Typical Misandry Incidents

Started by bluegrass, Jun 26, 2007, 06:19 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

bluegrass

A couple of typical misandry incidents I recently observed.

The first one took place in a neighbor's backyard and was fairly mild.  Two women, one an art teacher, were talking about men's and women's bodies and the aesthetic qualities of each.  The art teacher said she'd much rather draw and look at women's bodies since they're so much more attractive.  So much for the classical sculptures of the ancient world.

The second woman said something like, "Yeah, men are all funny looking with their clothes off."  Incidentally, her husband is in great shape and is at the gym 5 times a week.  He practically looks ready for fight club.  She, on the other hand, is about 40lbs overweight with an ass that looks like a bag of wet laundry.

The second incident of misandry I witnessed was an old friend of the family.  She dropped by my mother's house (who I was visiting for the weekend) and out of nowhere launched into some diatribe against men.

She went on and on about how intrinsically terrible a substance testosterone is and that if we'd just castrate all the men, we'd get rid of war, child molestors and a number of other evils too numerous to list.

Some background on this woman:  Her first husband built the house they lived in as well as the house next door which was a childhood home of mine.  Their second vacation home was a dump bought for a song that he completely renovated into a model home all by himself.  When they divorced -- because she was cheating on him -- he gave her both of the houses and left.  He's still friends with her to this day.

Her second husband was a WWII vet who lied about his age to join the Marines at 16.  He was shot by a sniper on Iwo Jima and lived for the rest of his life with one leg shorter than the other.  The resulting arthritis in his later years was painful, but he never complained.  When he died, she was left with his substantial retirement savings.  And she complains constantly about the discomforts of her old age -- discomforts resulting from drinking waaay too much and smoking heavily.

She wound up her diatribe with the declaration that women would be just fine without men and that we're not much needed.

I said something like, "Yeah, well you'd be having fun in your mud hut where Rome should've been with half the babies dying before they're five."

She abruptly ended the visit and left.

But how do these women arrive at this?  They have husbands and fathers who give so freely to them and indeed give them lives they wouldn't have otherwise had -- and sons who love them so unconditionally.

Yet, so full of misandry....?
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

bola

Jun 26, 2007, 06:31 AM Last Edit: Jun 26, 2007, 06:35 AM by bola
It's fashionable. Just like it was quite fashionable in the 1930's to go to a party and complain about the Jews.

The universities are really the open sewers of radicalism. Until something is done about that, we're not going to get rid of this misandry epidemic. Young impressionable women and men go through college, are thoroughly indoctrinated and then spread out through society to infiltrate and contaminate the media, the legal system, the education system, the political bodies etc.

Cordell Walker

it's almost like they do it uncociously; a good friend of mine who happnes to be a womens studies major and an ardent feminst called me one time after an arguement with her boyfriend and made the statement " I don't have a very high opinion of men right now" wherepon I told her that she shouldnt have called one  if that was the case and that if she had a beef with 50% of the population then maybe the problem was in the mirror
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

BRIAN

I thik the biggest reason they do that is because of displaced male soicism. Men have always been expected to to just laugh off stuff like that and be good sports. I am over it already and any time I hear a female launch into an antimale tirade I give it right back to them. One of my favorites to shut them up is this:

Well yes men are bad but if women had been in charge nobody would have figured out how to bang rocks together to make fire, and we would still be living in caves, but everything would be well decorated.

That usualy shuts the right up.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

Mr. Bad

I agree about the effect of colleges and universities on misandry - those places are indoctrination mills.  However, I believe that women like your mom's friend (who sounds decidedly feminist to me) are fundamentally insecure.  Women like her know - know - that it has been men who have advanced civilization, and no matter how much 'grrl power,' etc., the feminist indoctrination mills spew forth the facts remain and speak for themselves (the need to change, aka "deconstruct," history is also part of this) 

This is classic bully behavior: Insecure people need to tear-down others to make themselves feel bigger and better, and thus feminists are really just insecure (mostly) women who know they're not men's equals vis-a-vis motivation and accomplishments.  And in that sense, even they don't buy-in to their rhetoric.
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

bluegrass

I agree about the effect of colleges and universities on misandry - those places are indoctrination mills.  However, I believe that women like your mom's friend (who sounds decidedly feminist to me) are fundamentally insecure.  Women like her know - know - that it has been men who have advanced civilization, and no matter how much 'grrl power,' etc., the feminist indoctrination mills spew forth the facts remain and speak for themselves (the need to change, aka "deconstruct," history is also part of this) 

This is classic bully behavior: Insecure people need to tear-down others to make themselves feel bigger and better, and thus feminists are really just insecure (mostly) women who know they're not men's equals vis-a-vis motivation and accomplishments.  And in that sense, even they don't buy-in to their rhetoric.

Actually, that was a point I was intending to make, though didn't get round to.

For my mom's friend, I think a big part of it is that she's now gotten old, ugly and bitter and now there aren't any men clamoring to give her attention and help her out.  In short, she's finding out what it's like to be a man.

But, she resents the fact that men don't want to help her.  She's also bitter about a lot of her female friends who've taken care of themselves, stayed in good shape for pushing 70, and still appreciate men.  They're all going on dates and having their kitchens re-done for free by retired guys looking for something to do.

In my mother's case, she's 68, great attitude, excellent health -- and has a BF five years younger who cooks for her and drives a Corvette.  It's amazing what a little kindness can garner for a woman.

But back to my point -- so much of what women do seems like projection.  The women who think men's bodies are ugly actually probably feel that way about themselves.
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

Cordell Walker

actually I think the over suxualization of our culture makes both men and women insecure about theiir bodies

bachelor tom

So the obvious question is, Why are women and especially feminists so insecure?
political correctness = patriarchal chivalry + matriarchal victimology

Cordell Walker

because the uber-women tell them they should be

imagine being told you are constantly in dagnger of being raped, being robbed being discrimnated against by the big bad man. wouldnt you be insecure.

bachelor tom

Yes, but I wonder if there is something deeper

I have a theory that one catalyst for secondwave feminism was the (subconscious?) perception that by the mid '60s Western men had become 'too' successful, ie. we had conquered nature completely, from the birth control pill up to weapons of mass destruction, and maybe women had nothing left to offer (?)

The Gonzman

So the obvious question is, Why are women and especially feminists so insecure?

If you were a professional victim and your greatest accomplishment in life was to allow yourself to be indoctrinated and get your Underwater Basket Weaving Womyn's Studies Degree, you'd be insecure too.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

bluegrass

I think it's more mundane than that.

When the men were sent into daily exile by the industrial revolution, women became the holders of the purse strings, makers of the daily financial decisions and sole raisers of the children.

The marketers caught on and started their emotional manipulation of women, really hitting stride in the 1950's.  By that time, most of what women used to make was being made by men in factories to bring home a wage to buy the things that women used to make.  Since, over the years, women weren't making anything material until they really began entering the workforce, they began to interpret their worth by what they could get others to do for them, rather than what they could do for themselves.

The marketers caught onto this one too, and soon the purpose for men and governements was to do for women.  Anyone who doesn't do for women is a misogynist, since doing for women is the primary way of showing you care about them.

The other major way is in acknowledging their moral and aesthetic superiority.

Women have become intoxicated with a marketing culture that tells them anything they want to hear in order to manipulate them out of every cent they can.

bachelor tom

good points both

Gonzo was there an annual MRA event this month, I thought I saw you discussing it a while back? (sorry I'm ignorant of the activist scene) - I was hoping you or others could tell us about it

CaptDMO

A couple of typical misandry incidents I recently observed.

The first one took place in a neighbor's backyard and was fairly mild.
Sorry, I just see that as personal preferance stuff....

The second incident of misandry I witnessed was an old friend of the family...etc

And how did you responded to her, in NO uncertain terms...?

Go Up