I wish I had some sympathy

Started by The Gonzman, Jul 17, 2007, 04:17 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

The Gonzman

I will make a long story short.

While at Wal-Mart I ran into someone who has on occasion been a thorn in the side of me by his opposition to the divorced/single father's group I used to run; the usual accusations of "You guys are whiners" and "You sound just like feminists" and "Yeah, it's wrong, suck it up and be a man."

So what's up with him?  He wishes my group was still around (It is, but we got weary of being driven out of public spaces for "exclusion of women" and operate by word of mouth, and meet in private homes.) because last year, his wife left him, he got stuck paying child support for three children, rarely gets to see them, and it turns out the middle child is probably not his.

And his kids are calling her new man "Daddy Mike" and he probably is the real father of the middle one.

I wish I could muster some sympathy.  And I know I probably should have said "Here - Tuesday nights at seven, over at this address."  But you know what?  I've put up with a lot of this shit over the years from assorted morons, and I'm just weary of people like him, who put the blinkers on, stick their head in the sand, and won't see what goes on until their own balls are in a vice.

And it isn't just the dismissal, this fuckwidget used to be on the board of a property we used, who was a driving force behind expelling us, at his wife's bidding - same feminazi wife who fucked him over.  So I can't help thinking, "There ya go, bitch.  And it couldn't have been more poetic justice.  Fucking suffer. What you get for being a mangina lapdog, looking for your pat on the head.  Whiner.  Suck it up and be a man!"

*sigh* My vacation is coming up.  I think I need it.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

K9

That's why I'm here in the first place: sympathy for my fellow man /parent derived from an inflated sense of what is Constitutional.

That fuck-wad didn't deserve your help. Lack of understanding on his part is one thing. Being an ass about it is another.

Chances are he would have been the typical guy; advocating for Men's Rights as long as his pocket and lifestyle are affected. He eventually would have said "fuck em, I've paid my dues, let the rest of them suffer."

We know what cause it; competititon and probably a homophobic reaction that equates understanding the problems of other males to a gay experience.

Explaining misandry to a feminist is like explaining "wet" to a fish.

poiuyt

But when the proverbial mangina is an uncle, brother, god-father or other in-law, too old school to know any better ...

... then what ?

dr e

I hear ya Gonz and don't blame you a bit for not including him.  He is potentially lethal to your group ;until you know for sure that he is understanding.  Maybe wait for a while and see if he apologizes sincerely for his past mistakes.  Maybe he can turn it around but I think you are wise to take it slow and see what happens. 

OTOH, we need numbers.   :dontknow:
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

TheManOnTheStreet

I donno Gonz... No apology for past deeds?  Then wants you to "help" him?  Now if he said that he was sorry for what he had done in the past, understood what you were trying to do then, and now wants your help... that would be a different matter. 

E, we do need the nunbers for sure, but if this guy cannot even muster an apology prior to requesting help or support... just how much did he actually learn?  How much does he really understand now?

Just like the anti<what-have-yous>... they could care less until it affects them.  Then all of a sudden, they are "on your side" and "understand". 

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

dr e

Agree comjpletely Al.  An apology and understanding of his misandrous role is essential.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

The Gonzman

I hear ya Gonz and don't blame you a bit for not including him.  He is potentially lethal to your group ;until you know for sure that he is understanding.  Maybe wait for a while and see if he apologizes sincerely for his past mistakes.  Maybe he can turn it around but I think you are wise to take it slow and see what happens. 

OTOH, we need numbers.   :dontknow:

Yeah, I know.  Thing is - at what price comes those numbers?

Feminists sold their souls for success.

I see the same haunted look in his eyes, the same thousand yard stare, and instead of compassion, all I can feel for this ass is schaedenfreude, a sense of, "Yeah - get it now, MOTHERFUCKER?"  All I see is this assmaggot talking about what "whiners" we were.  Saying, "Even if this is true, I have to wonder what you did to your ex-wives to make them so angry at you?"

And the ever popular, "Your problem is that you're a bunch of crybabies who don't want to be patient and let the system work."

Mmmm.  How's that working for you now, punk?  Now that you see that every day without your children is like an eternity?  The agony of not knowing how they are, what they are doing, of not being able to look in on them at night, read them a story, tuck them in.  How's that "patience" thing doing now?  What was it you said?  Haven't seen the kids since before Christmas?

Mmmm. I see.  And the court won't enforce its order for visitation - but you miss a couple weeks of Child Support, and they are on you like stink on shit?

Imagine that. Who'd have thunk?

How does it feel to pick up all three of the kids, and look at the one, and know she's a result of betrayal?

How's it feel to look at the house you bought, and know it's not yours - but you have to pay for it?  How's it feel to be working 8 - 5 because you had to sell off your business  - that you were building before you even met her - so she could get her half?  How's it feel to know "Mike" is tucking your kids in, reading them stories, picking them up from school, and then fucking their mother - all in the house you had built with your money, while she just sat home and lived off you?  Gee, I guess that does happen.  Or are you just "exaggerating" the situation?

"I never knew divorce court was that bad..."  Well ... in fact you did.  You just chose to label the messengers "whiners" and "liars."

I almost hate to say it, but to be perfectly honest, the way this cheese dick has acted in the past - I think his best value to the movement would be to blow his fucking head off and pad the statistics.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

devia

Maybe the guy doesn't even remember what he said?

Perhaps you should first remind him, then go from there.

The Gonzman

I donno Gonz... No apology for past deeds?  Then wants you to "help" him?  Now if he said that he was sorry for what he had done in the past, understood what you were trying to do then, and now wants your help... that would be a different matter. 

Oh, he talks the talk, now .. there's just a lot of deeds that went along with this.  Lot of back history.

Remember when I said that back in  - oh, 96? - I had thrown my support behind a Democrat for prosecutor, who promised us he'd work to enforce visitation, put a human face when he did CS collections, and go after deadbeat moms?  Then backstabbed us?  This guy was a party vice-chariman, and when we wanted "Hey, you promised us this, and aren't delivering it" he ripped us quite a new one, and went into vendetta mode.

TheManOnTheStreet

"I almost hate to say it, but to be perfectly honest, the way this cheese dick has acted in the past - I think his best value to the movement would be to blow his fucking head off and pad the statistics."

Ditto Gonz.

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Virtue

I promise you he will revert back to his old behavior the second a willing vagina comes in range.
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

The Gonzman

Maybe the guy doesn't even remember what he said?

Perhaps you should first remind him, then go from there.

Oh, he knows.

Crusoe

Jul 17, 2007, 07:14 AM Last Edit: Jul 17, 2007, 07:26 AM by Crusoe
Chances are he would have been the typical guy; advocating for Men's Rights as long as his pocket and lifestyle are affected. He eventually would have said "fuck em, I've paid my dues, let the rest of them suffer."

We know what cause it; competititon and probably a homophobic reaction that equates understanding the problems of other males to a gay experience.

I think what we have here is a simple garden variety individual pos, not something that's typical of men. Yesterday angel wing earning was good for him. Today men's rights is good for him. Tomorrow angel wing earning may be good for him again. "Yeah, it's wrong, suck it up and be a man" says it all IMO. Outside of a very sincere and obviously heartfelt apology all this guy deserves is a 'STFU and be a man about it.'

Men's Rights Activist

Jul 17, 2007, 07:51 AM Last Edit: Jul 17, 2007, 07:56 AM by Men's Rights Activist
I wish I could muster some sympathy.  And I know I probably should have said "Here - Tuesday nights at seven, over at this address."  But you know what?  I've put up with a lot of this shit over the years from assorted morons, and I'm just weary of people like him,

I think I might have been tempted to advise him to go out and find a new progressive woman, who stands up for all the gender feminist women's rights issues and opposes Patriarchies historical oppression of women.  Would that be unsympathetic?  Nah, just a test to see if he's still as big an idiot and fool as he previously was.  I have serious doubts he's learned his lesson yet.  I say, "Send him back to his gender feminist allies for another round of Misanrdy 101."
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Cordell Walker

this just sounds like another case of dog day or the chickens coming home to roost
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Go Up