Things are looking up in California

Started by ., Feb 01, 2007, 12:38 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

GREAT NEWS! In California (U.S.), the law that currently defines domestic violence as a crime against women (never men) is likely to be struck down.  I know the lawyers and lobbyists who argued the case in the court just last week.  The judge signaled that the statute needs to be rewritten, and implied a willingness to strike down the law if the legislature does not correct this disparity.

Read the article in the Capitol Weekly magazine (2.9 MB PDF).  People, this is absolutely stunning and positive news!  If the law is redesigned to be gender neutral in California, which is a trend-setter state in the United States, it's likely that many other states will follow.  (Just to put things in perspective, California has a population of roughly 35 million people).  The ripples are about to start spreading, guys.  When the news breaks that the law has been rewritten as gender neutral (or struck down entirely), it's time to celebrate.

K9

That truck looks familiar! Or is it the sign?
Explaining misandry to a feminist is like explaining "wet" to a fish.

Virtue

The original domestic violence law WAS gender netural......gender netural with mandatory arrest in any instance where "visible trauma" was present.....but then something funny happened.....the arrest rate for men increased 400% ......the arrest rate for women increased 1200 % (domestic  violence CA PC 273.5)

Feminists groups FREAKED called the police all kinds of things and went into a lawsuit frenzy.....and guess what we have now.
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

blackmanxxx

I  wish  you  the  best  of  luck.   I   don't  have  much  faith  in   lawmakers  or  government  workers.   I  think   less   of  them  than   I  do  pedophiles.
I'm  told  pedophiles  of  both  sexes   often  can't  help  themselves.  Government  workers  and  lawmakers   willingly  choose  to  side  with  evil,  which  is  the  arrayed  forces  of   misandry  in  this  case.   

My  concern  is  not  the  laws,  but  to  support  and  strengthen   those  organizations  which  help  our   fellow   men.

The original domestic violence law WAS gender netural......gender netural with mandatory arrest in any instance where "visible trauma" was present.....but then something funny happened.....the arrest rate for men increased 400% ......the arrest rate for women increased 1200 % (domestic  violence CA PC 273.5)

Feminists groups FREAKED called the police all kinds of things and went into a lawsuit frenzy.....and guess what we have now.

This response to mandatory arrest laws (when women were arrested in higher numbers) resulted in "primary aggressor" statutes, which virtually assured that it was always the man to be arrested no matter who was victimized (man or woman as victim -- or neither).  The man always got arrested, even as he was led out to the car bloody and beaten by a wife left behind in pristine condition.

My  concern  is  not  the  laws,  but  to  support  and  strengthen   those  organizations  which  help  our   fellow   men.

Well said, but if you can manage to change the law in this way, it will bring about the funding of programs to aid male abuse victims.  This will come from taxpayer dollars, as it should if female victims are being assisted in the same way.

dr e

This could be huge.  If California changes their law this will set a precedent.  At the very least this is helping get male victims on the map and expose some of the bigoted DV system.

Great work!!   Thanks for posting this johndias.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Virtue

I hope your right Dr E....it looks good I admit but damn here in CA its just down right freaky on all fronts social to legal and everything between
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

Men's Rights Activist

That truck looks familiar! Or is it the sign?

Yes, on both counts.

Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Men's Rights Activist

This is input from three different people about the article.

(#1 person) Notice how the feminist groups in the article clearly have no way to justify the exclusion of men from the statutory provisions and so they change the subject by suggesting:

# we're trying to remove funding (a lie),
# claiming we are "right wing" (irrelevant and untrue, as we have many liberals and progressives among us),
# and arguing women suffer more injuries (irrelevant and ignores the fact that men make 38% of injured victims and that children who witness it are damaged even by injury-free domestic violence).

(#2 person)  Also, regarding that last point, women use weapons, poison and 3rd parties to level that playing field and at least some of that violence is unreported/unrecorded, especially when 3rd parties are used by the violent women.  3rd party violence is not even recorded as IPV (intmate partner violence) by violent women in official government records.  

(#3 person)  "When a heterosexual relationship ends, I've read that the man is no less than 10 times more likely to commit suicide than is the woman. I believe one of the reasons so little research exists about the cause of such suicides is directly related to the high probability that a significant number of those men were being seriously abused by their female partner. If that's the case, then it is highly probable that men suffer a higher death rate from domestic violence than do women. Be that the case the entire DV industry would begin to crumble; or, at least be forced to provide the same services for men as women. Hence, no money for such research."
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

bachelor tom

excellent, the laws should be neutral, even if enforcement is imperfect
political correctness = patriarchal chivalry + matriarchal victimology

CaptDMO

excellent, the laws should be neutral, even if enforcement is imperfect

I demand that such laws be stricken in entirety, as enforcement
is systematicly "imperfect".

Let there be association with previously enacted laws that address
such conflicts, without PRESUMPTIONS, save innocence without 
conviction by jury of ones peers.

I'm certainly NOT the one that generated THAT concept. 

Go Up