Challange to the MS Boards or any representative of feminism

Started by dr e, Oct 23, 2003, 04:38 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

dr e

DavidByron has agreed to debate any individual from the MS Boards or any representative of feminism on the topic of feminism.  The plan is to create a separate board that would be viewable by anyone but would only allow posts and responses from the two participants.

The idea would be for the debate to be an educational tool for anyone interested in studying these issues.  It could also surely spark discussion on boards like this one about these issues.

Please respond via this thread or via email to [email protected] to set up the details.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

URnotmeRU

hmmm.....That would be interersting.
nd the time will come when you'll see we're all one and life flows on, within you and without you. - George Harrison

Setaseba

Wouldn't it just devolve into a lot of name-calling. I've never seem much in the way of rationality when people discuss religion or any ideology. Why would this be different?

neoteny

Quote from: "Jimbo"
Wouldn't it just devolve into a lot of name-calling. I've never seem much in the way of rationality when people discuss religion or any ideology. Why would this be different?

So true... (semi-)interactive formats aren't very conducive to thoughtful debate. Even in hard-copy publications (where there's a[n often considerable] delay between replies) strongly opinionated people tend to fly off the handle and start attacking each other, rather than each other's ideas.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Galt

<<Wouldn't it just devolve into a lot of name-calling.>>

Usually when feminists debate someone head-on and start losing, they look to alternative forms of argumentation such as trying to get you banned, speculating about the length of your penis or about the marital state of your parents at the time of your birth.

neoteny

Quote from: "Galt"
[...] speculating [...] about the marital state of your parents at the time of your birth.

Galt, that was so  8); you made me  :lol:
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

URnotmeRU

Hey guys, you are all on the board at the same time as Jimbo, you aren't like.....involved, are YOU???? :shock:
nd the time will come when you'll see we're all one and life flows on, within you and without you. - George Harrison

dr e

It does have the potential to fall apart into name calling.  Of course if that happens either party is free to leave.  I am hoping that with only two people involved it will erase the distractions and irritations of cheerleading and intentional annoyances from both sides and that this might prove helpful in sticking on the issues.

I think it is an opportunity for both sides to learn about the other.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

URnotmeRU

I don't think it has anything to do with learning about each other, but at least give the high and mighty femnist left a chance to put up or shut up.

DavidByron

I guess I would be the high and mighty anti-feminist left :mrgreen:
size=9]I am the victim of unregulated sarcasm[/size]

URnotmeRU

Yup, that'd be you. 8)

Tony Ananda

But none of them would dare to claim to "represent" feminism.  None of them want the responsibility and besides they claim it can't be done.  Feminism is too diverse and inclusive to be represented by one individual blah blah blah and so on and so forth.
When the going gets weird, the wierd turn pro.

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

Its a noble try Dr. Evil but feminists dont debate, they only harangue like dictators. They also dont give a rats ass about facts. Their only concern is to gain more power for themselves at all mankinds expense.
What good fortune for government that people do not think."
                         Adolph Hitler

"Where madness rules the absurd is not far away."

We must not make the mistake of thinking that all those who eat the bread of dictatorship are evil from the first; but they must necessarily become evil....The curse of a system of terror is that there is no turning back; neither in the large realm of policies nor the 'smaller' realm of everyday human relationships is it possible for men to retrace their steps."
- Dr. Hans Bernd Gisevius
(1904-1974)

Liquid Sunshine

As interesting as it sounds, I'll tell you why I wouldn't do it.  Regardless of the best of intentions, whoever picked up the feminist defense line would be put on trial for feminism.  That isn't a debate.

URnotmeRU

Well, there you have it folks, proof positive that feminists have no desire to risk their privilege. They have worked hard to steal it from men for years, no need to uncover the masked marvel now!

Go Up