Online Obedience

Started by ., Feb 24, 2007, 10:25 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Feb 26, 2007, 12:13 AM Last Edit: Feb 26, 2007, 12:33 AM by johndias
After writing this posting, I realized that I forgot one such vivid story that really moved me.  It's about a man who was abused by a woman who he was involved with.  He was trained in martial arts, had a towering figure compared to her, but could never bring himself to retaliate against her with violence.  He sought help at a local shelter, and was denied because they only served women at the time.  Years later, he tried again when they implemented a program for male victims, and was given help that time.

This is, in my estimation, not a typical article; it is exceptional.  It does have a mundane headline, but the riveting information is in the text.  I have provided a PDF on my Web site, with the most power-packed statements highlighted.  If men are being abused, this is a prime example of how their stories can be told:

View the article here

One thing I have to note...  Some of the abuse was so blatant, and yet this man could not even raise an arm to defend himself from an oncoming blow.  To do so could have been used against him in court.  A MAN DEFENDING HIS BODY FROM ATTACK BY SHIELDING HIMSELF CAN BE PROSECUTED FOR ABUSE.  Think about that.  Let that sink in.  Telling his story was necessary, but according to the article, even vivid accounts of his abuse made no difference.  Only when he tape recorded his abuser did he meet with any sympathy in the legal system.  Why was it necessary for an abused man, who had endured many threats, beatings, and much emotional abuse -- to record his abuser, rather than simply report it so police could investigate?  Men do not deserve this treatment!

Rather than wait until the legal system recognizes the courageous stories of abused men, I advocate on my site all kinds of ways that men can capture their wives in the act.  My Web site teaches men how to use surveillance, what kind of equipment they need, why they need it, and where they can buy it.  In order for men in such situations to tell their story, I believe all it takes is the courage to record it, then report it.

My Web site is DontMakeHerMad.com.

bachelor tom

There are a couple of problems I see in fighting the feminists:

First, many people have trouble believing that all those idealistic Women's Libbers could actually be lying about their favourite statistics (DV, wage gap etc)

Second, men don't like talking about their problems, partly because no-one wants to hear about it

Third, men are uncomfortable fighting women, whether from chivalry or fear of society's judgment

and there's the usual inertia in getting people to change their minds, or question 'common knowledge', or just letting someone else deal with it
political correctness = patriarchal chivalry + matriarchal victimology

Go Up