Anyone know where I can get a magnetic prostate cancer ribbon for my car?

Started by PaulGuelph, May 18, 2007, 05:19 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

PaulGuelph

I see lots of pink breast cancer ribbons on cars. Blue is the colour for men and we need to claim it.

So I was thinking of a blue magnetic prostate cancer ribbon approx 6" high to put on my car. Maybe I could add something else to it too, such as "male victims of domestic violence" or "kids need their dads".

Please let me know. Thanks.
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

Men's Rights Activist

Okay, here's how I would do it.   Find a ribbon, color it and scan it.  Insert it into a publishing program, then print it on a magnetic sheet you can get from a stationary store like Staples.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Nillerz

You get the magnetic sheets,  and I'll design the ribbon. I have the technology
Evolution doesn't stop at the neck.

CaptDMO

In My Humble Opinion
*sigh*
So many "causes" have beaten the ribbon theme to death, especially
the concept of "temporary" magnetic ones, most have simply become
ignored as so much grafitti.Personally, I usually note folks that sport simple yellow ones. That's just me though.
Admittedly, I'm sure there are several novelty companies ready to print up whatever you want on a ribbon shaped die-cut magnetic sheet for cheap. I also suspect they're chomping at the bit to use the "off-cuts" from such items.

I certainly encourage the sentiment PaulGuelph, I just wonder if there's
some other medium for the campaign?

And no, I'm at a loss for brilliant suggestions.

PaulGuelph

Personally, I usually note folks that sport simple yellow ones. That's just me though.

The simple yellow ones "support our troops" are patriotic rather than male-positive and they don't raise any eyebrows.

I should have gone to Staples today to check put these magnetic sheets and tomorrow ... If I print onto the sheets, won't they be ruined by rain? I protect it with a clear stick-on sheet?

I could get them made at a sign place, but won't they want to make 500 or so?

Thanks for the offer Nillerz! We could make a few, if people are interested. Are you thinking that we would make a bunch of them and make them available to MRAs?

Let is puzzle over this a little. I will check out the magnetic sheets at Staples. My original plan was for a few magnetic stickers for my own car.
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

The Biscuit Queen

I have an equal shared parenting magnet ribbon in purple on the back of my car.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

devia

devia

I have a rainbow ribbon on my car.

YEah......no

I'd like to see a resurgest of the bumper sticker... that's kinda a lost art of sorts.

PaulGuelph

May 21, 2007, 08:01 AM Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 08:08 AM by PaulGuelph
Thanks Devia.  :sunny:

Interesting that it says "PSA" when many doctors (such as mine) refuse to perform the test, because it may give a false positive.

Actually it seems strange to have a prostate cancer sign, when I myself have not been checked and my dad has prostate cancer.

The health care system in Canada is broken. I can't get my prostate checked without a doctor and I have no doctor and it is difficult to find a doctor who will accept new patients. My previous doctor refused to do PSA tests and then dumped me as a patient without explanation.

So I should be putting more time into trying to find a doctor. Probably any doctor still looking for patients must be incompetent.

stands2p

I don't know if these folks do magnetics but they will make custom bumper stickers in any quantity. 
http://www.makestickers.com/home.asp
The Lord works in strange ways; and with strange people.

gentlegiant

Interesting that it says "PSA" when many doctors (such as mine) refuse to perform the test, because it may give a false positive.

Actually it seems strange to have a prostate cancer sign, when I myself have not been checked and my dad has prostate cancer.

The health care system in Canada is broken. I can't get my prostate checked without a doctor and I have no doctor and it is difficult to find a doctor who will accept new patients. My previous doctor refused to do PSA tests and then dumped me as a patient without explanation.

So I should be putting more time into trying to find a doctor. Probably any doctor still looking for patients must be incompetent.

I'm not sure if this helps any...

I took part in this study when it was here in Chicago.  It was my first screening.  It's touring the states (dont know about north of the border) asking for volunteers to take part in a study to develop a more reliable test.

http://www.suntimes.com/jump/310730,PSAScreen_041607.jumparticle
Falsely accused and maliciously prosecuted.

devia

<<The health care system in Canada is broken. I can't get my prostate checked without a doctor and I have no doctor and it is difficult to find a doctor who will accept new patients. My previous doctor refused to do PSA tests and then dumped me as a patient>>

I've pretty much struck gold in regards to a doctor. I got in at a clinic 22 years or so ago, had a couple of great doctors leave for the states and or doctors without borders then got stuck with the born again doctor from hell.

My mom (in her eighties) and my daughters have been lumped together as far as doctors are concerned. We all got stuck with the doctor from hell (or more in fact proclams were all going to hell). My mom's afraid to say she drinks wine with dinner, my daughter at 21 is afraid to say her and her boyfreind of three years are sexually active, I've been labled a binge drinker after asking for a supplements that can help me with forgetting about my ulcers for a holiday.

Enter my dad's very old fashioned doc. My dad got us in as patients of his doctor.

Ok so I'd rather not have a guy give me a cervic exam all things considered, I'd be great to go back to the old days where I felt completely comfortable with my old female hippie doc who abandoned us for Africa, but all things considered if cervical cancer was to come up I'd rather have it coming from my dad's doc who has a wicked sense of humour then our old doctor who would without doubt look disaprovaly and spell out what activities we/I may have engaged in to make God so enranged.

Something has to be amusing about this long post about not being able to choose your own doctor in Canada ( I've heard it's just as bad in the states). The punch line is...our new doctor, our dads doctor since day one. he's the doctor for the born again doctor we spent years trying to dump. Go figure.

The Biscuit Queen

Not saying anyone here is saying this..

I really get sick of talking to people who claim the Canadian health care system is the best because it is free...

You get what you pay for.
he Biscuit Queen

devia

Canadians pay through the roof for our heath care system which treats everyone as equals hence no one can shop for a doctor long story short.

If you have enough money then their are private clinics across the border to deal with the wait regarding dianostics or procedures. Incressingly there are private diagnostic clinics within Canada where you don't have to deal with the wait.

I don't know enough about HMO'S to say if they are better or worse. You hear horror stories but you also hear them about our health care system.

So far I've felt lucky being in the Canadian health care system regarding our daughter. We've never waited more then a couple of weeks for a cat scan or operation, I do think  non "lifestyle"cancer paitents seem to get top billing. Can't say I'd disagree with that. Except when I see non-lifestyle patients being sideswiped for cancer patients.

From what I understand (and I could be wrong) when someone is diagnoised they can be dropped from their health care in the U.S.

Charity's (that's my kids name btw) treatments are being managed first by cancer care whose doctors are in discussion with experts from the states because of the rarity of her condition, thats tax payers dollars.
Her nautualpath is paid by ourselves and my company. Private rooms are paid by us.Private disgnoses is paid for by us.

The Biscuit Queen

It depends on the health care. It also depends on if it could be seen as a preexisting condition.

he Biscuit Queen

Go Up