Georgia teen gets 10 years for consensual sex....

Started by Sorry Isnt Good Enough, Jan 26, 2007, 10:25 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

oz615

While I think it often plays a role, I dont feel it in this case. 

It's all Gender...

Anyone?

i hate to say it but i think race played a very small role in it now that i think about.
en are people too

gentlegiant

Now that I read some of the other posts I would say race might have a role in it.  If this were a white kid, with or without resources, I think it would be different...
Falsely accused and maliciously prosecuted.

SIAM

Courts should not just be about following the letter of the law, if doing so causes an injustice.  Justice is what law is all about, not laws themselves.  The laws are only a means to an end (the end being justice), not an end in themselves.

At least, that's how I understand it.

An as usual, feminists will stay absolutely quiet about this. 

TheManOnTheStreet

I hate to bring it up but does being a young black man have any bearing on the case?  I mean would a nice white kid with good grades get hammered like this?

just askin

Don't feel bad for bringing it up.  It is a valid question as I see it.  Two specific items stand out to me which do in fact support that the race issue is at least partially involved here....

One, they never mention the race of the minor.  Normally, they would jump all over it.  Begging the question as to are they hiding it because she was white? 

The second is the SC.  "The first time the Supreme Court voted on Genarlow's case, it was 4-3. The four judges who voted against the black teen were white. The three judges who voted for him were black. "

To me, it is a little too coincidental that all the whites were against and all the blacks were for.  I just cannot in good concience believe that 7 votes could "coincidentially" break down like that.  The probability of this is unfathomable... unless race WAS indeed at issue as well here.

And lastly, if this 15 year old girl is a victim of this "molester" as they state, then why wasn't the other young male that "forced" his weewee in her mouth prior to this young man "forcing" his in her mouth also charged? 

Just too may questions.  This should have never have happened.  A film PROVING that she was willingly gobbling weewees is enough in any sane persons mind containing two cells to rub together to see that he is only guilty of being stupid, nothing more.

Just my take.

TMOTS

The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

K9

While I think it often plays a role, I dont feel it in this case. 

It's all Gender...

Anyone?

The DA implicates himself in the article; it's his turf, and this guy is going to damn well play by his rules. The DA wanted him to do time with as little effort on the DA's part as possible. The guy doesn't play by the DA's rules, he's gotta pay.

Explaining misandry to a feminist is like explaining "wet" to a fish.

Go Up