Alone Nearly Three Weeks, Tot Survives. Dad gets the shaft!

Started by URnotmeRU, Oct 08, 2003, 11:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

Does anyone believe the state gives one fuck about the kid or its need to promote gender bigotry?

I think the state cares about the state.
1 (9.1%)
I think the state cares about how the state looks and not one shit about the kid.
0 (0%)
I think the state cares about keeping fathers rights out of the political/legal arena at all costs
1 (9.1%)
All of the ABOVE
8 (72.7%)
I think the state feels it is doing the right thing.
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: Oct 08, 2003, 11:24 AM

Go Down

URnotmeRU

Ok, to read the story you have to click on the link.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=573&e=3&u=/nm/20031001/od_nm/crime_child_dc

I was going to post this and give my opinion on it but instead I am going to cut and paste it in part with commentaries from a friend who sent to me in Email because I am in total agreement with her on every point. Note her comments in bold print.

So, here goes:

Quote from: "URsfriend"

Ok I am not getting the fucking issue here; I don't mean the story, but the result:

MIAMI (Reuters) - A 2-year-old girl whose mother was in jail survived alone in an apartment for nearly three weeks on ketchup, mustard and food she found in the refrigerator and kitchen cupboards, Jacksonville, Florida police said on Tuesday.

The child's father found the toddler on Monday, draped in a towel and sitting in an infant's bathtub in her mother's apartment, police said.

Police have charged the mother, Dakeysha Telita Lee, 20, with child abuse for not telling them she had left the girl alone at home when she was arrested on Sept. 10 on an aggravated battery charge.

"She had subsisted on mustard, ketchup, dried pasta. She cleared out the lower cabinets looking for food as well as the refrigerator," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office spokesman Ken Jefferson said.

"Everything was on the bed in the bedroom. Obviously she had found other things than the ketchup to eat."

The child's father, Ogden Lee, told the Florida Times-Union newspaper he had been trying to contact Dakeysha Lee, from whom he is separated, for two weeks, not knowing she was in jail.

He finally tried the jail on Sunday and talked to his estranged wife, who told him the girl was with neighbors. After knocking on doors at her apartment complex without success, he had a manager let him into the mother's apartment on Monday and found the girl, dirty and covered with dried ketchup.

"She grabbed me and wouldn't let go of me," he told the newspaper. "It really is a miracle how good a shape my daughter is in. I don't know how she did it."

Ok so her dad was trying the whole time to get hold of them; and when he couldn't he finally started pounding on doors and doing whatever he had to to get to his baby.    SO WHY THIS:

The child, whose name was not released, was recovering from malnutrition and Florida's Department of Children and Families, the state child welfare agency, was investigating the case to determine where to place the girl.

Why the fuck is that an issue or a problem?  

"The child is safe and in our care," said Pattie Mallon, an official with the Department of Children and Families in Jacksonville. "We are in awe of her spirit to survive and we are making every effort to ensure her safety and well being."

In OUR care, safe.   Doing everything except the fucking OBVIOUS - returning her to her father where she is safe, to the one person who DID save her and to whom she clung and wouldn't let go when she was found.   WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING; who the HELL do they think they are, and WHY are they doing this?

Last of all, if this were the mom who had found her would there be any hesitation, or would she get to go home as soon as she was out of immediate physical danger?

Bastards.
nd the time will come when you'll see we're all one and life flows on, within you and without you. - George Harrison

Teddy_Roosevelt

Fucking incredible.

The sad part is, while I answered "All of the Above", I think the last choice is actually correct. It's just that what they think is "right" is really so horribly wrong.
Respect is not a civil right; it is an attitude of approval and admiration. No one can claim a "right" to the emotional or intellectual approval of anyone else. " - That I-feminist who writes for foxnews.com

Analog Worms

Unbelievable  :shock:

Will fathers ever get justice!?
url=http://theafa.tk]Anti-Feminist Army[/url]

They call him the wanderer. Moving from one message board to the next. Just looking for a place to call home.

URnotmeRU

Quote from: "Teddy_Roosevelt"
Fucking incredible.

The sad part is, while I answered "All of the Above", I think the last choice is actually correct. It's just that what they think is "right" is really so horribly wrong.

Exactly, Brewer, it's almost like they all have been given a frontal lobotomy.
nd the time will come when you'll see we're all one and life flows on, within you and without you. - George Harrison

D

Quote from: "URnotmeRU"

Exactly, Brewer, it's almost like they all have been given a frontal lobotomy.

I've seen this here in my own city.  The mother trys to commit suicide and they still won't hand the kids over to the father.  Father then sacrfices his life savings fighting for his kids only to lose.  His own lawyer doesn't seem to be working for him but the other side in some cases.  These are good men.

But I tell you it won't stop at just the fathers, it will increase to the mothers as soon as children's services can get the power they need to do it.  They've been playing off mommy vs daddy for as long as they can, now they're going for the real prize.  Every child born is the child of the state, and now it's mommy and daddy who are the wards and who will live in fear.

Good people, average people.  It will progress.

radicalangel

What do ya wanna bet they let the mom have the child back later on?  This is nuts!
url=http://gayrebel83.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]

URnotmeRU

I would bet my bottom dollar that you're right, RA. And that is insane!

Anniee an'the Blackhearts

Don't forget Precious whatshername who just got out of jail...she murdered her baby in cold blood; smashed her head against a public toilet wall like 27 times and killed her.   Now after serving something like 20 years she's out.  But that isn't the best part.   The best part is that during her time in prison she worked her way up TO A POSITION OF RESPONSIBILITY IN THE DAY-CARE CENTER in the slammer (whose bright fucking idea was THAT?) and they let her out because there is no sense keeping her in there when she can be such a great help to PARENTS on the OUTSIDE.   She comes near this parent I'll slam HER head into the wall; they're probably going to make her a fucking social worker.    She won't get within a mile of MY kids.

Uh huh.   It's a mad fucking world all right.
on't walk ahead of me, I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk beside me either.  Stay the hell away from me.

You want to talk?  Write.

URnotmeRU

Holy cow Anniee! Are you kidding me? A DAYCARE WORKER?

Fucking idiots, I know I know, I sound like a broken record but for the love of Christ!

A DAYCARE WORKER?>? :roll:

Anniee an'the Blackhearts

UR I couldn't believe my eyes when I read all that.   I. could. not. believe. any. of. it.   Getting out, maybe.  But the rest...it was sort of like being punched in the stomach :(
on't walk ahead of me, I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk beside me either.  Stay the hell away from me.

You want to talk?  Write.

Galt

<<A DAYCARE WORKER?>? >>

There is a woman named Caril Fugate who went on a killing spree with a guy named Charles Starkweather decades ago.  At the time, women "didn't do those things", so the prosecutor assumed that she was under his control.  Many facts came out later pointing to her actually being the initiator and him being her stooge.

Anyway ... he got the electric chair, she got a few years in jail, and the last I read she was working as a nurse in East Lansing, Michigan.  I don't know if I'd want her for my nurse if I ever went in the hospital.

radicalangel

The leniency shown to these baby-killers/abusers is sickening.  Anyone who harms a baby or child deserves to be severely punished.
url=http://gayrebel83.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]

Pernicious

do what I need to do to protect my loved ones, friends, and family. This is what men do.

tricycle

what a horrible thing for the state to do.

first the child is abandoned by her mother, then when she is found by her obviously loving father the state takes her away?

what the fuck is wrong with the world
trange little girl ....

URnotmeRU

Quote from: "Galt"
<<A DAYCARE WORKER?>? >>

There is a woman named Caril Fugate who went on a killing spree with a guy named Charles Starkweather decades ago.  At the time, women "didn't do those things", so the prosecutor assumed that she was under his control.  Many facts came out later pointing to her actually being the initiator and him being her stooge.

Anyway ... he got the electric chair, she got a few years in jail, and the last I read she was working as a nurse in East Lansing, Michigan.  I don't know if I'd want her for my nurse if I ever went in the hospital.

This is unbelievable, Galt! What the hell is wrong with these fools, anyway?

Go Up