Another Feminist bites the dust. Same old Same old.

Started by dr e, May 02, 2007, 05:49 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Mr. Bad

May 16, 2007, 11:31 AM Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:12 PM by Mr. Bad
Ok folks, stop right here.  Since when does a movement's own membership get to define themselves to the extent that it trumps outside observers definitions?  Answer:  Apparently only in the case of feminism.

Fuck that.

Consider this:  White Supremacists have defined their movement as a "civil rights movement."  Neo-Nazis have defined their political stance as one of "White equality."  The KKK have defined themselves as "a movement devoted to political equality between the races."

Bullshit.  All of the above are exactly the same thing as feminists defining themselves.

I say we strip the right to define their movement away from feminists the way we have for the White Supremacists, NeoNazis, KKK, et al.   It is completely appropriate, and IMO long overdue, that feminism be defined by outsiders who are able to observe the actions of the movement for themselves and define it based on their/our own real-life experiences, not based on the mountain of bullshit propangada spewed over the past 4 decades.

I'm done with letting feminists define the movement to reflect the image they want to project to the public.  Let's define feminism ourselves, using fact-based criteria not feminist horseshit weasel-words.

</rant>

(edited once to undo repetition)
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

brian44

That biological differences exist between the sexes is beyond dispute.

To argue that such differences has no bearing on violence is also very unrealistic.

For example if men and women commit domestic violence at a similar rate, women will get hurt more. Not because of more evil will from men, after all they initiate equally, but simply because men are bigger and thus hit harder.

I find it ironic that you blame us for trying to deny logical consequences.

If men and women commit DV at a similar rate, women will appear to be hurt more because of the vast under reporting of men. Yes, we have bigger muscles, but women are extremely efficient in their violence. Long nails can do a lot of damage to a face and a sharp object found in the kitchen can be very destructive. They are also more likely to target a weak spot. What women lack in sheer power they make up for in pure viciousness.

I have read a lot of feminist literature and very, very often will it say some trait is biological when it favours women and that it is a social construction when it somehow disfavors women. Then they will hide behind "yes, but there are different kinds of feminisms". Well, how appropriate. This way feminism will never be made to account for it body if incoherent ideas.

Yes, I've always observed this myself.
It is time we began to ask who are these women who continually rubbish men. The most stupid, ill-educated and nasty woman can rubbish the nicest, kindest and most intelligent man and no one protests.

Men seem to be so cowed that they can't fight back, and it is time they did." Doris Lessing

Mr. Bad

I have read a lot of feminist literature and very, very often will it say some trait is biological when it favours women and that it is a social construction when it somehow disfavors women. Then they will hide behind "yes, but there are different kinds of feminisms". Well, how appropriate. This way feminism will never be made to account for it body if incoherent ideas.

Actually it's worse than this:  My experience tells me that we can't even trust academic literature any more if it comes from the humanities, soft sciences, and in some cases, the hard sciences.  Academia has become so politically correct that pissing-off the feminists is a one-way ticket out, even if you're tenured.  Sure, they can't fire you directly, but if you try to publish findings that show women in a negative light it will never see the light of day.  And since the addage "publish or perish" is key in the hard sciences, well, you do the math.   (In my experience for the most part humanities, especially areas like women's "studies," and soft-sciences are really lame and thus don't require real scholarship any more, and in the case of women's "studies," never did) 
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

bachelor tom

@Kate: Is it not true that if women delay or forgo pregnancy the overall birthrate goes down?
If we do not breed enough to replace ourselves what happens?
Do we make up the shortfall with immigration? Or simply allow the general population to dwindle?
Can Western culture survive if the Westerners disappear? Do feminists even want Western culture to survive?

And if Westernized women discard their ancient duty to bear children how do they experience that on a personal level? Is a woman without children really a healthy happy woman? Doesn't nature remind her every month for 40 years that she is the bearer of new human life?

Aren't feminists saying that the choices of individual women are more important than the needs of the whole society? Doesn't every choice we make have a cost?
political correctness = patriarchal chivalry + matriarchal victimology

brian44

@Kate: Is it not true that if women delay or forgo pregnancy the overall birthrate goes down?
Do we make up the shortfall with immigration? Or simply allow the general population to dwindle?
Can Western culture survive if the Westerners disappear? Do feminists even want Western culture to survive?

Here's quite an irony: at the present rate of birth and immigration, a possible majority Islamic UK state could be achieved within just a few generations. An Islamic state must be the exact opposite of what feminists want.

BTW, whatever happens, white anglo saxons/celts will be small minority.
It is time we began to ask who are these women who continually rubbish men. The most stupid, ill-educated and nasty woman can rubbish the nicest, kindest and most intelligent man and no one protests.

Men seem to be so cowed that they can't fight back, and it is time they did." Doris Lessing

bachelor tom

Here's quite an irony: at the present rate of birth and immigration, a possible majority Islamic UK state could be achieved within just a few generations. An Islamic state must be the exact opposite of what feminists want.

Yes it is ironic, one theory is that feminists actually want this subconsciously, ie. they are looking for stronger men than they see around them in the West

brian44

Yes it is ironic, one theory is that feminists actually want this subconsciously, ie. they are looking for stronger men than they see around them in the West

Maybe feminism is just one huge long nag to make men eventually snap and stand up to them then...

Sir Jessy of Anti

Quote from: Kate
Neonsamurai - your beef, as you put it, with feminism is related to the fact that it is woman-centric. As I've already argued, I don't see this as a problem per se. It's not a secret, i.e. NOW is explicitly titled 'for women.' The reason is that feminism, specifically feminist activism and organisations, identify the inequality already existent within society as far as it relates to WOMEN. So they are reacting to already existent inequalities etc. This does not necessarily mean that feminists don't care about men, or that men cannot be pro-feminist, but you're correct in asserting that issues primarily associated with men are not such organisations' priorities. I ask you, why should they be? This isn't a heartless question! I don't think these organisations are stopping men from gaining rights that they don't have, and I don't think feminism is about hating men. Your argument rests on the assumption that equality for women already exists in every area. Maybe you think it does. But that is a different discussion.

Thanks for replying Kate. Your right that the Fawcett Society and NOW are organisations for women and in being so they only look at half the problem. You can't talk about 'equality' and only look at half of the problem, so it's clear that they aren't interested in equality as such, just more rights for women.

It's like going to a marriage guidance counselor with your wife and having them only listen to your wifes problems. Just solving the issues that she has with the marriage doesn't mean that it'll make everything better, it will just breed resentment, which if you like, is where we are now. Feminism will only go so far and then it will fail to solve women's problems, which is the postion it is in now, since most of women's problems involve men. When we all thought that it was about 'equality' we were a lot more receptive, but they're still using that word to campaign for some very women-centric rights.

My example about the pensions is a classic case for this. The fawcett Society are campaigning for women to recieve an equal pension to men, even though on average they will contribute much less to it. In this case they want an equal outcome, not equal treatment, which is a pretty huge difference. Kate, how would you address such an issue? Should the average woman who works 14 years less recieve the same pension as a man who's worked 14 years longer and retired later? Or should we scrap the UK pension system and force everyone to get a private pension (which would also discriminate).

Asserting issues such as these will also impact on men, one way or another. Be it through our taxes or where the country's money is spent.

As you've asked, why should NOW or FS care about men's issues considering they are based around furthering women's rights? Well when you look at it like that, they clearly shouldn't. But how are these organisations funded? If they are private companies then by all means they can behave how they like. But if they recieve government donations to operate (provided by taxes raised mostly off the backs of men), then surely they are biting a sizeable chunk of the hand that feeds them. Can an organisation funded by the government or who are registered as a charity be allowed to promote descrimination under the pretence of equality?

Do you know of any Men's Rights Organisations funded by the government? Should F4J recieve grants from the Home Office, or be registered as a charity?

But my argument against these feminist organisations doesn't rest on the presumption of equlity, but on these feminist organisations definition of equality which I fear is very subjective. Who decides when we have reached true equality, and when we have what will NOW and the Fawcett Society do?

I reckon they'll just pretend that there's still descrimination.

Thanks for reading.

Love the post, thought I'd bump it up.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

dr e

Hey Jessy!  Good to see you.

E
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Sir Jessy of Anti

Thanks Doc.   I've been a bit busy in the past while so I haven't checked in.   I'm a bit tired of fighting the relentless evil of feminism to be honest, at this point the bias is so obvious I tire of educating the incorrigible.   

The memes of the MRM or human rights movement lay simmering beneath a layer of cultural disbelief, but beyond that there is recognition and the faint beginnings of understanding  that discussions of gender and sex are not the sole province of feminists. 

News coverage is expanding.  The seeds of critical thinking against the cultural marxism feminism has imposed are being planted in the fertile gardens of the everyday mind.  I think there is some traction here, though it's verrry slow....
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

brian44

The memes of the MRM or human rights movement lay simmering beneath a layer of cultural disbelief, but beyond that there is recognition and the faint beginnings of understanding  that discussions of gender and sex are not the sole province of feminists. 

I've been sowing my own little memes since before I knew what they were, before there was a MRM. I post on the internet these days (in the early 90s I actually wrote to people on snailmail) and talk to as many individual men as I can. Sometimes I get instant agreement, sometimes I get that look of faint recognition as something dawns on them. This is just my quiet way of doing something, as I'm not the sort of person to go on demos or stunts. I hope the people I talk to will talk to someone else and get a chain reaction going. Maybe there will come a point where feminism makes so many men so unhappy with their lives that the MRM will become a mass movement?

The Biscuit Queen

Thanks for coming back!

TBQ, your argument 'the numbers speak for themselves' as regards to boys is fair enough, yet I don't see that same argument 'the numbers speak for themselves' being made by MRAs with regards to rape statistics, DV stats etc. i.e. statistics that show men at fault, or women as primary victims of harm, are strongly contested by MRAs in many areas. Personally, I think that is well and dandy - statistics should be questioned, no problem with that. They should be placed in context and discussed. So:
80% Ritalin users - where did you get this stat? This is, indeed, worrying.
80% teen suicides - I was aware that boys commit suicide more often in the US, but that girls attempt suicide 3x as often as boys. So I don't really agree with making suicide a male-only issue, nevertheless I would support male-oriented services (as well as female-oriented ones) and research into gendered differences in suicide methods and motivations. Do you know of any research that points to reasons given for suicidal tendencies in teens? As far as I am aware, peer bullying is often cited as one of the main reasons. But I would need to research further to comment more on this.

Yes, men commit more violence. Yet VAWA is not violence BY men act, it is violence against women act. It is victim centric. Men are victims of overall violent crime more often than women, by a rate of at least 2:1; 3:1 for murders. We do not know how many men are victims of DV. Studies show a minimum of 17% victims are men (DOJ crime reports), maximum of slightly over 50%. 
Rape, we again do not know. According to Warren Farrell, the number of men raped in prison may exceed the number of women raped out of prison. Again, just because it is men raping, does not mean the men who are raped are not victims.  I think it is irresponsible to assume women are greater victims and deny men services when we know there are victims. There have not been enough studies looking into prison rape to be able to say what the rates are. That in and of itself is shamefull.

Ritilin-I will have to find it.

Suicides-Yes, girls attempt suicide more often. I see this as a cry for help. I see this as girls know they can get help, and this is a way to do so. That is good that they seek help, and I support programs which look to help kids get help without having to go to such extreme measures. They should not have to injure themselves to feel they can get help. I also grew up ( anecdotal evidence here) with many girls who used a suicide attempt for attention and as a badge of honor. I also know on guy who did the same to get my attention, so it is not only girls. But in my expirience, if a person wants to kill themselves, they either do it, or they do it so severly it has lifelong consequences. Boys get the job done at a much greater rate. I think this shows the lack of support given to boys. And support in female form (talking therapy) is not support to most boys.

Here is my beef. We look at girls unsucessful attempts as more important to fight than boys actual deaths. This seems to me pretty biased. IMO there should be programs to help boys specifically equal in number as the ones which help girls specifically. I think we probably agree here, but you are not in the majority as far as feminists are concerned, as this would be taking money from girls.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

bachelor tom

Here's a basic question for gender feminists: if women are equal or superior to men, how or why did they allow men to exploit them for thousands of years? isn't that a logical and social impossibility? shouldn't there have been gender parity already in pre-history?

If politically correct liberalism is the current orthodoxy, isn't Kate doing what young women usually do ie. support the status quo?

Mr. X

Yes, men commit more violence. Yet VAWA is not violence BY men act, it is violence against women act. It is victim centric. Men are victims of overall violent crime more often than women, by a rate of at least 2:1; 3:1 for murders. We do not know how many men are victims of DV. Studies show a minimum of 17% victims are men (DOJ crime reports), maximum of slightly over 50%. 

One example I use is imagine you are walking your dog and a stray dog attacks your dog biting it and causing it to bleed severly. Do you say to yourself "Well 100% of all dog bites are committed by dogs and this is a crime of dog on dog so therefore I will not take my dog to the vet and I will let it bleed to death because the perpetrator of the crime is a dog"?

100% of all murder is committed by humans. Since a human killed a human, no murderer should be tried and brought to justice because this is a crime of human on human?

100% of all abortions are committed by women. If a woman aborts a female fetus we should not care because that is one woman doing something to another woman?

60% of child abuse is caused by women but we should not do anything when a woman beats a gilr because that's a crime of girl on girl?

Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Candide

Well Katie and company, I think it best to let the feminists speak for themselves.  I'm going to note in passing that sharing my experience on feminist boards in a reasonable tone has resulted in my posts as well as others being deleted.  This is FAR more the rule than the exception.  It WAS amusing to repost what they had deleted on one board on another.  As promised earlier, here goes:

Selected Feminist Quotes

"As long as some men use physical force to subjugate females, all men need not. The knowledge that some men do suffices to threaten all women. He can beat or kill the woman he claims to love; he can rape women...he can sexually molest his daughters... THE VAST MAJORITY OF MEN IN THE WORLD DO ONE OR MORE OF THE ABOVE."
Marilyn French (her emphasis)

'My feelings about men are the result of my experience. I have little sympathy for them. Like a Jew just released from Dachau, I watch the handsome young Nazi soldier fall writhing to the ground with a bullet in his stomach and I look briefly and walk on. I don't even need to shrug. I simply don't care. What he was, as a person, I mean, what his shames and yearnings were, simply don't matter."
Marilyn French; The Woman's Room.

"All patriarchists exalt the home and family as sacred, demanding it remain inviolate from prying eyes. Men want privacy for their violations of women... All women learn in childhood that women as a sex are men's prey."
Marilyn French

"All men are rapists and that's all they are."
Marilyn French, Author; (later, advisor to Al Gore's Presidential Campaign.)

"We live, I am trying to say, in an epidemic of male violence against women."
Katha Pollitt.

"All sex, even consensual sex between a married couple, is an act of violence perpetrated against a woman."
Catherine MacKinnon

"I believe that women have a capacity for understanding and compassion which man structurally does not have, does not have it because he cannot have it. He's just incapable of it."
Former Congresswoman Barbara Jordan.

"The traditional flowers of courtship are the traditional flowers of the grave, delivered to the victim before the kill. The cadaver is dressed up and made up and laid down and ritually violated and consecrated to an eternity of being used."
Andrea Dworkin

"The media treat male assaults on women like rape, beating, and murder of wives and female lovers, or male incest with children, as individual aberrations...obscuring the fact that all male violence toward women is part of a concerted campaign."
Marilyn French

"Probably the only place where a man can feel really secure is in a maximum security prison, except for the imminent threat of release."
Germaine Greer.

"Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience."
Catherine Comin, Vassar College. Assistant Dean of Students.

"Men renounce whatever they have in common with women so as to experience no commonality with women; and what is left...is one piece of flesh a few inches long, the penis. The penis is the man; the man is human; the penis signifies humanity."
Andrea Dworkin

"You grow up with your father holding you down and covering your mouth so another man can make a horrible searing pain between your legs."
Catherine MacKinnon (Prominent legal feminist scholar; University of Michigan, & Yale.)

"Man-hating is everywhere, but everywhere it is twisted and transformed, disguised, tranquilized, and qualified. It coexists, never peacefully, with the love, desire, respect, and need women also feel for men. Always man-hating is shadowed by its milder, more diplomatic and doubtful twin, ambivalence."
Judith Levine

"Men's sexuality is mean and violent, and men so powerful that they can 'reach WITHIN women to fuck/construct us from the inside out.' Satan-like, men possess women, making their wicked fantasies and desires women's own. A woman who has sex with a man, therefore, does so against her will, 'even if she does not feel forced.'
Judith Levine, (explicating comment profiling prevailing misandry.)

'To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he's a machine, a walking dildo."
Scum Manifesto. (Valerie Solanas)

((Delaney Nickerson, of the American Coalition for ABUSE AWARENESS, refers to the False Memory Syndrome Foundation as "The Fucking Molesters Society". (Miami Herald, April 3, 1995) The ACAA is a lobbying group, which includes Ellen Bass (co-author of THE COURAGE TO HEAL), and Rene Frederickson, leading feminist psychotherapist and strong proponent of repressed memory theory.))

((At the STONE ANGELS satanic ritual abuse conference in Thunder Bay in February, 1995, the following was contained in the handouts at a conference supported financially by the Ontario Government: FMS stands for: FULL OF MOSTLY SHIT; FOR MORE SADISM; FELONS, MURDERERS, SCUMBALLS; FREQUENT MOLESTERS SOCIETY.))

"The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness...can be trained to do most things."
Jilly Cooper, SCUM (Society For Cutting Up Men.)

"Women have their faults / men have only two: / everything they say / everything they do."
Popular Feminist Graffiti

"I feel what they feel: man-hating, that volatile admixture of pity, contempt, disgust, envy, alienation, fear, and rage at men. It is hatred not only for the anonymous man who makes sucking noises on the street, not only for the rapist or the judge who acquits him, but for what the Greeks called philo-aphilos, 'hate in love,' for the men women share their lives with--husbands, lovers, friends, fathers, brothers, sons, coworkers."
Judith Levine, My Enemy, My love

"There are no boundaries between affectionate sex and slavery in (the male) world. Distinctions between pleasure and danger are academic; the dirty-laundrylist of 'sex acts'...includes rape, foot binding, fellatio, intercourse, auto eroticism, incest, anal intercourse, use and production of pornography, cunnilingus, sexual harassment, and murder."
J. Levine; summarizing comment on the WAS document, (A southern Women's Writing Collective: Women Against Sex.)

"All men are good for is fucking, and running over with a truck".
Statement made by A University of Maine Feminist Administrator, quoted by Richard Dinsmore, who brought a successful civil suit against the University in the amount of $600,000. Richard had protested the quote; was dismissed thereafter on the grounds of harassment; and responded by bringing suit against the University. 1995 settlement.

"I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig."
Andrea Dworkin; from her book Ice and Fire .

"Men are rapists, batterers, plunderers, killers; these same men are religious prophets, poets, heroes, figures of romance, adventure, accomplishment, figures ennobled by tragedy and defeat. Men have claimed the earth, called it "Her". Men ruin Her. Men have airplanes, guns, bombs, poisonous gases, weapons so perverse and deadly that they defy any authentically human imagination.
Andrea Dworkin, Pornography: Men Possessing Women

"On the Left, on the Right, in the Middle; Authors, statesmen, thieves; so-called humanists and self-declared fascists; the adventurous and the contemplative, in every realm of male expression and action, violence is experienced and articulated as love and freedom."
Andrea Dworkin, Pornography: Men Possessing Women.

"I was, in reality, bred by my parents as my father's concubine... What we take for granted as the stability of family life may well depend on the sexual slavery of our children. What's more, this is a cynical arrangement our institutions have colluded to conceal.".
Journalist Sylvia Fraser

"We are taught, encouraged, moulded by and lulled into accepting a range of false notions about the family. As a source of some of our most profound experiences, it continues to be such an integral part of our emotional lives that it appears beyond criticism. Yet hiding from the truth of family life leaves women and children vulnerable."
Canadian Panel on Violence Against Women.

Catharine MacKinnon ( ) maintains that "the private is a sphere of battery, marital rape and women's exploited labor." In this way, privacy and family are reduced to nothing more than aspects of the master plan, which is male domination. Democratic freedoms and the need to keep the state's nose out of our personal affairs are rendered meaningless. The real reason our society cherishes privacy is because men have invented it as an excuse to conceal their criminality. If people still insist that the traditional family is about love and mutual aid--ideals which, admittedly, are sometimes betrayed--they're "hiding from the truth." The family isn't a place where battery and marital rape sometimes happen but where little else apparently does. Sick men don't simply molest their daughters, they operate in league with their wives to "breed" them for that purpose.
Donna Laframboise; The Princess at the Window; (in a critical explication of the Catharine MacKinnon, Gloria Steinhem et al tenets of misandric belief.)

"I feel that 'man-hating' is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them."
Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor.

"I claim that rape exists any time sexual intercourse occurs when it has not been initiated by the woman, out of her own genuine affection and desire."
Robin Morgan

"And let's put one lie to rest for all time: the lie that men are oppressed, too, by sexism--the lie that there can be such a thing as 'men's liberation groups.' Oppression is something that one group of people commits against another group, specifically because of a 'threatening' characteristic shared by the latter group--skin, color, sex or age, etc. The oppressors are indeed FUCKED UP by being masters, but those masters are not OPPRESSED. Any master has the alternative of divesting himself of sexism or racism--the oppressed have no alternative--for they have no power but to fight. In the long run, Women's Liberation will of course free men--but in the short run it's going to cost men a lot of privilege, which no one gives up willingly or easily. Sexism is NOT the fault of women--kill your fathers, not your mothers".
Robin Morgan.

"Heterosexual intercourse is the pure, formalized expression of contempt for women's bodies."
Andrea Dworkin

"In a patriarchal society, all heterosexual intercourse is rape because women, as a group, are not strong enough to give meaningful consent."
Catharine MacKinnon, quoted in Professing Feminism: Cautionary Tales from the Strange World of Women's Studies.

"And if the professional rapist is to be separated from the average dominant heterosexual (male), it may be mainly a quantitative difference."
Susan Griffin, Rape: The All-American Crime.

"The institution of sexual intercourse is anti-feminist".
Ti-Grace Atkinson, Amazon Odyssey (p. 86).

"(Rape) is nothing more or less than a conscious process of intimidation by which all men keep all women in a state of fear".
Susan Brownmiller, Against Our Will p.6.

"When a woman reaches orgasm with a man she is only collaborating with the patriarchal system, eroticizing her own oppression..."
Sheila Jeffrys.

From 'A feminist Dictionary; ed. Kramarae and Triechler, Pandora Press, 1985:

MALE:...represents a variant of or deviation from the category of female. The first males were mutants...the male sex represents a degeneration and deformity of the female.

MAN:...an obsolete life form... an ordinary creature who needs to be watched...a contradictory baby-man...

Letter to editor: "Women's Turn to Dominate". "......Clearly you are not yet a free-thinking feminist but rather one of those women who bounce off the male-dominated, male-controlled social structures. Who cares how men feel or what they do or whether they suffer? They have had over 2000 years to dominate and made a complete hash of it. Now it is our turn. My only comment to men is: if you don't like it, bad luck--and if you get in my way I'll run you down."
Signed: Liberated Women, Boronia Herald-Sun, Melbourne, Australia. 9 Feb., 1996.

"If the classroom situation is very heteropatriarchal--a large beginning class of 50 to 60 students, say, with few feminist students--I am likely to define my task as largely one of recruitment...of persuading students that women are oppressed," said Professor Joyce Trebilcot of Washington University, as quoted in Who Stole Feminism: How Women Have Betrayed Women.

"Life in this society being, at best, an utter bore and no aspect of society being at all relevant to women, there remains to civic-minded, responsible, thrill-seeking females only to overthrow the government, eliminate the money system, institute complete automation, and destroy the male sex."
Valerie Solana, SCUM Manifesto (Society for Cutting Up Men.)

"Men, as a group, tend to be abusive, either verbally, sexually or emotionally. There are always the exceptions, but they are few and far between (I am married to one of them). There are different levels of violence and abuse and individual men buy into this system by varying degrees. But the male power structure always remains intact."
Message on FEMISA, responding to a request for arguments that men are unnecessary for a child to grow into mature adulthood.

Another posting on FEMISA: "Considering the nature and pervasiveness of men's violence, I would say that without question, children are better off being raised without the presence of men. Assaults on women and children are mostly perpetrated by men whom they are supposed to love and trust: fathers, brothers, uncles, grandfathers, step-fathers."
Both quotes taken from Daphne Patai's excellent critical work,
HETEROPHOBIA

"At Brandies I discovered Feminism. And I instantly became a convert... writing brilliant papers in my Myths of Patriarchy class, in which I likened my fate as a woman to other victims throughout the ages."
Heather Hart 7
"Ninety-five percent of women's experiences are about being a victim. Or about being an underdog, or having to survive... women didn't go to Vietnam and blow things up. They are not Rambo."
Jodie Foster in The New York Times Magazine.

"The prejudicial, man-hating cant of militant 'gender' (victimal) Feminists has foolishly served only to reinforce a counter-sexist prejudice that holds ALL women to be likewise self-serving, manipulative, irrational, unfair...now organized into a kind of monolithic Collective Shrew, throwing a massive slo-mo cultural tantrum among us. It is the classic tactic of infantile Passive Control, a strategy vehemently protested against by Equity Feminists, who are none of that (as is no mature adult)...

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
Gladden Schrock, from The Tyranny of the Underdog.

Go Up