chris benoit and the murder/suicide thing

Started by Cordell Walker, Jun 25, 2007, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Cordell Walker

wrestler chris beniot and his family were found dead ..alllegedly murder suicide

my queistion is this.....why when a man kills his kids, its more common for him to go on and kill the wife and then himself
women tend to not only not kill themselves, they dont kill the husband.Its odd, man goes over the edge.....he REALLY goes over
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Mr. X

Was it confirmed he killed himself?
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Cordell Walker

at this point I dont think anything is confirmed or official

shard43

Men know they're going to fry.

Women know they're going to fly.

BRIAN

The only article I saw was on Yahoo and it just said the police in Atlanta were investigating it as a homicide. IT could be anything at this point.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

Cordell Walker

the Von Eriks.....remember them..............serveral of them commited suicide

Mr. X

Sorry but I don't feel sorry for this guy. If it is a suicide then I have the same outrage for him that I do for Andrea Yates or that woman in Texas who hung herself and her kids. He took the life of two other people. If he wanted to kill himself then fine, that's his business but he had no right to kill two other people ESPECIALLY an innocent boy. No matter what this guy's pain was he is a monster like Yates. Now if its a murder then I feel very sorry for this guy and his family.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Wussycat

Are they sure it was him, not the wife? I heard that the police are suspecting him, but I didn't hear that the wife couldn't have done it.

jaketk

Current reports state:
Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his 7-year-old son and placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself with a weight-machine pulley

I cannot see how his wife could strangle herself or force him to hang himself. I do find the whole thing odd though. Benoit was a wrestler I liked. He was very good at selling the show, though not that good at selling his character. I read somewhere that Benoit had recently been dropped from an upcoming Pay-Per-View event. That may have had something to do with what he did, particularly since he has struggled in the industry for years, despite being one of the best wrestlers.

CaptDMO

"Wrestling" of this nature is considered exibition entertainment, not a "sport"
Rules concerning steroid (and other nasty stuff) use do not apply.

Just a thought.

Johnny

Wrastlers are known heavy steroid users. Drugs are not a good thing.
Openly Straight.

neonsamurai

Over the past few years I recall a dozen or so incidences like this, where a man has killed his family and then committed suicide. The press never report the reasoning behind such abhorent actions, but if this is a pattern you'd think they'd want to theorise why it happens.

Feminists love to claim that husbands or partners are the most dangerous person a woman can know, but simply 'because they are men' doesn't cut it. Why do men kill their whole families and then themselves? What drives them to do this? How can it be stopped?

If this guy was insane or on drugs or depressed that might be a reason why, but why his whole family and not just himself? Why do men do that?
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

shiva

If this guy was insane or on drugs or depressed that might be a reason why, but why his whole family and not just himself? Why do men do that?

Bit of a broad generalization there. It's always the individual, not the race or gender or age group or whatever. Some groups are more likely than others, no doubt, but to be honest I've never seen any statistics which indicate any group in particular. In humankind as a whole lies the potential, but not every single human individually. I know you already know this, but meh.
The above is the individual opinion of shiva. Unless stated otherwise, it's just an opinion; please do not confuse with a certified expert's individual opinion.

Mr. X

But then why do the Andrea Yates and that woman in Texas kill their families?

My issue here is look at the Texas murder/suicide thread. Men railed on that woman for killing her kids, never offered an opinion as to why except when it was mean and had no consideration for drugs, hormones, depression etc. Now some guy does it and right away lets defend him? I spit on this guy. No matter how good of a wrestler he was or athlete, he did NOT have to murder two innocent defenseless people. He killed a helpless boy, HIS OWN SON for God sakes. I hope the hottest place in hell is reserved for this freak.

C'mon guys. Apply the same standards. If this was a woman who had killed her kid and her husband would we be posting about why this guy did it and "it was the drugs"? Either bring the hammer down on this guy or lighten up on the women who do this.

Cordell Walker

I agree, but I was making the point that men that do that would rather not stand trial it seems like...............I dont see many murder -suicides of families done by females. usually either  she kills the  husband and  gets caught later or  she kills the kids and either pleas insanity or blames it on some long haired black dude.(Houston and South Carolina respectively). I'm thinking  that the men somehow innately know they aren't getting away with it, so they go on and off themselves after going to the point of no return.

Go Up