One More Time... Please!

Started by scarbo, May 11, 2007, 02:23 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

scarbo

OK guys, need your help. My friend has a boy in middle school, and she's gotten to know one of his teachers. Turns out that this teacher's wife has had an affair and is "blocking all contact with the baby". She's asking me for advice which she can pass on to him, and she knows I follow men's rights stuff.

My first thought was that killer divorce primer by Gonz. Does anybody know where I can find that?

Gonz?

Anyone?

Thanks!

antimisandry

I think before any one can offer much advice, some basic information is required such as geographical locality. Not much point someone in England takling about British laws...
ny man living in this feminized world has got to be tough to tolerate it.

>> http://antimisandry.com <<

Quentin0352

Also look in to and contact Fathers-4-Justice. They are in the UK, Australia I believe, the US and Canada. The local people in those areas might be the best source of help since they will know the local laws and who is a good lawyer and judge better than most of us will.

CaptDMO

She's asking me for advice which she can pass on to him, and she knows I follow men's rights stuff.

Perhaps explain to her- now that this "mens rights stuff", as well as this demonstrated PAS
has touched her personal sphere, she might consider reexamining the motives of those that
would refute it.

otherwise, advise to her -follow the beureaucratic paper trail and expect to spend VAST amounts of additional non-deductable time and cash if he ever wants to see his child again.

Put in that prospective, she MIGHT just get it!
Don't count on it!
If she has to ask..........   

TheManOnTheStreet

God forbid she do anything other than "talk to a mens rights type" to get information.  In other words, get a man to help a man, no need to actually DO anything to help him.

Very telling... or maybe I am just a cynical ole bastard....

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Nillerz

God forbid she do anything other than "talk to a mens rights type" to get information.  In other words, get a man to help a man, no need to actually DO anything to help him.

Oh jeez, you don't know the situation, so stop judging her. It's not her problem anyway, so stop saying she's not doing enough. She could be doing more, but asking him for help would be a logical move. Also, there is no way to tell if she didn't look for more help.
Very telling... or maybe I am just a cynical ole bastard....

Maybe...
Evolution doesn't stop at the neck.

scarbo

Guys, please, let's avoid the temptation to bash my friend. She's a very sweet lady. She is smart to admit she doesn't know how to advise a man in this case. She knows from our previous discussions that it's different for men, that it's harder; she knows that I follow these topics and thought I would be a good resource for her son's teacher.

I've already directed her to Glenn Sacks' website, and yesterday she told me she has a copy of Jeff Leving's book "Father's Rights". I don't know how she got it, something to do with her being a freelance writer for a syndicate and blah blah blah. Once I found out she had that book, I said "What do you need me for? Loan it to him!" Not that I've ever read it myself, but I'm sure it must be a great resource.

Still looking for Gonz's primer... I remember it well, but don't know where it is. That was one of the best write-ups I'd ever seen.

Anyway, she and I talked last night and this guy's predicament is TEXTBOOK. Wife has a protective order against him. Wife has the child, the guy the wife is having an affair with is an abuser. I told her that the teacher should stop playing Mr. Nice Guy immediately, get a paternity test (I was told he loves this child more than anything, he's a very sweet Christian man, etc. My reply was, well, let's see what he thinks if he finds out he isn't the father). From the sound of his wife's situation, you would think he's got a great case for custody, but I warned her to tell him to take nothing for granted, that there is NOTHING in the courts that favors men, and that even though she's obviously in a situation which endangers the child, there is no guarantee that the court will grant the father custody. He needs to get a bulldog of a lawyer. He needs to stay in the house, but be aware that the protective order could be used to get him out of there if it hasn't already.

Frankly, it sounded like this guy is toast already. She only found out about this a few days ago, sounds like it's been going on for several months.

TheManOnTheStreet

Oh jeez, you don't know the situation, so stop judging her.

Uhm... No!

It's not her problem anyway, so stop saying she's not doing enough.

Uhm... NO!  Typical female expectation.  It isn't her problem... it doesn't affect her.... blah blah....

She could be doing more, but asking him for help would be a logical move.

No, the logical move would be to do it HERSELF.  Show that, AS A WOMAN, she cares enough to do something about an injustice.  Just as Scarbo indicates in his current post.... So bite me.

Also, there is no way to tell if she didn't look for more help.

But there is historical and societal proof that she more than likely did not....

Scarbo,

Point taken my friend.

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Go Up