Duluth Model billboards in Indianapolis

Started by BRIAN, Jun 09, 2007, 08:04 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

BRIAN

I am traveling in Indiana this weekend for business purposes. I saw this morning two billboards with Duluth Model inspired slogans on them. One said "Deliberately scaring me is abuse stop it." The other said "Threatening me is abuse, stop it." Both had the partial view of a womans face with frightened eyes. Now to me it seems that both of those statements could be applied to either sex, but the imagery of a womans face with a frightened expression makes the message abundantly clear; only men batter and abuse.

I wonder if we mens rights activeists could put up billboards with the following slogans showing a downtrodden man:

Withholding sex and affection to get your way is abuse, don't do it.

Threatening to divorce me and seperate me from my children is abuse, don't do it.

Crying to manipulate me is abuse, don't do it.

False accusations of battery to have me arrested is abuse, don't do it.

I would glady send a few dollars in to any organization that would run that add campagne(I suspect tax dollars payed for the billboards in Indianapolis). But that is not the point, I fear that no outdoor advertising compay would accept the money and run the billboards with those messages.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

KellyMB

Adultery is abuse, don't do it.

BRIAN

Adultery is abuse, don't do it.

That would be priceless with shot of a man framed in a doorway with the fuzzy shape of a woman in her lovers arms in the foreground.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

CaptDMO

Soooooo.
Who's  the sponsor of those advertisements for inflamitory sensationalism?
Is there an ad for "Shooting me in the back with a shotgun while I sleep
because I yelled at you after I caught you secretly losing all our money
on a Nigerian scam is abuse"
What's the contact info?
Are these paid for with VAWA funds?
Who's the ad agency/sign company that are responsable for these erections?

BRIAN

CptDMO,

I just saw them in passing by on the highway I didn't spend an hour reading them and taking down all the details.

CaptDMO

CptDMO,

I just saw them in passing by on the highway I didn't spend an hour reading them and taking down all the details.

Understoood.
By now, folks should realise my constant nagging encouragement to get them to look at that kind of detail, and ask those kind of questions, whenever they see litter on the highways, or in the bodega, or in the paper, or at town meeting, or in the workplace, or in the urinals at the college dorm, or in friend of the court pleas, or on the bus stop walls, or on suburban commuter trains, or in the subway cars, or...well...you get the idea.. 

After all, SOMEBODY had to figure ut that Mary Kay Womens Products Inc. was the primary driving force behind "Breaking the Silence", and that a lot of that "Sienfeld" advertising sponsor money went toward producing "An Inconvieniant Truth".

I wonder where the cash for Judicial Education Seminars comes from?
How did THOSE "donors" get it?
How about those tax free asset transfer to the spouse laws that seem to
tax direct desendants at up to %50 for inheritance? Anyone ELSE lining up for those?

I could go on all day of course....

BRIAN

Well in just a few hours I will be passing them again and I will try to get more infofor you. :cyclo:

Men's Rights Activist

I wonder where the cash for Judicial Education Seminars comes from?

The money to fund that hate movement training comes from the VAWA hate movement STOP grants.

Just search on, STOP grants Office of Violence Against Women.  Here are just a few of the hits:

http://www.ojp.gov/newsroom/1998/VAW98049.htm
The awards mark the fourth year of the STOP (Services, Training, Officers and Prosecutors) Violence Against Women formula grant program, which was authorized by the Violence Against Women Act of 1994 as part of President Clinton's 1994 Crime Law. This year's appropriation is an increase of $15 million over the FY 1997 funding.

The STOP grants are awarded to designated state agencies, which must award 25 percent of the funds they receive to law enforcement, 25 percent to prosecution and 25 percent to victim services' programs. The remaining 25 percent of the funding may be allocated at the state's discretion for other STOP program purposes.

http://www.ojp.gov/newsroom/2001/VAW01076.html
The STOP (Services, Training, Officers and Prosecutors) Violence Against Women Formula Grants Program funds are used to promote partnerships among law enforcement, prosecution, the courts and victim advocates to ensure victim safety and accountability for offenders.

http://www.stopfamilyviolence.org/ocean/host.php?folder=45&page=161&T=
[4]   Recipients of STOP grants reported the increased benefits that training offered in enhancing positive interactions between victims and service providers.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

BRIAN

Well I did a little recon on my way out of Indy the other day. The billboards are from a Group called the Domestic Violence Network of Greater Indianapolis. They have a website but it looks like more of the same ole same ole.

Domesticviolencenetwork.org

Go Up