Anyone in UK see Comic Relief Does The Apprentice?

Started by brian44, Mar 16, 2007, 09:03 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

brian44

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scoopcps/comicrel/news/2007/03/07/41423.shtml

The women raised (I think) about 3 times as much money as the men, but Alan Sugar said the men were more creative than the women. So the girls totally slaughtered the men, but is that any surprise? Who are rich male donors likely to give more money to? Men or women? Obviously women are in a much stronger position trying to raise money from either sex. Women only have to flutter their eyelashes and people feel more sympathy for them. It just illustrated the very strong position women are in without all the positive discrimination and pressure groups.
It is time we began to ask who are these women who continually rubbish men. The most stupid, ill-educated and nasty woman can rubbish the nicest, kindest and most intelligent man and no one protests.

Men seem to be so cowed that they can't fight back, and it is time they did." Doris Lessing

fruit_cake

Women only have to flutter their eyelashes and people feel more sympathy for them.

depends on the woman. i dont think many people would feel sympathy if Jo Brand fluttered her eyelashes. Lots of men dont notice the 90% of women they dont fancy.

The Biscuit Queen

You know men don't really  think with their dicks. I know some women like you think that, but most men ARE more intelligent than that.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

neonsamurai

Women only have to flutter their eyelashes and people feel more sympathy for them.

depends on the woman. i dont think many people would feel sympathy if Jo Brand fluttered her eyelashes. Lots of men dont notice the 90% of women they dont fancy.

True, but Jo Brand certainly didn't help herself with her anti-male stan up routine. I'll bet a lot of Vietnam vets would have put Jane Fonda at the bottom of their list of attractive women after she decided to go and help the Viet Cong, and I'm pretty sure there weren't a couple of doormen on the prow of each life boat saying "Sorry luv, you not pretty enough to get on."
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

neonsamurai

Sorry Brian, I forgot to add that I didn't see the Comic Relief Apprentice. The whole concept of the show bewilders me, it's like on the one hand their trying to make to feel sad and concerned about the people in Africa etc, whilst trying to make you laugh. One minute it's AIDs and then the next it's Davina McCall mugging at the camera, trying to be a bit 'crazy'.

What I did notice though was how often women and children are portrayed as the ones needing 'your help'. Most of the little videos to remind you why you're supposed to be watching show the plight everyone but men, including one of the homeless ones, which featured a teenage girl on the streets.

But I guess they do that because people have more sympathy when they are being shown women and kids, rather than seeing a man in a tough spot and saying "why doesn't he just get a job?"

If the money goes to help everyone though then I guess it makes sense.
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

fruit_cake

Mar 17, 2007, 03:33 AM Last Edit: Mar 17, 2007, 03:35 AM by fruit_cake
people have more sympathy when they are being shown women and kids, rather than seeing a man in a tough spot and saying "why doesn't he just get a job?"

i think they blame men subconciously for the creation of poverty too.

its not surprising men hate jo brand, but, it is a sign of the times that she probably could no longer get away with half the stuff she used to? I think most people see her as a sad lonely figure now, whereas before she was queen of the men haters...

brian44

Sorry Brian, I forgot to add that I didn't see the Comic Relief Apprentice. The whole concept of the show bewilders me, it's like on the one hand their trying to make to feel sad and concerned about the people in Africa etc, whilst trying to make you laugh. One minute it's AIDs and then the next it's Davina McCall mugging at the camera, trying to be a bit 'crazy'.

What I did notice though was how often women and children are portrayed as the ones needing 'your help'. Most of the little videos to remind you why you're supposed to be watching show the plight everyone but men, including one of the homeless ones, which featured a teenage girl on the streets.

But I guess they do that because people have more sympathy when they are being shown women and kids, rather than seeing a man in a tough spot and saying "why doesn't he just get a job?"

If the money goes to help everyone though then I guess it makes sense.

I noticed that too. They did a thing about homelessness and it was all about young girls and women. The fact that many more men are homeless for much longer doesn't seem to rate a mention.
It is time we began to ask who are these women who continually rubbish men. The most stupid, ill-educated and nasty woman can rubbish the nicest, kindest and most intelligent man and no one protests.

Men seem to be so cowed that they can't fight back, and it is time they did." Doris Lessing

taylortailwinds

Mar 18, 2007, 07:14 PM Last Edit: Jul 29, 2015, 01:39 PM by taylortailwinds
"[...] for hardly any one is so careless as to allow his worst animals to breed." -- Charles Darwin<br />""... religion [...] teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. [It also] teaches the dangerous nonsense that death is not the end." -- Richard Dawkins

brian44

I think there's some truth to it. Men being nicer to women than to other men. But... there's a way way bigger difference in how women treat people. Women might prefer dealing with other women, but they are much nicer when it comes to dealing with men.

Yes, but men can't really wrap women round their little fingers in the way women can wrap men round theirs. I know looks determine a lot of their power, but I think women are generally better at manipulation.

Constantine

there nothing real about reality shows. they are about greed

brian44

there nothing real about reality shows. they are about greed

This one was supposed to be for charity though.

Go Up