Yahoo! Answers : How Can I Strip Father of Parental Rights?

Started by SIAM, Sep 10, 2009, 09:09 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

The Gonzman

What is lost in here is that the child has a right to their father.  And a woman who decides this for their child is, plainly, an unfit mother.

This is another can of worms you've brought up.  If a child has a right to a father, should a father have the right to decide to have nothing to do with a child he doesn't want?

Well, a mother has a right not to have anything to do with a child.  Even to murdering it.

Making that choice for herself is one thing.  Making that choice for two other people?  Monstrous.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

SIAM

Sep 14, 2009, 07:52 PM Last Edit: Sep 14, 2009, 07:54 PM by SIAM
I said she could, and if she truly wants him out of his kids life she morally obligated to do this.

Clearly she wouldn't do that as she's chasing back payments from him and spends most of the "question" talking about money.  

Here's what's wrong with only the custodial having such power to completely cut out the non-custodial and deny them rights (just because the custodial doesn't want their cash, oh dear....):-

- the non-custodial may be a willing parent denied visitation, and gives up seeking it because, what's the point?  So if the custodial decides she doesn't want his cash, this willing parent is denied his rights.

- the non-custodial may not even have been told where the custodial lives (after she moves county/state to a new home/new boyfriend), so the non-custodial can't even locate his child.  So if the custodial decides she doesn't want his cash, this willing parent is denied his rights.

- the non-custodial may be a victim of PAS, and so thinks : what's the point? Whatever I do or say, the child has been poisoned against me.  Do I fight a futile battle, or put it behind me and move on?  So if the custodial decides she doesn't want his cash, this willing parent is denied his rights.

Time for a re-think.

Go Up