Average (302 votes)

Rate it:
Sign in to rate!

Read all 50 comments TOOLS

Email Article
Printable View
Add to del.icio.us
Add to Digg
1. Getting angry at us for not reading your mind is like getting angry at yourself for not being able to fly. It's not just futile, it's physically impossible.
2. Yes, we do think Jessica Alba is hot. Sometimes we're even dumb enough to admit it.
3. Don't ask us to understand your shoe fetish. Asking us to respect it is even sort of pushing it.
4. You do look good without makeup, just not as good as you look with it.
5. Ever notice how we don't fight with our male friends? That's why we get so frustrated when we fight with you.
6. You care what you're wearing infinitely more than we do. In fact, if you're naked when you open the front door, you won't hear an argument from us.
7. You don't like to get hit on in public, you don't want to date online and you don't want to be set up on blind dates. Tell us if sending messenger pigeons is an appropriate way of courting. Because if it is, we're all over it.
There should a statute of limitations on stupid things that we said that can come back to haunt us
There should a statute of limitations on stupid things that we said that can come back to haunt us. I propose 24 hours.
9. Cooking dinner for a man is like buying flowers for a woman, except it takes a lot more time, effort and thought for you to do it. Thanks. We appreciate it.
10. We actually like your girly pet-names for us, but please, not in front of the guys!
11. Just because we like looking at the women in Maxim doesn't mean we want to actually converse with the women in Maxim. Not for long, anyway.
12. Your nice guy friends are the most reliable source for telling you if your new boyfriend's a jerk. And he probably is. (By the way, you might want to consider marrying that nice guy who's giving you advice about the jerk.)

Dating coach and author Evan Marc Katz has been featured on Today, Extra and CNN. He is the founder of online dating consulting service E-Cyrano.com, and his book "Why You're Still Single: Things Your Friends Would Tell You If You Promised Not to Get Mad" is available at bookstores now. He's on the web at evanmarckatz.com .

http://dating.personals.yahoo.com/singles/datingtips/16758/11-things-women-dont-know-about-men;_ylc=X3oDMTI0bzFvcGM2BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwX3RvZGF5BHNsawMxMS10aGluZ3Mtd29tZW4tZG9udC1rbm93LWFib3V0LW1lbgR6egNh

Garak

I really hate lists like this as they always make men out to be the stereotypical sex crazed, beer drinking, sports fanatical gender. As a matter of fact looks are of minor importance to me and sex has become very dangerous for all men.

12. Your nice guy friends are the most reliable source for telling you if your new boyfriend's a jerk. And he probably is. (By the way, you might want to consider marrying that nice guy who's giving you advice about the jerk.)

Actually, she should marry the jerk. Women don't want nice guys and the phrase "nice guys finish last" is absolutely true. Feminism has coninced both men and women that nice guys are the way to go/be. Observation and experience shows that women dump those guys and hang on to the jerks...hence women really want to be with the jerks.

I will stop staring at your boobs when you stop staring at my paycheck!

Mr. X

This one is so damn true. Then again sexuality and morality usually don't have anything to do with each other. Its all about the soap opera cause life's too boring without some jerk throwing a monkey wrench in things.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

typhonblue

I really hate lists like this as they always make men out to be the stereotypical sex crazed, beer drinking, sports fanatical gender. As a matter of fact looks are of minor importance to me and sex has become very dangerous for all men.

Actually, she should marry the jerk. Women don't want nice guys and the phrase "nice guys finish last" is absolutely true. Feminism has coninced both men and women that nice guys are the way to go/be. Observation and experience shows that women dump those guys and hang on to the jerks...hence women really want to be with the jerks.

I don't understand this need to catagorize men into nice guys/jerks. In fact I really question that this "jerk" catagory includes that many men.

I've known guys I thought were decent fellows, perhaps a bit venal, that other women confidently declared "JERKS!"

I wonder if the dichotomy is more "defined by women vs. defined by self."

Garak

Jul 18, 2007, 11:05 AM Last Edit: Jul 18, 2007, 11:07 AM by Pentium 4

I don't understand this need to catagorize men into nice guys/jerks. In fact I really question that this "jerk" catagory includes that many men.

I've known guys I thought were decent fellows, perhaps a bit venal, that other women confidently declared "JERKS!"

Jerks are the guys that will not bend over backwards to give Miss Princess everything she wants. Jerks are the guys who are brutally honest even when she doesn't want to hear it. Jerks are the ones who will not live their lives by her standards. Jerks are the opposite of nice guys and I'll bet most of us here fall into the category of jerks.

Believe it or not, women don't really want nice guys cause nice guys offer no challenge at all.

realman

My whole take on this is, a quality woman wants a quality guy... which is to say, a guy who will stand his ground (no pun intended), won;t cater to her every whim, etc. This is not a the "nice guys" with no backbone as some define it, nor the "jerk" as some define it.

The women who go for the "stereotype" nice guys (I think "desperate p-whipped loser" is a better term, but I digress) are the ones who want to have evrything revolve around them. Not good.

The women who go for the "stereotype" jerk are either projecting their own issues, or looking to maintain the stereotype about "all men are jerks" so that she can always look better, can always use him as the scapegoat, can always say it was all "his fault" because he was a jerk or because "men are jerks".

The rare woman who is neither a slef-absorbed princess type nor has deep-rooted emotional issues, and who is intelligent, accountable, responsible for herself, etc. wants nothing to do with EITHER of these stereotypes. She wants an overall  "good guy" with a backbone and some personal boundaries.

Garak

My whole take on this is, a quality woman wants a quality guy... which is to say, a guy who will stand his ground (no pun intended), won;t cater to her every whim, etc. This is not a the "nice guys" with no backbone as some define it, nor the "jerk" as some define it.

The women who go for the "stereotype" nice guys (I think "desperate p-whipped loser" is a better term, but I digress) are the ones who want to have evrything revolve around them. Not good.

The women who go for the "stereotype" jerk are either projecting their own issues, or looking to maintain the stereotype about "all men are jerks" so that she can always look better, can always use him as the scapegoat, can always say it was all "his fault" because he was a jerk or because "men are jerks".

The rare woman who is neither a slef-absorbed princess type nor has deep-rooted emotional issues, and who is intelligent, accountable, responsible for herself, etc. wants nothing to do with EITHER of these stereotypes. She wants an overall  "good guy" with a backbone and some personal boundaries.

How many women do you know that don't have emotional issues? I swear I have only known a handful of women in my life that weren't on a mind altering drug and/or whining about former abuse.

We live in a society that tells women they are victims for a broken nail or a sharp look that they didn't like. It is no wonder the majority are looking for trouble constantly and no wonder men are becoming jerks (in their minds).

Mr. X

Jul 18, 2007, 02:23 PM Last Edit: Jul 18, 2007, 02:26 PM by Mr. X

Yes I usually find "jerk" means the men a woman wants but these guys won't do what the woman wants. I also think its a social thing. American women get men to do what they want by attacking and riping on them. Men are mules. If a guy does what she wants then she can't be rude to him. I think its a deeper issue that American women think being nice means being a loser, that they are being submissive and capitulating. The "jerk" allows them to be mean and rude and that's allows them not to be nice. The nice guy walks away from rudeness. In other words, jerks take shit and women have a lot of it to dump out.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

realman

"How many women do you know that don't have emotional issues?"

Pentium, I did say 'rare"!   :sunny: :sad5:

Totally off-topic, but BMX, you need to fix that long URL in your post (link a single word, rather than posting the entire link).  This horizontal scrolling is driving me batty.

Virtue

TB

go read www.intellectualwhores.com your looking to read the ladder theory......if you think its not true your wrong.
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

Go Up