UK Teenage Girls Would Rather BE Stay At Home Mums

Started by Analog Worms, Oct 21, 2003, 02:53 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Analog Worms

Looks like the feminist message of work, work, work. Is being ignored.  :lol:

Their grandmothers fought for the vote, their mothers battled to have it all, but the upcoming generation of girls have decided to turn the clock back and just want stay at home with their babies.
According to a survey of 5,000-plus teenage girls, their main ambition is to complete university then return to the homestead - whether their partners like it or not.

More than nine out of 10 of the girls believe it should be up to their husbands to provide for them, with 97 per cent disagreeing with the statement 'It doesn't matter who is the main earner, as long as we are happy.'

More than 90 per cent of those polled for CosmoGirl magazine's November issue believe it is the man's role to provide the household's money, with 85 per cent maintaining they would rather rely on their partner for financial support than be a successful, independent woman.

Instead of making a career for themselves, girls today plan to be married by the age of 25 - three years below the current national average of 28.2 years old.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,1066298,00.html
url=http://theafa.tk]Anti-Feminist Army[/url]

They call him the wanderer. Moving from one message board to the next. Just looking for a place to call home.

DavidByron

97% seems suspiciously high.  Nothing polls that high.
size=9]I am the victim of unregulated sarcasm[/size]

Bilbo

How about your buddy, Saddam? :P
It is impossible to reason a man out of something he was never reasoned into in the first place- Swift

"The cardinal principle of judicial restraint--if it is not necessary to decide more, it is necessary not to decide more."

DavidByron

Hey --- at least nobody demanded a recount.
size=9]I am the victim of unregulated sarcasm[/size]

Bilbo

Would you have demanded one if you were an Iraqi citizen?
It is impossible to reason a man out of something he was never reasoned into in the first place- Swift

"The cardinal principle of judicial restraint--if it is not necessary to decide more, it is necessary not to decide more."

Galt

Analog Worms

Quote from: "Bilbo"
Would you have demanded one if you were an Iraqi citizen?

Only if he had a death wish...  :roll:
url=http://theafa.tk]Anti-Feminist Army[/url]

They call him the wanderer. Moving from one message board to the next. Just looking for a place to call home.

Pernicious

Considering that there is a Marriage strike happening. It will be difficult for them to find marriable men who are willing to support them in the lifestyle that they want.

If they do not get the men then they will get them in other ways, and then be supported by them and the state.
 do what I need to do to protect my loved ones, friends, and family. This is what men do.

Anniee36

Quote from: "DavidByron"
97% seems suspiciously high.  Nothing polls that high.

Quite true.   Something isn't kosher there.
on't walk ahead of me, I may not follow.   Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk beside me either.  Stay the hell away from me!

neoteny

[...] More than 90 per cent of those polled for CosmoGirl magazine's November issue [...]

Well, it isn't exactly the definition of a "random sample"...  :D
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Go Up