.  We may have a bit of a gender thing happening here.  "Ass whoopin" must have strongly different connotations to you then it does to me.  To me it means being beaten in a competition more than soundly in a fair and square manner.  You seem to think the writer has sexual nuances attached.   My guess that was not his intent whatsoever.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

DoubleTrouble

Maybe we are reading it differently, but I was basing it on the conversation that led up to that post. (If you want to look at it in the competition sense, however, it wouldn't be in a fair and square manner, as they mentioned in the post it was made to that he was older and out of her weight class).

Pat Kibbon

The conversation being debated could be understood as suggesting what might be going on in the mind of a 15 year old boy who is contemplating the prospect that he might have the opportunity to wrestle with an attractive 15 year old girl.  It is probably sexual in context.
"We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paper work is overwhelming."

Go Up