Study: 30% of mothers and 40% of fathers are abused during a pregnancy

Started by ., Jul 06, 2007, 09:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Is "Who Me" a troll who is not truly debating?

Yes, she's a troll.  Ban her!
2 (10%)
Yes, she's a troll.  Refute her.
9 (45%)
Yes, she's a troll.  Ignore her.
4 (20%)
She's a thoughtful and fair debater.
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Go Down

Men's Rights Activist

Jul 09, 2007, 01:35 PM Last Edit: Jul 09, 2007, 01:40 PM by Men's Rights Activist
If I'm not totally off the mark the first was established in New England utilizing funds supplied by churches.

There is nothing keeping men's groups from doing the same thing.  Prove the need and the money will come.

Prove how many men are turned away each year.  It doesn't have to be an either/or when it comes to the funding.  Just prove the need.

Don't be surprised when the women's groups prove a greater need.  There are women and children that are turned away from overcrowded shelters everyday.  That is a fact you can expect to be brought forward.

You appear to be ignorant of the history of the shelter movement and the way the gender feminist forces have worked through it to destroy men.

http://donrayadventures.blogspot.com/2006/05/most-remarkable-woman-in-twikenham.html

Before long, Erin opened the first domestic abuse shelter in the world.

Today, the shelter she created is still in operation, but it operates without its founder. In fact, they don't allow her to go near the shelter. The official history of the shelter does not include the name Erin Pizzey.

Erin Pizzey was able to find the seeds of domestic violence in the abusers -- she traced it back to their childhood. She traced it to abandonment of some sort.

And she came to believe that it could happen to little boys as well as little girls -- and both would grow up to abuse their partners -- physically or emotionally or both.

She says that when she suggested that men could be the victims of abusive female partners, she became the target of the women's movement. There was no room in the women's movement, she says, for any notion that women could do the things that those dastardly men did. She says the foundation of the women's movement evolved into an organized plan to label every man as someone who would eventually abuse his female partner.

It wasn't the philosophy she had adopted when she had joined the women's movement. She says she had been fighting for equality between the sexes, but the leaders of the movement chose an all out war against men.

and

There are other women who are crying "foul" -- psychologists, social workers, police officers, lawyers, judges, legislators and even women who run "battered women shelters" -- shelters they believe should be available to men who are living with abusive, violent and dangerous women.

Erin Pizzey and many other women who have worked to help victims of domestic violence believe that society has turned its back on men -- men who also need counseling, support and access to shelters so that they can escape the violence.

There's a bigger story -- several women have told me. It's about how the role and identify men has gotten lost in a movement that had good intentions -- but that somehow went astray. The real victims, they say, are the children who still witness abuse -- children who they say are likely to grow up to be abusers.

Men and women alike.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Men's Rights Activist

Have you ever read a syllabus for one of these classes or are you just telling me what you have read in articles?

I have, and have read, their text books and have attended some of their on campus conferences among other, much wider exposure to them.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Virtue

Get the numbers and the funding will come.

Better Idea destroy the funding and then see what happens.
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

who me?

I agree with you completely about Mary Winkler.  She is the poster child for exactly what we are discussing.

Why not go to the state legislatures?  You know, the guy that pass laws for the various states?

The majority of them are men just in case you didn't know.

Yes and I acknowledge and have stated on this board several times that a part of men's problems are caused by these men. Angel wing earning losers who wish to sell the rest of us guys out so they can get some man merit badge from women who don't care about them. I agree part of the problem is men not treating women as equals and pedistalizing them. But I also acknowlegde that women's groups pressure judges and prosecutors. A lot of the pressure in the Duke case was from women's groups pushing the failed stereotype that women never lie about rape. In the Winkler case and with the Yates case, women's groups pressured as well. With Yates women's groups pressured for her not to get the death penalty citing Post Pardum Psychosis as some legit illness.

Yes there are angel wing earners who make it harder for men and I curse those male succophants to hell but I also see that women pressure these men using the age old notion that men wish to please women to their benefit. Similar to using a boyfriend to do all the fighting for you.

In most cases women actually perform more evil than men. What is worse, the person who commits the bad act or the puppet master one step removed who manipulates the situation knowing the outcome is unfairness or violence? Is it the pit bull who mauls someone that's bad or the owner who doesn't call it off or encourages it to attack.

Quote from: who me?
If someone is completely innocent; why the need to lie under oath?

That similar to "Why do you need privacy if you have nothing to hide." or "All suspects are guilty or they wouldn't be suspect."

What I am amazed about is how feminists have horrific blockage of history and the effects of oppressive governments. They acknowledge women's oppression but ignore that the components of oppression are the things being violated by the courts today. Guilty till proven innocent. Abolsihment of privacy. Suspect based on the word of someone belonging to a priviledged class. Those are all things that women suffered under. So why back it now? Women's history won't be any different than men's. You'll have or have had your own Stalins, Hitlers, Kim Jung Ils, Mao and worse, you'll ignore history and welcome them with open arms.

If you will recall what my first posts in this thread were about 62.5% of violence suffered by men was at the hands of other men.  Yet the focus is the 9.7% of the violent attacks on men perpetrated by women.

My point was that you can not scream about the small percentage on one side while ignoring the large percentage on the other and expect to be taken seriously.

I don't buy one gender being able to perpetrate more evil than the other whether by manipulation or force.  Surely you are not pushing the notion that men are unable to reason?

The way I see it each and every individual is repsonsible for their own actions.  Maybe it works to point at someone and say they made me do it when you are 6.  But barring a gun being put to your head...someone else can not force you to make stupid choices.  Those choices are made by the individual and the consequences for those actions should be accepted for them.

I'm not a big one for excuses.

And I don't watch Nancy Grace.  So any agenda she pushes is not even on my radar scope.

As far as the female teachers and the sexual abuse issue there.  They do not get my support.  Teachers have a special type of power over students.  After all they hold that grade right in their palms.  A teacher can make or break a student's educational career.  That puts them in a position of power that should not be abused for any reason.

I don't make excuses for teachers that rape students regardless of the gender of the victim or the rapist.

What I have noticed from other forums is when the teacher is attractive many of the male posters start with the "ata boy" type statements.  It is the women that will condemn the actions and the teacher.

That's not something I can help you with.  The only thing I get if I speak up is the "you don't understand the mind of a 14 year old boy.  I would have done that when I was 14."  That is angle only men can address to other men.  But I'm afraid it falls into the same category as the abused husband thing or the male on male rape thing.  There are some subjects that some men just can not discuss on an adult level.

Sexual abuse of a child should not be excused or ignored.  Anyone guilty of that most disgusting crime should be prosecuted to the fullest extent the law will allow.

And no I do not ignore history.  But thanks for assuming to know what I think.

Men's Rights Activist

For generations the pendulum was swinging in favor of men's rights.  Women's rights were an afterthought at best.

Hogwash!

Historically, men and women have both faced discrimination and oppression, but in different ways.  I would never, ever say women have had if worse than men.

Voting rights are just one example of the big, one sided gender lie being taught in women's studies courses on college campuses, then picked up in pop media and passed on as truth.

http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/a-b/blumhorst/2005/blumhorst052805.htm
Remembering America's War Dead Who Never Had the Right to Vote

How many of these men went on to die for America without ever having the right to vote?

Do you think they are still just "stupid," "cute" "cartoons?"

Mr. X

Jul 09, 2007, 01:53 PM Last Edit: Jul 09, 2007, 01:59 PM by Mr. X
It is a numbers game plain and simple.  Get the numbers and the funding will come.

Sorry but I don't see men as yet another chirping baby bird victim group demanding a worm from the grand mommy and daddy. Unlike SOME people, I think men accept that there isn't some endless pot of money somewhere and that being a spoiled demanding child is not a solution. Someone has to be the adult, the provider, the person who makes things happen. We know that ain't going to be women as long as they hold on to their victim status. Not everyone can be a chirping baby bird.

Replacing men with the government as sugar daddy is merely handing the leash from one owner to another. As an MRA I want women to lose the funding, lose the programs, lose the priviledge, lose the advantages and to be my equal. If women are equal to men then they don't need special programs or the goverment to "make things fair".

The object is to get rid of the mommy pig with teets not to add one more piggie to the dependant piggies.

My point was that you can not scream about the small percentage on one side while ignoring the large percentage on the other and expect to be taken seriously.

Like focusing on women not being CEOs but ignoring the 5 times more men who die on the job? Or ignoring the vast amount of men who do brutal, hard, dirty and tedious labor. Watch "The World's Dirtiest Jobs" on discovery. I didn't see a whole lot of women at the San Fransisco sewage treatment plant.

Yes part of my arguement is women do EXACTLY what you complain the men here do. They do this i a general sense as well. They focus on the very tiny minority of men who commit rape but ignore the men who build the vast amount of sky scrapers, bridges, dams, mines, air craft, cars etc. Nearly all the modern technology you have to day was also built BY MEN. But that appears to be ignored as well.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

who me?

If I'm not totally off the mark the first was established in New England utilizing funds supplied by churches.

There is nothing keeping men's groups from doing the same thing.  Prove the need and the money will come.

Prove how many men are turned away each year.  It doesn't have to be an either/or when it comes to the funding.  Just prove the need.

Don't be surprised when the women's groups prove a greater need.  There are women and children that are turned away from overcrowded shelters everyday.  That is a fact you can expect to be brought forward.

You appear to be ignorant of the history of the shelter movement and the way the gender feminist forces have worked through it to destroy men.

http://donrayadventures.blogspot.com/2006/05/most-remarkable-woman-in-twikenham.html

Before long, Erin opened the first domestic abuse shelter in the world.

Today, the shelter she created is still in operation, but it operates without its founder. In fact, they don't allow her to go near the shelter. The official history of the shelter does not include the name Erin Pizzey.

Erin Pizzey was able to find the seeds of domestic violence in the abusers -- she traced it back to their childhood. She traced it to abandonment of some sort.

And she came to believe that it could happen to little boys as well as little girls -- and both would grow up to abuse their partners -- physically or emotionally or both.

She says that when she suggested that men could be the victims of abusive female partners, she became the target of the women's movement. There was no room in the women's movement, she says, for any notion that women could do the things that those dastardly men did. She says the foundation of the women's movement evolved into an organized plan to label every man as someone who would eventually abuse his female partner.

It wasn't the philosophy she had adopted when she had joined the women's movement. She says she had been fighting for equality between the sexes, but the leaders of the movement chose an all out war against men.

and

There are other women who are crying "foul" -- psychologists, social workers, police officers, lawyers, judges, legislators and even women who run "battered women shelters" -- shelters they believe should be available to men who are living with abusive, violent and dangerous women.

Erin Pizzey and many other women who have worked to help victims of domestic violence believe that society has turned its back on men -- men who also need counseling, support and access to shelters so that they can escape the violence.

There's a bigger story -- several women have told me. It's about how the role and identify men has gotten lost in a movement that had good intentions -- but that somehow went astray. The real victims, they say, are the children who still witness abuse -- children who they say are likely to grow up to be abusers.

Men and women alike.

Did I say men should be ignored?

Please quote where I did.

I did give you a basic blueprint on how to go about getting the funding.  Sorry it was lost on you.  But you seem to be more interested in doing the gottcha instead of discussing or debating anything.

Approach the need of the funding.  Go to charities and see if they will pitch in.  You maybe surprised.  But to push to shut down the women's shelters with the if I can't have it neither can you mindset is counter-productive.

It smacks of vindictiveness.  

Follow the blueprint that started the women's shelters.  It's has proved itself to be a success.

Why is that a problem?

You need to develop a can do attitude instead of this oh we can't do it thing.

who me?

Get the numbers and the funding will come.

Better Idea destroy the funding and then see what happens.

Funding for college?

You are kidding right?

Funding for stupid classes, yeah.  It should be kicked to the curb.  But the women's study type classes are just a few on a very long list.

Men's Rights Activist

Jul 09, 2007, 01:56 PM Last Edit: Jul 09, 2007, 02:06 PM by Men's Rights Activist
If you will recall what my first posts in this thread were about 62.5% of violence suffered by men was at the hands of other men.  Yet the focus is the 9.7% of the violent attacks on men perpetrated by women.

Once again you leave out some very important stats that I know have been brought up,  but here they are graphically showing the very vioent side of women.

The Gonzman

If someone is completely innocent; why the need to lie under oath?

I was commenting on Gonzo bragging about doing just that.  It wasn't a hypothetical.

But no, I would not lie under oath.  Maybe you do not take an oath as a serious thing?

So are you implying that a moral code is something you can just set asside?  So the ends justify the means?

Is that the message?

Absofuckinglutely.

This system you arte in such awe of has completely abrogated any claim to morality.  Any claim at all.  And in ways that are legion.

Yes ma'am.  I have done many things that skate on the edge of the law, jumped through loopholes, and even outright subverted a corrupt system designed to put men in lose-lose situations.  I have paid men as day laborers so they had money to buy Birthday presents for their kids.  I have let them stay rent free to give them time to get their act together.  I have let near ex wives who have taken restraining orders out on them know they are staying with me, wait for them to call when I KNOW they will, and then sent the cops after THEM - so their husbands get the kids.  I have helped police nail exes in drug stings.  I have held onto property for men so they HAVE it.

And fugginay right, I have lied.  When I watch a man get the snot beat out of him over and over, come out of his house bloody, and the fucking sheriffs pull up and start to arrest him, I have told them I saw it start, and her start it - because she always does.

I've paid for lawyers, paid bail, paid back child support for guys down on their luck.  I have spent thousands in money, goods, and time helping out my brothers.  Tens of thousands - maybe more.

You?  What the fuck have you done - besides run your mouth?

Because of my efforts there are a bunch of men who have their kids or access to them, who have a life, who have kept their property, and their sanity.  You?

And you know what?  Since there are kids who haven't had their Daddies ripped out of their life - I can live with that, and sleep soundly.  There is a greater good.  Without a doubt, those ends do indeed justify those means.

And if you value your precious "system" over that, your moral poverty is without bounds.  And you dare preach to me from your high perch?

Get your fingernails dirty for twenty or so years, then you might be worthy to dare toi criticize me.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

who me?

For generations the pendulum was swinging in favor of men's rights.  Women's rights were an afterthought at best.

Hogwash!

Historically, men and women have both faced discrimination and oppression, but in different ways.  I would never, ever say women have had if worse than men.

Voting rights are just one example of the big, one sided gender lie being taught in women's studies courses on college campuses, then picked up in pop media and passed on as truth.

http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/a-b/blumhorst/2005/blumhorst052805.htm
Remembering America's War Dead Who Never Had the Right to Vote

How many of these men went on to die for America without ever having the right to vote?

They do take up a ton of screen space don't they and what do they accomplish?

Women did not have the right to vote in national elections before 1920.  They were not allowed to by part of a jury until 1939.  We had no control over land left to us by our husbands after they died until the late 1800's.  Maybe that isn't significant to you?  It is well documented history, not some fantasy.

Yeah, men had it tough but they did have basic legal rights.

Maybe you need to brush up on your history.  It needs just a bit of a tweek.

Mr. X

Jul 09, 2007, 02:03 PM Last Edit: Jul 09, 2007, 02:10 PM by Mr. X

I did give you a basic blueprint on how to go about getting the funding.  Sorry it was lost on you.  But you seem to be more interested in doing the gottcha instead of discussing or debating anything.

Approach the need of the funding.  Go to charities and see if they will pitch in.  You maybe surprised.  But to push to shut down the women's shelters with the if I can't have it neither can you mindset is counter-productive.

It smacks of vindictiveness.  

Follow the blueprint that started the women's shelters.  It's has proved itself to be a success.

Why is that a problem?

You need to develop a can do attitude instead of this oh we can't do it thing.

That actually won't work. For example, California and Seattle both have ordnances that prevent any state money from being used in men's shelters. Only two men's shelters exist in the US and both are privately funded. My tax money goes to benefit women, not men.

As for your repeated statesments of "get up and do something", that is what this board is here for. To educate men. To wake them up. To provide a place for them to go and see they are not alone. For them to wake up and stop selling themselves out for women. To get them to go out and demand equality.

So YES we are doing something. But it doesn't happen over night. Would you prefer torches in the streets and heads on posts?

Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

The Gonzman

Jul 09, 2007, 02:03 PM Last Edit: Jul 09, 2007, 02:22 PM by Gonzokid

Completely predictable.   Next you will start with the attacks on sexuality ( your gay or you cant get laid) followed by your just all bitter......I can go on.....your bullshit is predictable because we have heard it so frequently.  Enjoy your pussy pass while it lasts.

She already pulled that a few pages back, AS I HAD FORESEEN..

Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Men's Rights Activist

Jul 09, 2007, 02:04 PM Last Edit: Jul 09, 2007, 02:07 PM by Men's Rights Activist

I did give you a basic blueprint on how to go about getting the funding.  Sorry it was lost on you.  But you seem to be more interested in doing the gottcha instead of discussing or debating anything

You said to justify and document the need and I've more than pointed out to you that the entire domestic violence industry has been completely hijacked by radical feminists who fraudulently control the documentation.  Are you obtuse are just obdurate?  It is you who are clearly ignoring the valid needs of men, while trying to push a bogus agenda fraudulently attributing domestic violence to men.  Your insulting, patronizing communications are consistently abusive.

who me?

It is a numbers game plain and simple.  Get the numbers and the funding will come.

Sorry but I don't see men as yet another chirping baby bird victim group demanding a worm from the grand mommy and daddy. Unlike SOME people, I think men accept that there isn't some endless pot of money somewhere and that being a spoiled demanding child is not a solution. Someone has to be the adult, the provider, the person who makes things happen. We know that ain't going to be women as long as they hold on to their victim status. Not everyone can be a chirping baby bird.

Replacing men with the government as sugar daddy is merely handing the leash from one owner to another. As an MRA I want women to lose the funding, lose the programs, lose the priviledge, lose the advantages and to be my equal. If women are equal to men then they don't need special programs or the goverment to "make things fair".

The object is to get rid of the mommy pig with teets not to add one more piggie to the dependant piggies.

Like focusing on women not being CEOs but ignoring the 5 times more men who die on the job? Or ignoring the vast amount of men who do brutal, hard, dirty and tedious labor. Watch "The World's Dirtiest Jobs" on discovery. I didn't see a whole lot of women at the San Fransisco sewage treatment plant.

Yes part of my arguement is women do EXACTLY what you complain the men here do. They do this i a general sense as well. They focus on the very tiny minority of men who commit rape but ignore the men who build the vast amount of sky scrapers, bridges, dams, mines, air craft, cars etc. Nearly all the modern technology you have to day was also built BY MEN. But that appears to be ignored as well.

What I stated is that you guys complain about women doing such and then turn right around and do the same thing.

You just demonstrated that point.

Go Up