If you could change the plot of any film...

Started by Wussycat, Jan 24, 2007, 01:56 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Wussycat

...to make it non-misandrous, what film(s) would you pick and what would you change?

John Tucker Must Die

John is a nice guy, and there are three girls fighting over him, but he's totally oblivious.

After a while, the girls make up and decide to "get back" at John for "making" them fight, and the undeserved torture of John ensues.

VK

Now I really liked John Tucker Must Die.

Every thing they did to him, he came out of it looking far better than they did (i.e. when they spread the rumour he had an STD, he turned it into a opportunity to spread awareness about STD's). Even the girls admit he didn't deserve what they did to him by the end.

bachelor tom

"to make it non-misandrous, what film(s) would you pick and what would you change?"

wouldn't that include most films made in the last 30 years?
political correctness = patriarchal chivalry + matriarchal victimology

Dingo

Liar Liar - Take out the all too common 'woman-hitting-man-because-he-said -the-wrong-thing' scenes and we have an MRA movie. I've seen the movie mentioned here as being an MRA movie, and I agree that it would be if it weren't for the scenes mentioned above.

The Deer Hunter - Take out the scenes portraying normal men as abusers.

The Gonzman

Any movie that shows some willowy 5' 6" inch model type kung-fuing battle hardened trained killers.  Bonus points if they show what really would happen.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

TheManOnTheStreet

Any movie that shows some willowy 5' 6" inch model type kung-fuing battle hardened trained killers.  Bonus points if they show what really would happen.

Especially when said hardened trained killers have, in the previous scenes, killed two or three men of equal or larger size.  Yet, this little 105 lb waif can hiyah-karateeee their asses within seconds..... Without breaking a sweat, messing her hair, or god forbid, breaking a nail.

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Fred X

I think that if you look at comedies, you will find some form of misandry in 95% of them

Be it through comedic groin attacks or some self-entitled slap from some skank, you'll find misandry all right

Yep- misandry and the film industry go hand-in-hand I'm afriad, particularly in comedies or in domestic dramas where male demonisation is all-too-common
ome feminists never die, they just smell that way

More from me at:
http://fredxblog.blogspot.com/

Go Up