Help ! Army buddy and would-be policeman marrying manipulative woman

Started by blackmanxxx, Jun 05, 2007, 11:18 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

blackmanxxx

Jun 05, 2007, 11:18 AM Last Edit: Jun 05, 2007, 11:21 AM by blackmanxxx
Alright,  gentlemen.   I  have  a  problem.     

I  met   Sean  L.   in  January  2006.   We  became  best  buds.  We  were  in  the  same   Mediation  Class,  along  with  10  other  men  and  3  women.   Criminal   Justice  classes  are   usually  mostly  male.   The  college  we  both   attend  is   50  percent  male,  which  is  good,  and we  have  a  good  athletics  department.   Our  sportsmen   play   varsity  football,   basketball,   volleyball,  wrestling,  tennis  and  swimming.    Sean  plays  varsity   baseball.

We've  had  lots  of  classes   together.    I  consider   him a   Men's  Rights  Activist in  spirit.    He   helped  me  hand  out  flyers  about   DAHMW   a  while  ago.

We've  got   very  few  classes  left  in  the   criminal  justice  program  before   graduating.    Sean  dropped  a  bomb  on  me  a  few   minutes  ago  when  he  told  me  :  A)  he  was  getting  married.   B)  his  would-be
bride   convinced  him  to  drop  the  criminal  justice  program  and   change  his   major  to   business   management.

WTF ?

I  know,  Sean,  okay.  He's  been  in  the   military  for  years.  His   lifelong  dream  is  to  become  a   Massachusetts   State   Trooper.    And  now  he's  telling  me  that  he's  given  up  on  all  that   because  of  some  woman  ?

What  the  hell  ? 

I  think  this   woman  has  brainwashed   my  friend.   I   look  at  her  and  I can't  see what  he  sees  in  her.   She's   not   attractive.   She's  not smart.   Her  personality  is  abrasive.   

Why  in  hell  does  he  want  to  marry  someone  like  her  ?

And   most  importantly,  how  do  I  stop  him  from  making  a  tragic  mistake  he's  going  to  regret  for  the  rest  of  his  life  ?

The Biscuit Queen

Is she pregnant?

I am so sorry for your friend. He should not give up on his dreams-any person who expects their mate to give up his/ her dreams is not worth having as a mate.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Cordell Walker

you just have to let him bump his own head, and then maybe he will realize he can't walk on water
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

stands2p

Road Trip

Get your pal next to a campfire, apply a few recreational beverages and get him talking.  Find out what he thinks is so damned special about this chick.

Then tell him to shut up and listen.
I suggest you don't start in with negative comments about this woman but give him the full low down about the institution of marriage itself.  He is likely to wind up losing everything he has with no benefits at all. 

If the straight dope on marriage doesn't get him thinking, then it is time to unload on bridezilla.  Nobody who loves somebody asks them to give up their dreams.  If she finds out you have been trying to talk your pal out of sticking his head in the noose, she will ban you from the wedding.  Make this your goal.  If they still get married and you are standing there next to him in a matching powder-blue tux, you have failed.

Good luck saving your friend, you are a true pal.
The Lord works in strange ways; and with strange people.

Cordell Walker

:sunny: :sad5: :occasion18: :occasion18:.....................I FIGURED OUT THE SOULUTION

get "I love New York" the whole first season on dvd somewhere.....or FOL.........................and tell him to watch how "Ms Patterson" acts

he will run for the hills(or the nearest strip club"

devia

Help!

My probems are much worse then this guys. Where do I sign up?

Honestly.

I'm mentoring a 19 year old at work right now, she's a great guy and is doing well with the whole  age/gender divide thing. But the stupid drama I have to listen to.... I'd be ready to cut myself if I wasn't already inclinded.

But honestly, your roomate/army buddies problems really don't shock nor are they interested cause they've been there done it etc. It's about work, the less you know about your buddies social life the better off he'll be at work.  Keep out of it.

The Gonzman

He will grow to resent her one day for sacrificing his dream - and that is a dream with a "Sell-by" date.  One day there will be an age cut-off for the police acadamy.

One day he will feel that it is time for her to pay him back for this.  And she won't.  Or if she does, she will resent the hell out of him.

And if she really loved him, she wouldn't ask him to give that up.

This is a train wreck.  It is doomed.

Don't tell him this - just send him a link to this post, or print it out.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Chastity

Help!

My probems are much worse then this guys. Where do I sign up?

On another thread.

On topic, I second S2P. Good luck, compliments and crossed fingers from me - you deserve it.
Karma is not a b*tch, it is a man with a gun.

devia

Thank you

Today next week while know what's really going on. One more week.

blackmanxxx

Thanks,  guys.  I  will  find a  way  to   save  him  from  all  the  brainwashing.

Why  do  so  many  men  voluntarily   let  women  screw  up  their  lives  ?

Women are  always  playing  the role of  dream  crusher.   

When  will  men  learn ?

Cordell Walker

Thanks,  guys.  I  will  find a  way  to   save  him  from  all  the  brainwashing.

Why  do  so  many  men  voluntarily   let  women  screw  up  their  lives  ?

Women are  always  playing  the role of  dream  crusher.   

When  will  men  learn ?

to be fair, many women also  are willing to put their dreams on hold..................your best buddy and your woman are natural  enemies...so remember she might not be the same way when your not around.

alien

• When a bloke is kicked out of his home and the lives of his children, he has my sympathy.

• When a bloke is stripped of his assets and is forced to pay C$, he has my sympathy.

• When a bloke discovers the kids aren't his, he has my sympathy.

• When a bloke goes to the trouble of putting himself in harms way, he's a f@%#$#@ idiot and deserves what he gets.

Tell (warn) him once Blackman, and then leave it. Don't try to come between a fool and his destiny.

neoteny

Tell (warn) him once Blackman, and then leave it. Don't try to come between a fool and his destiny.

I agree; "you can take a horse to the river but you can't make it drink". I wouldn't have listened to anybody when my ex gave me the treatment, although it was obvious to outsiders; free will implies that you may present your case to him but he's the one to evaluate and act (or not) upon it.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

RockyMountainMan

Ugh.  Bad Bad news.

This women obviously thinks everyone in business makes a lot of money (with which he can support her).  While there is some truth to that, women like this tend to be naive about the up-front effort it takes to build a business.

This woman's disappointment is inevitable - a trainweck waiting to happen.  (and what exactly is she proposing to contribute to the marriage?)

If your friend goes with the business major, maybe he can go into the security business.
Give me liberty or give me death.

----------------

Tact is for those lacking sufficient wit for sarcasm.

blackmanxxx

My  father   raised  me  with  this  axiom  : "The   Weak   Deserve  Their  Fate."

That's   what  goes  through   my   mind  when  I  see  some  men voluntarily  surrendering  their  rights  to   man-hating   women  and  their   male  supporters.   

Like   an  earlier  poster  says,   falsely  accused   men  have  our  sympathies  and  need  our  help.

Morons  who  walk  into  traps    knowing  they're  traps   and  choosing  to  go  there  anyway   are    fools  and   deserve  their fate.[/b

Farewell,  Sean  L.   It's  been   nice  knowing  you  !
:angryfire:

Go Up