Coach, 40, Weds 16-Year-Old Student

Started by gentlegiant, Jun 22, 2007, 10:40 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

gentlegiant

It's draconian, and it puts a lot of power in the younger member's hands. Hopefully it would teach stupid fuckers who get in relationships with teenagers that putting yourself at the mercy of someone whose emotional development is minimal is not a good idea.

Yeah, what she said!
Falsely accused and maliciously prosecuted.

Virtue

BQ  you need to read more carefully.......what most people on this board are upset about is when a woman gets a slap on the wrist for the same crime a man commits.

In this article.....from the information we can gather.....here it is wait for it....

THIS MAN COMMITED NO CRIME!!!!!!!

This is an age of consent issue, not remotely a child molestation issue.

Some of us feel that 16 is just fine for an age of consent as opposed to 18 for BOTH SEXES, it seems to work in the rest of the world at least.  Even if we argue about what the age of consent should be among ourselves (16 no 15 no 14 etc et all)  What we absolutely agree on is that 16 is NOT a child......if you think otherwise then look at all the 16yr olds that are TRIED AS ADULTS......if you can be held responsible for your actions in a court of law then guess what.......Your an ADULT.

Besides girls mature faster both physically and psychologically than boys right ?
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

Mr. X

I agree with BQ on this. If the tables were turned we'd be screaming rape and pedophile. Why are adults going after kids in the first place? Can't these losers date someone their own age? No matter who is the kid, the adult will always have a HUGE emotional and mental advantage over the kid. Geex, just date people in your own age category or wait till they are 19 or something. Do these losers really need that kind of emotional advantage to score with some little kid?
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

RockyMountainMan

Jun 25, 2007, 05:22 PM Last Edit: Jun 25, 2007, 05:25 PM by RockyMountainMan

This thread made me want to throw up. It is NO different than all these cases of women "raping' boys. Justifying a hypocritical opinion is FEMINIST. We hate it when they do it, why are you then turning around and doing it too?! Just because he is a man does not mean this individual is not a sexual predator. 16 years old ! No one, at 16, boy or girl,  in western society is capable of making these decisions. If you consider it rape when the boy is 18, as evidenced from the above threads, how can you turn around and claim he is the oppressed?! Oh, because she has more social power, even though he is older and in a position of power? Sound familiar much?

Sorry BQ, but you are absolutely wrong on this one.  The age of consent in N. Carolina is 16.  There is no statutory rape in this case therefore the rapist label does not apply.  Also there have been no accusations of an inappropriate sexual relationship between the two.  At least none that has been alluded to in the article.

I also don't see anywhere that anyone feels sorry for the guy.  I know my own post was written with the intent that the guy's lechery would have natural consequences, that frankly he deserves.  He is a lecher and a fool, but thus far no indication he is a predator.  Nevertheless, he will be condemned as a predator regardless if everything he does in on the up and up.

As for the girl, she's just being an adolescent twit that won't listen to anything but her own hormones.  For that she will be rewarded, and pitied as a victim, rather than regarded as a twit and a fool.

Neither can be protected from their foolishness, but it is most likely the guy will eventually will pay much more dearly than the girl.

Neither can the label "pedophile" apply regardless of whether there was sex, nor if the sexes were reversed.  Sixteen is not under the age of puberty.

Finally, I'll repeat what has already been pointed out - what is most repugnant about the incidents in the threads you have linked is the double standard applied to the different sexes.  These are cases in which their WAS statutory rape by the laws of the governing state, or at least a sexual relation with a student.  In these cases, an adult man is readily condemned as rapists, while women are at worse are regarded as a "good rapists".   A minor girl is regarded as a victim and certain to suffer damage, while a minor boy is considered lucky to be initiated into sexuality.  This is reflected in the financial responsibility conferred on the male if there is a resulting pregnancy regardless of his legal status.
Give me liberty or give me death.

----------------

Tact is for those lacking sufficient wit for sarcasm.

The Gonzman

40?  16?

It may be legal, but it's sick no matter the genders.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

The Biscuit Queen

Several of the threads I mentioned were discussing 17-18 year old boys and using the words rape and child molestation. Even if you use the excuse that boys mature more slowely, a 15 year old child (likely the age the 'relationship' started) or even a 16 year old girl would be about the same maturity as a 17-18 year old boy. And no, enough of you are willing to say a 17 year old boy is still a boy and is a victim if subjected to sexual attention of a teacher (or sexual predator as in the linked threads), so I do not believe that the overriding consent is that both boys and girls should be fair game by all at 16. I agree that 16 for boys or girls is too young to consent to sex with a person twice their age.

Age is irrelevant here in a way, because the main issue is not a 16 and a 40 year old, but a student and a teacher, who is in a position of power. THAT is the biggest issue I have, but apparently a 16 year old girl is supposed to be aware that she is in a position of societal power over her teacher.  Apparently no girl can be a victim of this sort of thing because she has patriarchal societal privilage and she must be aware of it. Sort of like expecting a 17 year old boy to realize he has physical power over a female teacher. I call BS on that. It is feminist like double talk, especially given the venom with which these same posters spear Mary Kay Lateurno, et al.

The fact is what he did was against his job regulations and he violated the trust of the kids and parents in his school.  He abused a position of power over a student.

In this article.....from the information we can gather.....here it is wait for it....

THIS MAN COMMITED NO CRIME!!!!!!!

The man is now committing no crime because her parents signed a consent form. We do not know if they consumated their relationship prior to her being 16. If they did, he is guilty of exactly the same crime these other women are guilty of. Statutory rape. Like we will ever find out while they are still happy. She is by now aware of the stat. rape laws, and would not say anything to endanger her husband.

BQ  you need to read more carefully.......what most people on this board are upset about is when a woman gets a slap on the wrist for the same crime a man commits.

ANd I totally agree, however that is NOT what this thread is about. This thread is about justifying the questionable behavior of a man based on his sex.

Neither can be protected from their foolishness, but it is most likely the guy will eventually will pay much more dearly than the girl.

Really? Funny how not a single person blamed the victim in all the cases with boys and teachers. How we all railed when the news would call it an "affair" or a "relationship", even when the boys was 17-18 years old. How not one person suggested maybe the boys would learn the hard way to get some common sense and grow up.

It is so easy to say bbbut this is different.....

No, it is not.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

typhonblue

Jun 25, 2007, 05:57 PM Last Edit: Jun 25, 2007, 06:02 PM by typhonblue
Er... I don't think anyone said the man was justified.

In the case where a 40 year old man ends up in a relationship with a 16 year old girl, the probability is that he will be bitch slapped at some point in the future. And that she will be the one doing it.

In the case where a 40 year old woman ends up in a relationship with a 16 year old boy, the probability is that she will never be bitch slapped. In fact, the probability is that the 16 year old boy will be the one bitch slapped by the 40 year old woman.

Just because of the various social forces at work in these respective relationships. So, because the bitch slap is coming--oh yes it is-- for the man, people can sit back and say snarky things like "I hope he enjoys it while he can."

Incidentally, patriarchal privilage cannot be proven. No causal mechanism. The greater social power of women *can* be proven and there is a causal mechanism. The whole patriarchal privilage bit is bad science. Drawing a parellel between it and the social power of women, based on the function of the concept without considering its correctness, is sloppy thinking.

And anyone who says "girls aren't aware of their greater social power" hasn't hung around a teenage grrl lately.

typhonblue

Lets put it another way.

When RockyMountainMan says that this is a learning experience for the girl, I believe he feels justified in saying this because of the protections put in place, social and legal, for girls.

When others decry the same sorts of relationships between older women and boys, they know that the boy is facing a vastly different senario without the same protections, social and legal, that girls enjoy.

In other words the girls are, for example, playing hockey with their protective equipment on. They get roughed up, they suffer some injuries, but generally that protective equipment will ensure they walk away mostly unscathed. It's a learning experience.

Boys, on the other hand, are playing NAKED. All of them will be injured, some of them will die. If they had the same protections as the girls, it would just be a learning experience as well.

gwallan

A more analogous story would be US woman finds love in Perth schoolboy which was discussed here in http://standyourground.com/forums/index.php?topic=10677.0 last August.
In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

The Gonzman

It's not different, and Jen Brings up a salient point I missed in skimming the story after the "yuck" factor.

Teacher.  Student.

Look, when my daughter was 16 - 19 many of her friends had little crushes on her dad - me.  And I could have fucked a whole mess of them without trying.  Had I tried?  Probably a lot more.  I didn't, because a man in his mid thirties should not be slipping the sausage to a 16 year old.  Period.  The potential mind-fuck I could have laid on these girls - girls, not women - is mind boggling.

There is no doubt in my mind they would have enjoyed it.  I have been around the block, and I know what I am doing.  I know how to find a clit, and a g-spot.

It would have been wrong, and taking advantage of their youth and inexperience.

The law is right to prohibit sex between people of certain ages.  My argument is that IT NEEDS TO BE ENFORCED AGAINST WOMEN TOO.  It's just as wrong.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Cordell Walker

look, the guy has R kelly syndrome...........Robert kelly is a famous american singer with a penchant for nailing teenage girls................his manager once siad that there could be 20  18-21 year old supermodel looking chicks in his dressing room and one 15 year old............he is going for the 15 year old.........................many men once the glory days of their early 20s are gone.........try to live it vicariously byu screwing all the young cheerleaders that used to laugh when the football team kicked em around
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

BRIAN

I can see a difference here. The girl and the coach had a real relationship with each other. It developed into love. This was no Debra Lefave Mary Kay Letourneau sneak around behind the gym sex fest. Who knows maybe these two people realy do love each other and it will be a lasting thing. At lease the coach didn't cheat on his wife who he has two kids with which seems to be the recurrant theme with the female teache male student things we have seen in the news.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

Cordell Walker

still;  I dont see how anywone can say that the coach didnt abuse his positiion in SOME way by pursuing a reltaionship with this girl. If he had met her at a club and she lied and said she was 19 and he got her pregnant, that would be one thing...............this is another

TheManOnTheStreet

Jun 26, 2007, 08:31 AM Last Edit: Jun 26, 2007, 08:35 AM by TheManOnTheStreet
I'd say if it was the other way around the board would be calling it rape and "her" a pedophile. No doubt their relationship started before her 16th birthday. Instead the majority feel sorry for the guy/adult.

And you would once again be speaking from your ass Devia.  Knock off the fucking generalizations will ya?

TB:  Wrong as well.  It is the same effin thing.  16 YO girl w/40 YO male...  Sicko fucking molester in my book -  law or no law.  16 YO male w/40 YO female...Sicko fucking molester in my book - law or no law.  PERIOD.

Anyone else that thinks that this is somehow "different" are wrong (IMO) .  Messing with a 16 year old of either sex at the age of 40 plus is just sicko.  period.

A child, yes child of that age is incapable of processing the dynamics of a sexual relationship healthily.

TMOTS

The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Cordell Walker

I dunno TMTOS, the "religon of peace" thinks that 9 is ripe.....................and all the feminitwits are strangely silent on the issue of Islam

Go Up