Started by neoteny, Jul 04, 2007, 05:50 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

neoteny

Link to article

Scientist tests husband's DNA, fidelity
By KATHY BARKS HOFFMAN, Associated Press Writer
Tue Jul 3, 8:32 PM ET

LANSING, Mich. - A state forensics scientist who said she tested DNA in her husband's underwear to find out whether he was cheating could be disciplined if investigators determine she violated the use of state equipment.

Ann Chamberlain-Gordon of Okemos testified in a March 7 divorce hearing that she ran the test in September on the underwear of Charles Gordon Jr. Asked by his attorney what she found, she answered: "Another female. It wasn't me."

She also said during a May 25 hearing in Ingham County Family Court that she ran the test on her own time with chemicals that were set to be thrown away.

Michigan State Police, which oversees the Lansing forensics lab where Chamberlain-Gordon works, started to investigate her after her husband's attorney wrote to authorities and media outlets questioning how many times DNA tests have been improperly run.

Investigators expect to decide by next week what they found. Her duties have not been restricted during the investigation, state police spokeswoman Shanon Akans said Tuesday.

"We don't know exactly what was or wasn't done," Akans said.

State police policies on the care and use of property say "department supplies, materials or equipment shall not be used for any non-duty or non-department purpose."

A request for comment was left Tuesday with Chamberlain-Gordon.

Charles Gordon's attorney, Michael Maddaloni, said Tuesday that his client disputed his wife's testimony that he acknowledged a sexual encounter with another woman after she found the female DNA on his underwear.

Gordon played with the Canadian Football League as a defensive back from the early 1990s through 1997.

Chamberlain-Gordon received the award for Outstanding Contribution to the Michigan State Police Biological Services in 2006 for her research and method development in embryonic and fetal DNA recovery, according to Forensic Science Consultants Inc., which lists her among its workers.

Chamberlain-Gordon has worked for the state police as a forensic scientist since 1999 and supervised the biology unit in 2005, according to the company's Web site. She has given expert testimony in more than 50 cases, including at a widely publicized trial last year in the death of a boy slain by his adoptive parents.

----

What a jerkette...  :rolle:
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

The Gonzman

I dunno about that.

Now sure, as a taxpayer, I'm pissed off she abused her position, and all other things she should be fired (and her "evidence" deemed legally worthless).

If he cheated on her, though, he's a cheater, and as bad as a cheating woman.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

poiuyt

Distrustful of da victim

Controlling da victim

Possessive of da victim

Wat Duluth gat say here ?

Da Duluth model say she be ah potential murderer at worst but a definite and ongoing abuser at best !

CaptDMO

I dunno about that.

Now sure, as a taxpayer, I'm pissed off she abused her position, and all other things she should be fired (and her "evidence" deemed legally worthless).

Mmmm..yeah, 'bout right.

Quentin0352

I dunno about that.

Correct but if they were chemicals about to be thrown away, then it is unlikely to be a solid result. The question is, were the results reliable in the first place on the accusation and where ARE the results since she has so far only claimed to have done the tests. It should be interesting to see what all comes out on all of this and if those questions are answered.

The Gonzman

I dunno about that.

Correct but if they were chemicals about to be thrown away, then it is unlikely to be a solid result. The question is, were the results reliable in the first place on the accusation and where ARE the results since she has so far only claimed to have done the tests. It should be interesting to see what all comes out on all of this and if those questions are answered.

That's what she gets for being unethical - even if she is right.

There are ways to do things.  If you want to be with someone else - leave the one you're with, first. 

And if you're the wronged spouse, you have to have your ducks in a row, too.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Garak

In other words, let's find a way to help her get away with misuse of equipment. If McDonalds is to throw away food they mean to THROW IT AWAY...wouldn't it be even more serious with chemicals?

She misused and stole that equipment as it did not belong to her but as a female...we MUST find a way to let her off the hook.
I will stop staring at your boobs when you stop staring at my paycheck!

devia

I'd guess this isn't the first time such thing has happened. How the hell did it  it made national news ?

Gungerassa

State police policies on the care and use of property say "department supplies, materials or equipment shall not be used for any non-duty or non-department purpose."

If someone in the private sector did something similar, they would be fired and that is want I expect in this case.

Garak

If someone in the private sector did something similar, they would be fired and that is want I expect in this case.

If a male did this he would be fired and an investigation would not be needed. The rules are clear but the princess needs an investigation so they can manufacture an excuse. I am sure the husbnad will be blamed for her misuse of equipment.

neoteny

I dunno about that.

That's what she gets for being unethical - even if she is right.

There are ways to do things.  If you want to be with someone else - leave the one you're with, first. 

And if you're the wronged spouse, you have to have your ducks in a row, too.

Agreed.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

BRIAN

If he cheated he is wrong, as men we should hold ourselves to an honor code that prohibits such things. Leave deciet and duplicity to the females.

She broke the law in using public resources for personal reasons and thus she should be fired and face criminal sanctions.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

Virtue

You can order DNA test kits about $100 on line......she was too lazy to even do that.
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

Garak

You can order DNA test kits about $100 on line......she was too lazy to even do that.

She sounds like a real honest person...yet he is seen as the dishonest one for cheating.

shiva

She sounds like a real honest person...yet he is seen as the dishonest one for cheating.

They're both dishonest. Public opinion tends to be subject to a thousand spin-doctors' influences, in this case the feminist spin which has been around for quite some time.... But the bottom line is, as anyone with half a brain knows, they were both dishonest. Idiots who think one is a saint and the other a sinner clearly don't need to have their opinions taken as fact.

Didn't comment previously because Gonzokid said everything I would have said. Which is disturbing.
The above is the individual opinion of shiva. Unless stated otherwise, it's just an opinion; please do not confuse with a certified expert's individual opinion.

Go Up