Men Are Actually NICE! Lesbos 2 yrs as a Man

Started by K9, May 14, 2007, 06:07 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

CG9603

I read this book about 6 months ago, and it made me think that finally there is one woman in the media "elite" who is seeing some sort of light.  While I have not had her share of experiences in the work world, it just feels good to see someone getting some enlightenment.  I enjoyed the bokk, and did not find it woman-hating at all like the Feministing.com statements have said.  One statement that stood out to me was on pages 105 - 106:
"A lot of the women I met didn't know, didn't understand or didn't appear to care what a lot of the men in their lives wanted.   . . . .Perhaps women have been guilty of hubris in this regard.  We think of ourselves as emotional masters of the universe.  In our world, feelings reign.  We have them.  We understand them.  We cater to them, Men, we think don't on all counts.  but as I learned among my friends in the bowling league and elsewhere, this is absolutely true and absurd.  Of course men have a whole range of emotions, just as women do - it's just that many of them are often silent or underground, invisible to most women's eyes and ears.   . . . Just as men have failed us, we have failed them.  It has been one of our great collective female shortcomings to presume that whatever we do not perceive simply isn't there, or that whatever is not communicated in our language is not intelligible speech."   
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- General Dwight D.  Eisenhower. 

"Be bold and courageous.  When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did."
-- Unknown.

Mr. X

Her statement is BS. Its not that women don't notice men's feelings. Its that women choose NOT TO notice men's feelings because that would require them to give as much as they recieve. They over expose their feelings to gain attention without having to give it out. Men have not failed women. We fought for their freedom, hundreds of thousands of men died for women's freedom. But women spit on this, laugh at it. Treat it like its a coupon handed out on a street corner and toss it aside.

Nah men haven't failed women... women failed men. When we need them, when our boys need protection instead of pumped up on ritalin, when they need fathers instead of greedy mothers, women have let men down. Face it guys, if you were on fire very few of them would ever open a cel phone to call an ambulance for you. 
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

CG9603

I thought that I would point this out, since I don't think anyone else has:

What would happen if (a MRA favorite point), the genders were reversed ? ? ? ?

First, presume that a man could pull off disguising himself as a woman for a long period of time, and "infiltrated" women's community in order to learn more first hand. How would these, full of nothing but love, generosity, understanding and compassion, women react when they find out that someone they thought was a fellow woman all along, was really a man?!!! Would these, full of sugar spice and all things nice, so angelic and innocent that the universe weeps whenever one gets hurt , women warmly welcome someone who hid their identity from them?  :dontknow:

Point taken, Renegade.  IOW, he would be hounded and ostracized. 
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- General Dwight D.  Eisenhower. 

"Be bold and courageous.  When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did."
-- Unknown.

Go Up