Study: 30% of mothers and 40% of fathers are abused during a pregnancy

Started by ., Jul 06, 2007, 09:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Is "Who Me" a troll who is not truly debating?

Yes, she's a troll.  Ban her!
2 (10%)
Yes, she's a troll.  Refute her.
9 (45%)
Yes, she's a troll.  Ignore her.
4 (20%)
She's a thoughtful and fair debater.
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Go Down

who me?

Nope, guess you missed what my primary career is all about.  I only teach on an adjunct level.  If you do not understand that word...........dictionary.com is a wonderful thing.

ad·junct  

ad·junct [ájjungkt]
n (plural ad·juncts)
1.  something extra added on: something inessential added to something else  
2.  assistant: somebody who assists and is subordinate to somebody else  
3.  grammar inessential part of sentence: a part of a sentence that is not the subject or predicate  

adj
attached temporarily to a staff: assigned temporarily or as an auxiliary member to the staff of an institution
an adjunct professor of art history

[Early 16th century. From Latin adjunctus , the past participle of adjungere (see adjoin).]

-ad·junc·tion [ə júngksh'n], n
-ad·junc·tive, adj
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

All that for part time?  I've been part of the adjunct faculty for 17 years.  How's that for temporary and unneeded? :laughing6:

Why would I want to take a $15,000 a year decrease in pay to become part of the full time faculty?  I teach because I love it.

I do research and development because it is my passion and it is highly profitable.  There is nothing cooler than building something and then testing it to its extreme limit.

Garak

Nope, guess you missed what my primary career is all about.  I only teach on an adjunct level.  If you do not understand that word...........dictionary.com is a wonderful thing.

ad·junct  

ad·junct [ájjungkt]
n (plural ad·juncts)
3.  grammar inessential part of sentence: a part of a sentence that is not the subject or predicate  

adj
attached temporarily to a staff: assigned temporarily or as an auxiliary member to the staff of an institution

[Early 16th century. From Latin adjunctus , the past participle of adjungere (see adjoin).]

-ad·junc·tive, adj
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

There is nothing cooler than building something and then testing it to its extreme limit.

Like propoganda perhaps?
I will stop staring at your boobs when you stop staring at my paycheck!

who me?

Our society is becoming more violent over a period of time.  In my opinion one of the reasons for that is the excuse making that goes on.  You know the........oh that happened because she is home with the kids more than he is or he was upset over child support..........etc...etc...etc.

So how do you explain violent crime rates DECLINING since 1994

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/viort.htm

Property crime rates declined
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/house2.htm

Rape has gone from 2.5/1000 to .5/1000 which is a decline of 500%
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/tables/viortrdtab.htm

And violent crime against both sexes have dropped
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/vsx2.htm

Sorry but your claim doesn't prove out. Society isn't getting more violent. Maybe this shows men do listen and act.

If what you posted is accurate............wouldn't it point to people in general listening?

Or is it your contention that men alone were responsible for violent acts in days gone bye?

I based my claim on the types of crimes we now see.  When I was a child you did not read about people being convicted of torture at the frequency of conviction for that crime today.

Maybe you are right and we are as a society on the right track.  Considering some of the trash you see in the local news and national news; you could easily come to a different conclusion.

It could be more of a level of violence over a frequency thing.

Either way; neither frequency or level should be ignored, excused, or tolerated.

a lot of  that has to do with the globalization of media, you see more of the seedy side now, its always been ther

Maybe not so much the globalization of the media; but the 24/7 reporting.  You know they do run out of national news and slip in lots of what could easily be viewed as local news only.

Commercialization of the media maybe?

CaptDMO

This is a fantastic study.  It takes on several myths promoted by gender feminists, namely:
1.  Domestic violence is perpetrated only by women
2.  If women perpetrate violence, it is only in self-defense against male violence
3.  If women initiate violence, it is only in self-defense against a pervasive patriarchal environment based on male power and privilege

Um...huh?

Holy smokes MRA, I can't believe you let her get you to do her homework for her!

who me?

ad·junct  

ad·junct [ájjungkt]
n (plural ad·juncts)

adj

-ad·junc·tive, adj

There is nothing cooler than building something and then testing it to its extreme limit.

Like propoganda perhaps?

More of the.............I didn't know what to post so I'll post this tripe?

What propoganda are you talking about anyway?

Would you like to quote some or is that request going to be just shifted aside since you can't.

Talking point booklet.........put it down.  I'm not working off any talking points.  I'm merely discussing issues.  If you are unable to do that, don't worry; I'll understand.

But at least give you opinion instead injecting this stupid remarks such as the one I quoted here.

It's a waste of space.

Garak

ad·junct  

ad·junct [ájjungkt]
n (plural ad·juncts)

adj

-ad·junc·tive, adj

Like propoganda perhaps?

Would you like to quote some or is that request going to be just shifted aside since you can't.

Talking point booklet.........put it down.  I'm not working off any talking points.  I'm merely discussing issues.  If you are unable to do that, don't worry; I'll understand.

But at least give you opinion instead injecting this stupid remarks such as the one I quoted here.

It's a waste of space.

These talking points you keep referring to, how do they differ from discussing issues? Is it because you disagree that they are talking points?

With that logic everything you say is nothing more than talking points. I am still waiting for you to answer my DIRECT question in another thread, quit stalling, spinning and running and answer it.

Men's Rights Activist

My advice to a man that is being abused is press charges and carry through with those charges.  But then my advice to a woman in that situation would be the same.

You are incessant in arguing obtusely, but never recognize that the reality of domestic violence law is biased against men as victims and in favor of women as victims.  Under zero tolerance and mandatory arrest police policies, if a woman is abusing her husband, and he reports it, police show up and arrest the man, because he is bigger.  Who do you suggest that men report their domestic violence to so they are not arrested by the biased, gender feminist trained police and so they are not prosecuted by the biased gender feminist trained prosecutors and so they are not convicted by the biased gender feminist trained judges and so they are not insulted by biased, obdurate gender feminist ideologues and their apologist ilk, etc., etc., etc.?

The biased domestic violence laws that empower violent women and deny services for battered men are responsible for many of the deaths of women, but hey it brings in more taxpayers dollars for the domestic violence industry and pays salaries for more women's studies graduates.  Violent women are empowered and emboldened by domestic violence laws and men are battered and made desperate by the same.  People who obdurately fail to see that and argue against that reality are despicably contributing to the carnage.  Shame on all those.  Admit how the domestic violence industry and domestic violence laws are corrupt, or just admit that you are a part of the problem - a big part of the problem.

Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

typhonblue

Wow, Johndias... that study was harrowing(although the PDF seems to be missing a page). Amazing that the abuse was so black and white and yet the women who were abusers still played the victim.

Erin Prizzy was right.

Mr. X

Or is it your contention that men alone were responsible for violent acts in days gone bye?

You're the one who wishes to look at the group who COMMITS violent crime NOT the group victimized by violent crime so I merely show stats showing that violent crime is declining. Again, when its a beneift then its men AND women. When its a detriment its JUST MEN.

But NOW that we have cleared up your attitude about the perpetrators of violent crime and you now admit BOTH men and women are culpable then we can get past this nonsense of dismissing the larger percentage of men who are victims because the perps are men.

The original article in this thread was about 30% women AND 40% MEN who are victimized during pregnancy. So why does the article ignore the larger 40% of men in favor of the smaller 30% women?
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Men's Rights Activist

Jul 18, 2007, 11:22 AM Last Edit: Jul 18, 2007, 11:27 AM by Men's Rights Activist
All that for part time?  I've been part of the adjunct faculty for 17 years.  How's that for temporary and unneeded?  :laughing6:

I know tons and tons and tons of part time faculty (temps), who've been teaching for decades, who can't get a full time job, but oh, have it your way.  :laughing6:

She's a thoughtful and fair debater. 25%
:laughing6:
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

who me?

ad·junct  

ad·junct [ájjungkt]
n (plural ad·juncts)

adj

-ad·junc·tive, adj

Like propoganda perhaps?

It's a waste of space.

These talking points you keep referring to, how do they differ from discussing issues? Is it because you disagree that they are talking points?

With that logic everything you say is nothing more than talking points. I am still waiting for you to answer my DIRECT question in another thread, quit stalling, spinning and running and answer it.

I answered you little question.

Sorry if you failed to comprehend.  Try reading out loud.  Maybe that will help.

Oh and you never addressed my quesiton.

So kettle, meet pot.

Men's Rights Activist

Jul 18, 2007, 11:32 AM Last Edit: Jul 18, 2007, 11:35 AM by Men's Rights Activist

Sorry if you failed to comprehend.  Try reading out loud.  Maybe that will help.

So kettle, meet pot.

ergo:  Nah, nah, na, nah, nah 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/savagewave/366370783/

What brilliant academic argumentation, but hey, when you are being erudite and testing to the limits, the politically correct, gender feminist, inner child must be allowed her say.

Mr. X

So who me? Are we all straightened out now? Did you fix us all? Did you set all us men straight and put us in our place so we have nothing to complain about? Now we men should get back to servicing help women? Did all your little quips and obtuse comments  prove we men are all unreasonable, have no case and only women need help in this world?

BTW you demand answers to questions.

Out of the original article that started this thread its specifically states 33% of mothers and 40% of fathers suffer some kind of abuse during pregnancy yet it then goes on to ONLY DISCUSS ISSUES WITH WOMEN. Do you think its fair to ignore the larger percentage hurt in this situation?
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Garak

ad·junct  

ad·junct [ájjungkt]
n (plural ad·juncts)

adj

-ad·junc·tive, adj

Like propoganda perhaps?

It's a waste of space.

So kettle, meet pot.

You indirectly answered it but I don't accept your spin. Try again!

dr e

I am still waiting for you to answer my question:  How could a 2-1 ratio of women to men in the sample skew the results of the studies in question?  I suggest you answer my question.  You have made a claim and now you need to back it up.  This is a direct request for the admin.  If you don't reply you will get a warning.

I am waiting to hear this.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Go Up