Question for Devia

Started by dr e, Jul 23, 2007, 05:31 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

dr e

Devia, I was curious to hear from you if you have ever taken part in a public protest for father's rights.  Men's rights?  If not, why not?
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

TheManOnTheStreet

I seem to recall her saying that she gave a quarter to the Prostate Awareness Fund.... You know, to call someone who gives a shit.. pardon the pun....

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

devia

I live in Winnipeg and I have never protested anything.

You are aware that I spent 2 years of my life working with juvinile offenders of both sexes as a youth care worker, when I was working there I often posted about what a difference in the lives of these kids the treatment center (not jail) made. It was a sacrifice for both myself and my husband as I could easily triple my earnings anywhere else. I wanted to give back and he supported me doing so.

I asked if he got frustrated, it was a question not a statement.

dr e

I live in Winnipeg and I have never protested anything.

Well, if you know that fathers are getting a raw deal why not let your views be known?  I bet we can find some other folks in Winnipeg or you can go out on your own.   I have done that plenty of times handing out leaflets or giving talks.  There is a great deal that can be done alone. 

I'm just not convinced that you believe in these issues.  Maybe you are more like the woman who complained to MRA at the picnic?  Nah, you aren't like her.  She actually took a stand and expressed her own way of seeing things.  Then again maybe you can tell us what your stand is?  Yes?

Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

devia

You do mean non-coustodial parents rights not just fathers... right? Or do parents like me not count?

dr e

You do mean non-coustodial parents rights not just fathers... right? Or do parents like me not count?

To me the term non-custodial parent translates to fathers.  But okay, non-custodial parents.  Wanna find some others to go out and do some protesting?  If not, why not?

devia

Because, as I said I'm not the protesting kind. I don't believe in the war in Iraq, but I've never protested that either.

I doubt I'm the only one on this board who doesn't do the protest thing... why ask me?

Btw, the fact that you don't seem to see that non-coustodial mothers have simlular issue that non-coustodial fathers do makes me wonder why you would even consider that I should.

Men's Rights Activist

I asked if he got frustrated, it was a question not a statement

To Devia:

I believe the exact statement/question was,
That's a very small turn out.  Does it ever frustrate you?
with the emphasis being on the small.

Certainly, my one man protests are much smaller than these comparably huge picnic/rallies.  However, even a one man protest is huge compared to the lack of a voice of individual men, due to oppressions and discriminations being SYSTEMATICALLY committed against men, one man at a time, BY OUR CORRUPT AND EVIL, LEGAL SYSTEM, EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM, SOCIAL SERVICES INSTITUTIONS, NEWS MEDIA, ENTERTAINMENT MEDIA, ETC., ETC., ETC.  

The picnic/rally was large as compared to an individual man so depressed he can't pull himself out of bed because of major depression as a result of unjust treatment by our legal system.  The size of this protest was huge compared to an individual man who rots in his grave, because he gave up and died early, or committed suicide, or worked himself to death to pay off the usurious western, gender feminized, legal systems bills.  The size of the protest was enormous compared to an individual man who sits rotting in jail, because he was unjustly convicted of domestic violence, or rape, or child support arrears by our misandrist, Stalinist, gender feminized legal system.

Was the picnic/rally small?  Not when you consider all the men missing in action in Amerika's War on Fathers and Men.  Yes, we should be getting more students, news media, health care, and entertainment industry people, but people from all those areas attended the picnic/rally yesterday and expressed their solidarity with our protest/picnic/rally.  That's immensely encouraging, when dealing with all the hopelessness that's been heaped on Fathers and men by man-hating western society and all it's institutions working in the furtherance of misandry.

My question to you, should you choose to answer it, is, "What have you done, or are you doing, no matter how SMALL, to end the misandry in western societal institutions, that cause so many males to be so hopeless they depress, or isolate, or die in enormous numbers?"   And yes, I do believe enormous numbers of males are depressed because of the effects of the institutioanlization of the misandrist gender feminist agenda.  The depression of males is not readily diagnosed, IMO, because Men and Fathers just GET TOUGH OR DIE.

Let's make that one more broad category, where men and Fathers exist in individual isolation (solitary confinement).

Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

dr e

Nice post MRA.

Well Devia, it seems that you have a considerable interest in these issues given that you have been hanging around men's boards for a number of years.  What issues are important to you and what are your stands on those issues?

TheManOnTheStreet

Btw, the fact that you don't seem to see that non-coustodial mothers have simlular issue that non-coustodial fathers do makes me wonder why you would even consider that I should.

"You're not framing it correctly!!!" Dr. E.

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

devia

I'm a non-coustodial parent who has had my visitation messed with, had my son brainwashed against me, taken to court almost once a year to check my earnings. Things have gotten better now but they did happen.

As for what I do - because my freinds and co-workers know I've been there I'm the one they come to talk to when they have the same issues. Less then a month ago I had a co-worker crying in my shop for half the day after his wife asked for a divorce.

As I said before I worked to keep young people out of jail. The imprisonment instead of treatment of men is an issue close to my heart. Ditto for the homeless, the closing down of mental hospitals was in my opinion a travisty.

The Gonzman

Because, as I said I'm not the protesting kind. I don't believe in the war in Iraq, but I've never protested that either.

I doubt I'm the only one on this board who doesn't do the protest thing... why ask me?

Because a fit mother who contests custody and does not win it is an aberration, who does indeed have people already working for her.

A fiot father who loses custody is the rule, and who has next to nobody on his side.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Alien Love Child

That pretty much sums it up, similar gripes with yet realities a whole world apart. One wears the badge of shame by default via gender, the other?

devia

<<<One wears the badge of shame by default via gender,>>>

Actually yes there is a badge of shame on a mother who doesn't have custody. As Gonz stated. 

The Gonzman

<<<One wears the badge of shame by default via gender,>>>

Actually yes there is a badge of shame on a mother who doesn't have custody. As Gonz stated. 

Court Bias working against you there - it's such widespread knowledge that even unfit mothers gain custody by default they figure if you don't have to it you must be absolute scum.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Go Up