My speech

Started by The Biscuit Queen, Apr 20, 2007, 02:43 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

The Biscuit Queen

Today I had my big speech for my communications class. I did it on the myth that women are greater victims of violence. I started with general violence stats showing men are greater victims of murder and violent crime and equally victims of DV, talked about two hidden (from stats) forms of violence against men which are prison rape and false allegations, and then ways that society desensitiezes to violence against men through humor.

I saw a lot of nodding heads (not nodding off, but in agreement) and when I turned to walk away when I was done the class (mostly male) broke out in very loud applause. I think it made an impact.

The class was especially suprised by the David and Goliath t-shirts Boys are stupid line, which I showed 4 shirts. You could see their reactions visably.

Maybe some of them may end up here some day. I did mention men's rights and men's rights activism, perhaps one or more of them may google it. I can only hope.

Beyond that ...

I AM DONE WITH MY SPEECH!!!!!! :toothy9:
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

MAUS

The two things that make a speach a good speach are:

(1) it must come from the heart and be addressed to the heart of the listener.

(2) it must come from the mouth of a good person.

dr e

Way to go BQ!  Sounds like you did a good job.

E
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

woof

Wow.......Thank You BQ!!
An especially powerfull statement coming from a woman.  :engel2:
Even a whole village can't replace dad, children need both parents.

LSBeene

You already know I'm a fan.  Too bad you didn't VIDEOTAPE the speech.

C'mon, it would have been GREAT to YouTube it.

But, in anycase WAY TO GO TBQ!!!!

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Men's Rights Activist

Apr 21, 2007, 09:37 PM Last Edit: Apr 22, 2007, 02:20 AM by Men's Rights Activist
TBQ:

It sounds like you did an excellent job of picking your topic and covering it well.  It sounds like you nailed it.  The only thing I think you could have added would have been a question at the end. 

"Why is so little (if any) of this in the curriculum in this college or any other college or university, when there are over 750 women's studies programs in colleges and universities across America?"

If you ever get a chance to put your speech on the Internet be sure to post a link.  I'd love to hear/see it.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

I am impressed.  It's an honor to have you among our ranks, B.Q.  I am looking forward to meeting you at the Men's Equality Conference.

I think it is wonderful that people are standing up and speaking out.  On a related note, there's a new movie coming out that expresses the MRA point of view from a black man's perspective...  Check it out:

"Tired Black Man"
http://www.tiredblackman.com/

Watch the trailer.  Also, check out the attention it's getting on National Public Radio:

1.  Page #1:  View it

2.  Page #2:  View it

The Biscuit Queen

Thanks!

MRA, I did not add that because I had very specific instructions as to the design of the speech. I had to stay focused and on topic, which was why this was SO hard to put together. There was so much I wanted to say, if I had an hour I couldn't have said it all.

There was a lot I could have added, but in 8-10 minutes it was tought to narrow it down.

johndias, that is awsome you are going to the congress!  Can't wait to meet you too! I am getting so excited about this!

(my nametag will say TBQ on it so you guys will know who I am. Last time Beene scared the crap out of me because he knew who I was and I had no clue who he was! I though 'who is this weird guy hugging me?!'  :greener:)

he Biscuit Queen

TheManOnTheStreet

Good job Jen!  Do I get a hug too?  I'll be the guy at the conference that looks like this:

:-)

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

The Biscuit Queen

Only if you put down the glowy thing!

:toothy9:

This is going to be so AWESOME!!
he Biscuit Queen

TheManOnTheStreet

The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Go Up