Study: 30% of mothers and 40% of fathers are abused during a pregnancy

Started by ., Jul 06, 2007, 09:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Is "Who Me" a troll who is not truly debating?

Yes, she's a troll.  Ban her!
2 (10%)
Yes, she's a troll.  Refute her.
9 (45%)
Yes, she's a troll.  Ignore her.
4 (20%)
She's a thoughtful and fair debater.
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Go Down

The Gonzman

Women did not have the right to vote in national elections before 1920.  They were not allowed to by part of a jury until 1939.  We had no control over land left to us by our husbands after they died until the late 1800's.  Maybe that isn't significant to you?  It is well documented history, not some fantasy.

Yeah, men had it tough but they did have basic legal rights.

Maybe you need to brush up on your history.  It needs just a bit of a tweek.

Were you born in 1896?  No?

Then you have never been "oppwessed" in that way.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

who me?

If you will recall what my first posts in this thread were about 62.5% of violence suffered by men was at the hands of other men.  Yet the focus is the 9.7% of the violent attacks on men perpetrated by women.

My point was that you can not scream about the small percentage on one side while ignoring the large percentage on the other and expect to be taken seriously.

Once again you leave out some very important stats that I know have been brought up,  but here they are graphically showing the very vioent side of women.

Do you think they are still just "stupid," "cute" "cartoons?"

They do take up tons of space don't they?  Are you unable to discuss without graphics?

Read back, Gonzo was able to verbalize the same thing.  I responded and if you will take the time to notice you will see I do not excuse or ignore.

On the other hand you want to cry over the 9.7% of violent attacks perpetrated by women on men and then ignore the opposite stats.

Kettle, meet pot.

who me?

Women did not have the right to vote in national elections before 1920.  They were not allowed to by part of a jury until 1939.  We had no control over land left to us by our husbands after they died until the late 1800's.  Maybe that isn't significant to you?  It is well documented history, not some fantasy.

No but I'm very grateful the laws changed.

Why does it wad you panties so? 

The Gonzman

What I stated is that you guys complain about women doing such and then turn right around and do the same thing.

You just demonstrated that point.

Payback is a motherfucker, ain't it?

We learned our lessons well.  Little late for you to complain about what dirty pool it is after enjoying your ill-gotten gains all these years.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Mr. X

So if you remember history then should women perpetuate the same mistakes with guilty till proven innocent, word of the priviledged class, theft of property, stereotyping of one group as the bad guy?

You keep playing this back and forth game of when its men who lose rights you seem to ignore it but when its about women's rights we better damn well remember their lost rights. If it isn't a game and there is no score and is no teams then does it make sense to bring up crap that happened in eras past? Is this some collective debt that will never be paid? Damn men cause they owe for something done decades or even centuries earlier?

If collectivism is a fallacy then its a fallacy for all not just when its convienent.

Also what about the vast majority of men oppressed? All the men who built the pyramids, the cities, the buildings... the men who worked as slaves. Very few people in history actually had rights.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

The Gonzman

Seems to wad yours pretty badly for never having suffered such "oppression."  Is it a psychic thing?

Hey - my Native American ancestors suffered at the hands of yours.  And?  So what?  So someone, somewhere, in history who only shares with you tits and a cunt got hit by a man.  Big fucking whoop.

Men's Rights Activist

They do take up tons of space don't they?  Are you unable to discuss without graphics?

Read back, Gonzo was able to verbalize the same thing.  I responded and if you will take the time to notice you will see I do not excuse or ignore.

On the other hand you want to cry over the 9.7% of violent attacks perpetrated by women on men and then ignore the opposite stats.

Kettle, meet pot.

Hogwash!

I clearly show in your post that you are hypocritically ignoring the violence committed by women against their children, while calling on men to acknowledge men's violence.  Clearly, it all deserves to be put out on the table at domestic violence committee meetings, but you, like the gender feminists, espouse some kind of self-righteous imperative to hold men accountable for their violence, while at the same time ignoring women's violence.  You pick and choose and try to present yourself with authority, but the foul stench of your gender bigoted inequities are more fitting for a cesspool.  A place, I might add, the entire domestic violence industry deserves to be.

Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

who me?

So if you remember history then should women perpetuate the same mistakes with guilty till proven innocent, word of the priviledged class, theft of property, stereotyping of one group as the bad guy?

You keep playing this back and forth game of when its men who lose rights you seem to ignore it but when its about women's rights we better damn well remember their lost rights. If it isn't a game and there is no score and is no teams then does it make sense to bring up crap that happened in eras past? Is this some collective debt that will never be paid? Damn men cause they owe for something done decades or even centuries earlier?

If collectivism is a fallacy then its a fallacy for all not just when its convienent.

Also what about the vast majority of men oppressed? All the men who built the pyramids, the cities, the buildings... the men who worked as slaves. Very few people in history actually had rights.

Very true.

Does that make my rights any less valuable than yours?

I have no desire to deprive you of any rights at all.

So is there a point to this post?  Because I'm having problems seeing any point to this one.  Could you give me a list of rights that you have lost because of my existence?

who me?

Seems to wad yours pretty badly for never having suffered such "oppression."  Is it a psychic thing?

Hey - my Native American ancestors suffered at the hands of yours.  And?  So what?  So someone, somewhere, in history who only shares with you tits and a cunt got hit by a man.  Big fucking whoop.

You could save lots of keystrokes by typing in:

I'm angry, I have no point but I felt like posting this.

It would mean more than some of the tripe you try so hard to pass for deep thought.

who me?

Kettle, meet pot.

Hogwash!

I clearly show in your post that you are hypocritically ignoring the violence committed by women against their children, while calling on men to acknowledge men's violence.  Clearly, it all deserves to be put out on the table at domestic violence committee meetings, but you, like the gender feminists, espouse some kind of self-righteous imperative to hold men accountable for their violence, while at the same time ignoring women's violence.  You pick and choose and try to present yourself with authority, but the foul stench of your gender bigoted inequities are more fitting for a cesspool.  A place, I might add, the entire domestic violence industry deserves to be.

Nope, I do not excuse violence.

I'll leave it to people like you to make the excuses.

You seem to have a knack for it.

Men's Rights Activist

In a style consistent with your other ignorant posts, you reveal that you've failed to read what I sent.  Clearly, the information sent points out inequity in voting rights, and other rights, for both genders.  Regarding voting rights, the information points out which has been more severely discriminated against in recent history - men.  Of all the men and women born in the 20th century, men have had their voting rights far more egregiously violated than women.  If you don't understand that then you are ignorant of history and need to do your homework.

As far as your consistent name calling and patronizing and impertinent verbal attacks, it looks to me like you need to get yourself to a batterers intervention program for serious counseling for your abusiveness.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Men's Rights Activist

Nope, I do not excuse violence.

I'll leave it to people like you to make the excuses.

You seem to have a knack for it.

Although the good Dr. E may be away at conference, I specifically note and call his attention to the above libelous post and formally ask that the person who made the above statement officially be warned, or banned, from this site for abusive speech towards another site participant.  There is no truth whatsoever in the above villification and I am outraged that such lie is made.

Mr. X

Kettle, meet pot.

And has been shown on several occasions, women commit the majority of child abuse. You argue that men won't be taken seriously unless we acknowledge what happens to women. First off we HAVE acknowledged this for over 40 years. VAWA is FOR WOMAN. Nearly ALL federal funding for DV is FOR WOMEN.

But that door swings both ways. If you want men to help women should women also help men? If you want men to recognize hurt to women shouldn't women recognize the hurt and sacrifice made by men?

Your logic appears to be that only the perpetrator of violence is the issue and not the victim and so, if the victim and perpetrator are the same sex we should ignore the event. So if I get beat up by 5 football players my pain should be ignored because it was a crime of man on man? Women commit 60% of child abuse so if a woman beats a girl we should ignore it cause that's a crime of woman on woman? Women commit 100% of abortions so we should ignore India and China who have higher female fetus abortions cause its a crime of girl on girl?

Unlike some I'm not bawling about the 9% of women committing crimes. I concerned about the much larger majority of men who are victims of violent crime who are innocent and have done nothing to deserve it.

We should ignore the vast majority of victims of violence because the perps are the same sex? That's collectivist team playing something you claim you're against.

Its pretty clear here that women are NOT the biggest victims of violence yet you seem to demand that we focus on the female victims of violence. My stance is that its the victim who's the issue, not the perpetrator. Do we disallow women from being near children cause they commit the most violence against children?

So, according to you, if get beaten to death by a bunch of guys, my death should be ignored and I am not a victim cause its a crime of man on man?

And you have the gall to ask men here to worry about women if we want women to worry about us. I think that message applies to women more than men. We men put in over a half century helping women, listenning to your problems, changing, accomidating women's changes. But women have made little effort to help us.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Mr. X

Jul 09, 2007, 02:38 PM Last Edit: Jul 09, 2007, 03:01 PM by Mr. X

Could you give me a list of rights that you have lost because of my existence?

Under which queen?
How about I lost my right to pick my job because I had to support women and children?
How about I have to work hard, back breaking, laborious jobs to pay for my wife and kids.
How about I lost my right to life cause when a war breaks out I'm the one rounded up and killed first.
How about I lost my right to my life because I am the one called up to defend the country and give my life?
How about I lost my right to be safe cause I am the vast majority of cops, fire fighters, rescue workers, dangerous job workers?
How about I lost innocence till proven guilty based on your word in court when it comes to rape and sexual harrassment?
How about I lost my ability to be with children cause I am labelled a pedophile first and a man last. Check Quantis Airlines.
How about I lost my recognition of being victimized in my youth, beaten relentlessly to impress YOU as a woman?
How about I can't stand up for men until I stand up for women FIRST.
How about when a fight breaks out I'm the one expected to give my life to save a woman's ass but she doesn't have to save me. Check all the guilt trips run on the boys at Virginia Tech.
How about I lose the right to see my children cause your word can label me a sex offender or abuser and all I get is the right to pay the bills.
How about I can't have close male friends without being called gay.
How about I lost my right to medical help because women come before men. Breast cancer is the number one disease research in the country even though heart disease is the number one killer.
How about when there is a DV incident its assumed I am the bad guy and am arrested.
How about when I am beaten and abused there are no shelters for me to go to except prison.
How about nearly 93% of all federal funding for DV goes to women.
How about there is a VAWA act but no VAMA act.
How about I lose out on jobs cause women have affirmative action to take that job away from me.
How about when I don't watch a female anchor or female basketball I'm sexist but when women don't watch them they are choosey.
How about when the Titanic sinks you get the life boat and I get to die in the cold water.
How about in court your word as a woman means more than my word as a man.
How about I lose my sexual reproductive rights. I have no say in whether the child stays or goes. I must pay, period. I get responsibilities and women get choices. If the woman ditches the fetus its choice. If I don't want the child I'm supposed to "take care of my bizness". I can be sued for CS even if I donated to a sperm bank (check the UK and US).
How about if a woman hits me in public its a laugh but if I hit a woman back I will be beaten up by a group of guys.
How about women have much more services and lawyer services available for them for divorce.
How about I lose my right to be single. If I'm single I'm a deadbeat, afraid of responsibility or gay. If a woman is single she is empowered, independant and strong willed.
How about I lose my right to be a teacher. Only 14% of school teachers k-8 are male with less than 9% in kindergarden. If a woman works with kids its fine. When a man works with kids he's suspect of being a pedophile.
How about I have to risk my life to cross the border to get a job to support my wife and kids.
How about I go to debter's prison for not paying CS but women do not. If I chose not to support a kid I don't want then I go to jail. If a woman chooses not to support a kid she doesn't want its a choice.
How come I'm the vast majority of homeless.
How about I lost 7 to 10 years off my life expectancey cause women get more and better medical care than I do. Hospitals have women's health centers. They DON'T have men's health centers. And NO general medicine is NOT men's medicine.

Need more?

Virtue

Jesus I can be slow

Gah she's and ATTENTION WHORE !  she doesn't give a shit about anything other than the LOOK AT ME Factor

With that  being said I am just gonna read other stuff now and she will soon enough wither away.
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

Go Up