Study: 30% of mothers and 40% of fathers are abused during a pregnancy

Started by ., Jul 06, 2007, 09:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Is "Who Me" a troll who is not truly debating?

Yes, she's a troll.  Ban her!
2 (10%)
Yes, she's a troll.  Refute her.
9 (45%)
Yes, she's a troll.  Ignore her.
4 (20%)
She's a thoughtful and fair debater.
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Go Down

Cordell Walker

you might not realize it, but by conceding certian points, you have validated my point that the stats  you  posted don't paint a completely accurate picture of domestic violence or violence in general;
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

who me?

you might not realize it, but by conceding certian points, you have validated my point that the stats  you  posted don't paint a completely accurate picture of domestic violence or violence in general;

No.  The stats are the stats.  Like I said early on they are not meant to be warm and fuzzy.  They are the hard numbers that are kept to track the frequency of certain events and just who it was that perpetrated the violence.

Conceding that domestic violence sometimes runs in families does not change the numbers.

It is still a fact that more than 60% of the attacks on men are perpetrated by men.  Less than 10% of the violent attacks on men are perpetrated by women.

I only agreed on some of the underlying extenuating circumstances around attacks.

Why you have this need to deny the facts is a bit difficult for me to understand.

Could it be you too want to use the victim card?  You can use it.  Go right ahead.

If you prefer to ignore the data; your problem not mine.  But it doesn't change the data.

Men's Rights Activist

Jul 11, 2007, 12:44 PM Last Edit: Jul 11, 2007, 12:56 PM by Men's Rights Activist
Less than 10% of the violent (domestic violence) attacks on men are perpetrated by women.

http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/confront_a_liar/public/pathological-compulsive.html
A pathological liar is usually defined as someone wholies incessantly to get their way and does so with little concern for others. Pathological lying is often viewed as coping mechanism developed in early childhood and it is often associated with some other type of mental health disorder. A pathological liar is often goal-oriented (i.e., lying is focused - it is done to get one's way). Pathological liars have little regard or respect for the rights and feelings of others. A pathological liar often comes across as being manipulative, cunning and self-centered.

Compulsive Liar

A compulsive liar is defined as someone who lies out of habit. Lying is their normal and reflexive way of responding to questions. Compulsive liars bend the truth about everything, large and small. For a compulsive liar, telling the truth is very awkward and uncomfortable while lying feels right. Compulsive lying is usually thought to develop in early childhood, due to being placed in an environment where lying was necessary. For the most part, compulsive liars are not overly manipulative and cunning (see, Pathological Liar), rather they simply lie out of habit - an automatic response which is hard to break and one that takes its toll on a relationship (see, how to cope with a compulsive liar).

The terms Habitual Liar and Chronic Liar are often used to refer to a Compulsive Liar.

Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Cordell Walker

No.  The stats are the stats.  Like I said early on they are not meant to be warm and fuzzy.  They are the hard numbers that are kept to track the frequency of certain events and just who it was that perpetrated the violence.

Conceding that domestic violence sometimes runs in families does not change the numbers.

It is still a fact that more than 60% of the attacks on men are perpetrated by men.  Less than 10% of the violent attacks on men are perpetrated by women.

I only agreed on some of the underlying extenuating circumstances around attacks.

Why you have this need to deny the facts is a bit difficult for me to understand.

Could it be you too want to use the victim card?  You can use it.  Go right ahead.

If you prefer to ignore the data; your problem not mine.  But it doesn't change the data.

hold up, I am just debating with you on  how relevant stats are, not  playing victim

who me?

hold up, I am just debating with you on  how relevant stats are, not  playing victim

Good because I would be horribly disappointed in such a ploy.

The data is not counting individuals as in people but individual events perpetrated by people.

There is a difference.

Cordell Walker

and I understand but  these statistics by themselves.........I dont believe they are all that relavent though

Men's Rights Activist

Oh so you are one of those posters that spew the verbal abuse and then tries to pretend you didn't do it?

No, that would clearly, overwhlemingly, be you,

Yeah, I've talked down to you a few times.  That I'll admit.

A few times?  That's been your whole pattern.

Considering the posts you try so hard to pass off as anything other than the insults they are........don't you even begin to understand you are only getting just what you are trying to dish out?

You feel the truth about domestic violence is insulting to you.  Clearly, it has been presented dispassionately, while you have been impertinent and patronizing again and again.  I called attention to your abusiveness long ago, and you just persisted.  Now you lie and lie some more.

Oh wait..........you are playing the victim card.

Men are indeed victims.  They are battered in domestic relationships, by police, by prosecutors, by judges, and by abusive people on blogs who refuse to recognize they are victims of domestic violence in the true numbers that exist.

http://www.ifeminists.net/introduction/editorials/2005/0223blumhorst.html
The struggle to bring attention to the plight of battered men, who are abused at the hands of violent females, is not a new topic. The topic as it concerned one man was well documented in a book called, The Inner World of Abraham Lincoln by Michael Burlingame. On p. 277 Burlingame gives a list of some of the violence Abe Lincoln incurred at the hands of Mrs. Lincoln, but there were numerous other pages, detailing the beatings Lincoln endured at the hands of his wife. Some feminists have pointed out that men are big and can defend themselves, but as Lincoln and many other men exemplify, "Gentlemen don't use their physical power against women."

For Lincoln the battering never ended in his lifetime. The domestic violence that Lincoln suffered like that of many men today is an issue that is not generally discussed. Domestic violence has become all the rage, no pun intended, on talk shows, in political circles, in social and church groups, and certainly in gender feminist circles as long as it does not cross the boundary of what's acceptable, and accept men as victims.

Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

who me?

Less than 10% of the violent (domestic violence) attacks on men are perpetrated by women.

http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/confront_a_liar/public/pathological-compulsive.html
A pathological liar is usually defined as someone wholies incessantly to get their way and does so with little concern for others. Pathological lying is often viewed as coping mechanism developed in early childhood and it is often associated with some other type of mental health disorder. A pathological liar is often goal-oriented (i.e., lying is focused - it is done to get one's way). Pathological liars have little regard or respect for the rights and feelings of others. A pathological liar often comes across as being manipulative, cunning and self-centered.

Compulsive Liar

A compulsive liar is defined as someone who lies out of habit. Lying is their normal and reflexive way of responding to questions. Compulsive liars bend the truth about everything, large and small. For a compulsive liar, telling the truth is very awkward and uncomfortable while lying feels right. Compulsive lying is usually thought to develop in early childhood, due to being placed in an environment where lying was necessary. For the most part, compulsive liars are not overly manipulative and cunning (see, Pathological Liar), rather they simply lie out of habit - an automatic response which is hard to break and one that takes its toll on a relationship (see, how to cope with a compulsive liar).

The terms Habitual Liar and Chronic Liar are often used to refer to a Compulsive Liar.

Are you calling me a liar because I'm using the stats provided by Dr. D early on in this thread?  That's interesting........

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/gender.htm

Most victims and perpetrators in homicides are male
   Male offender/Male victim 65.2%
 Male offender/Female victim 22.6%
 Female offender/Male victim 9.7%  
  Female offender/Female victim  2.4%

Both male and female offenders are more likely to target male victims than female victims.

So you feel the Bureau of Justice is part of the conspiracy?

Men's Rights Activist

Is that the sound of MRA sheepishly whispering the word.....uncle?

No, not this lifetime.

Cordell Walker

who me?, would you agree in general you can make stats say what you want them to, that  the very porcess using control groups, etc, is pretty easily manipulated, if only subtly

who me?

and I understand but  these statistics by themselves.........I dont believe they are all that relavent though

Maybe because they do not fall to your liking?

Documenting the frequency of attacks and who is doing the attacking is something you do not see as relavent?

Maybe we can try tea leaves?

who me?

who me?, would you agree in general you can make stats say what you want them to, that  the very porcess using control groups, etc, is pretty easily manipulated, if only subtly

Not when documenting frequency of events and who is responsible for the events.

We are talking opinions here like a phone poll or something.  This is what is referred to as hard data.

It's a different animal.

Men's Rights Activist

So you feel the Bureau of Justice is part of the conspiracy?

Absolutely, overwhelmingly, without a doubt, as influenced by these evil criminals in DOJ:
Office On Violence Against Women
http://www.usdoj.gov/ovw/

The last time there was a "hearing" to renew VAWA, the criminals in the DOJ running the hearing didn't even allow testimony from male victims of domestic violence.  The Office On Violence Against Women isn't unAmerican, it is the enemy of America.

Cordell Walker

i prefer cannibis leaves to tea leaves  :laughing6:

I have already explained to you that  since  these  stats dont have a sperate category for  attacks perpetra ted by males with female involvement, they are irevelent

Men's Rights Activist

Are you calling me a liar because I'm using the stats provided by Dr. D early on in this thread?  That's interesting........

Please provide (show me) where Dr. E., not Dr. D., said "Less than 10% of the violent (domestic violence) attacks on men are perpetrated by women."  You appear to be all mixed up.

Go Up