Work stuff part two and cars

Started by devia, Oct 22, 2003, 07:16 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

devia

Just a quick update about my work issue, I thought those that gave advice might want a happy ending. Instead of conspiring to fire the guy I sat down and talked to him.

Refusing to sweep? This guy walks into a workplace where a person nicknamed peon (because when I took the job I refused management and told the manager I just wanted to be a peon) is the main person that cleans (my choice) and we wondered why he didn't want to be doing chores along side me. He had never seen anyone else help me. Problem solved, he now knows where my nickname came from and asks if he can help every time I go on a cleaning blitz.

Crude comments? We all make them; he just tried to fit in too fast and crossed lines that he didn't know was there. Within a week he's gone from reject to a tight member of the family, and earned the nick anus (because he was an ass when he first started).

Makes you wonder how many hostile work complaints could be handled just by sticking together as a group and actual honest communication.

We hired a kid last week (squirt) who did the whole "I know I know" thing everytime someone told him what he should do. After a day of that I told him what he's doing and it's driving me insane. We haven't broke him of the habit quite yet, but he knows he'll be told to shut up everytime he says it- and it's not happening very often anymore.

Ohh! And we got a new car! Anyone want to start a what are you driving/what's your favorite car thread?

Analog Worms

I'm disappointed that you didn't go on a pyscho killing spree...  :cry:
url=http://theafa.tk]Anti-Feminist Army[/url]

They call him the wanderer. Moving from one message board to the next. Just looking for a place to call home.

URnotmeRU

I'm just happy I don't have someone on my ass trying to cut my throat where I work!
nd the time will come when you'll see we're all one and life flows on, within you and without you. - George Harrison

Galt

Glad it worked out, Devia.

Analog Worms

Quote from: "Galt"
Glad it worked out, Devia.

Yeah. Me too...
url=http://theafa.tk]Anti-Feminist Army[/url]

They call him the wanderer. Moving from one message board to the next. Just looking for a place to call home.

devia

You are not, you wanted me to murder an innocent man....I was "this" close to taking my gun to work because of you.

You're a menace..

No one wants to talk about cars?

http://www.wrx.ca/english/photos/gallery_3.jpg

I do.... It's black, turbo and way too cool, except it has heated seats which makes it hot too..

URnotmeRU

I would rather opt for indulging in hatred before I let Analog convince me to be "this" close to taking a gun to work.
nd the time will come when you'll see we're all one and life flows on, within you and without you. - George Harrison

Galt

<<I do.... It's black, turbo and way too cool ...>>

That car doesn't look black to me.

devia

Galt

That one's getting blacker.

devia

How about... NICE CAR!

:bareit:

Galt

It's an OK car.

URnotmeRU

Scoobie doo's. The car of the baby boomer birkenstock crunchies! :lol:

Galt

I like an '88 Impala with a coat hanger for an antenna - now that's a real car.

URnotmeRU

How about the white vinyl roof peeling off from front to back, and puffs up like a turtles shell going down the highway? :P

Go Up