This is one of Glen's best yet.....and makes me realize how lucky I am.

Started by Virtue, May 03, 2007, 08:46 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Virtue

http://mensnewsdaily.com/2007/05/02/psychology-todaysome-accidental-pregnancies-arent-so-accidental%e2%80%94especially-if-the-guy-could-be-a-good-provider/

Background: I've discussed the problem of women tricking or trapping men into pregnancies on various occasions-see 'Sperm Theft' Ruling a Step Forward for Men's Reproductive Rights (Houston Chronicle, 3/6/05), for example.

I've also discussed the problem of men's lack of reproductive rights (see Respect a Man's Choice, Too, AlterNet, 8/1/06) and the consequences of the Male Birth Control Pill (see Do Women Really Want a Male Birth Control Pill?, Newsday, 4/11/05).

The Psychology Today article below provides some new research on the "hoodwinked into fatherhood" problem. I think tricking men into fatherhood is very destructive, in large part because women are choosing to bring children into a chaotic and emotional situation, rather than creating a good, stable, two-parent family for them.

Some accidental pregnancies aren't so accidental--especially if the guy could be a good provider
By Michelle Bryner
Psychology Today

To hang onto the right guy, some women may go as far as getting pregnant.Of the 6 million pregnancies reported annually in the United States, about half are considered unintended or unplanned. At the same time, nine in ten women report using birth control--the most popular of which is more than 90 percent effective.

Melinda Spohn, a social worker and researcher at Spokane Falls Community College in Washington, decided to study why so many of her clients told her that their pregnancies were unplanned, despite the variety of easily available birth control.

Some of the women admitted that they had not used birth control with guys who had appealing characteristics. To determine whether such behavior is widespread, Spohn surveyed nearly 400 women at two community colleges. More than a third of women said they had risked pregnancy in the past with men who had attractive qualities--such as commitment to the relationship, good financial prospects or the desire for a family--but hadn't discussed the possibility of pregnancy with their partner. It was unclear how many women actually became pregnant. (more...)

Related links and articles

http://www.glennsacks.com/sperm_theft_ruling.htm

http://www.glennsacks.com/do_women_really.htm

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20050831-000007.html

Some Highlights

Courts have ruled that boys who were statutorily raped by older women must pay child support. Courts have ruled that when a woman has taken the semen from a condom a man used for sex with a different woman and has inserted it in herself, the man must still pay child support. Courts have ruled that when a woman has concealed her pregnancy (denying the man the right to be a father) and then sued for child support a decade later, the man must still pay child support. Courts have ruled that when a woman has deceived her husband into believing that her baby is his child, he must still pay child support.

Spohn surveyed nearly 400 women at two community colleges. More than a third of women said they had risked pregnancy in the past with men who had attractive qualities--such as commitment to the relationship, good financial prospects

I am shaking with righteous anger.
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

Men's Rights Activist

Spohn surveyed nearly 400 women at two community colleges. More than a third of women said they had risked pregnancy in the past with men who had attractive qualities--such as commitment to the relationship, good financial prospects.

Why not?  What does a woman really have to lose?

Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Go Up