Is Sean Hannity a Closet Feminist?

Started by Eviltwin, Jun 18, 2007, 11:03 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Eviltwin

I was watching "Hannity's America" on Fox News yesterday when I noticed that the show began and ended with Martina McBride singing the chorus from "Independence Day". While on the surface this sounds like a nice patriotic ditty, it is really a song about a battered woman who celebrates the 4th of July by torching her abusive husband. Actually the song is a little vague about who gets torched, whether she torches herself, her husband or both. Here are the lyrics so you can judge for yourself:

http://www.martina-mcbride.com/lyrics/independenceday.shtml

Did Hannity ever sit down and listen to this song or did he just use it because he liked the chorus? Or is he really pandering to the Mary Winkler set? Anyway I thought it was funny coming from a conservative talk show host.  :rolle:
Affirmative Action: The federal government takes your job away from you and gives it to a woman. Then she sneers at you because you are unemployed.

Cordell Walker

one thing that  I as a libertarian-leaning conservative believe in is the right to self-defense; which includes both genders...if mary winkler had been getting Ike turner'd and picked up a  frying pan and beat him to death I would vote to give her the key to the city; but cold blood murder is cold blood murder regardless of how much of a asshole the deceased was.
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Mr. X

Hannity is a ra ra boy. He just totes the party line and says whatever will get him the most cheers.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Cordell Walker

he really is; and with michelle malkin's denouncement ansd slander against ron paul, I am beginging to think of her as a hot female hanity...I'm watching her on mute from now on

The Gonzman

Hannity is a ra ra boy. He just totes the party line and says whatever will get him the most cheers.

Yeah, he's a shill for Bush.  And a one-sided chivalrist.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Cordell Walker

traditional gender roles and chivalry fit into the conservative agenda..bush sucks, he is more of a liberal than clinton could ever be, Jorge Bush and Juan McCain can kiss my sweaty texas ass :angryfire:

Mr. X

He's a grand example of an angel wing earner. A gushing little boy wanting women to pat him on the back and tell him he's a good man.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

The Gonzman

traditional gender roles and chivalry fit into the conservative agenda..bush sucks, he is more of a liberal than clinton could ever be, Jorge Bush and Juan McCain can kiss my sweaty texas ass :angryfire:

Right wing liberals - big government, more programs, more handouts, tax, tax, tax, spend, spend, spend, social engineer, social engineer.

Republicans haven't been a conservative party since Reagan.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Cordell Walker

Right wing liberals - big government, more programs, more handouts, tax, tax, tax, spend, spend, spend, social engineer, social engineer.

Republicans haven't been a conservative party since Reagan.

and for real reagan was a liberal, remember more goverment money gets spent on the phony ass "war on drugs" and  dont forget he is the one who armed osama and saddam

Go Up