MS May be falling apart...

Started by Teddy_Roosevelt, Oct 23, 2003, 05:47 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Teddy_Roosevelt

Respect is not a civil right; it is an attitude of approval and admiration. No one can claim a "right" to the emotional or intellectual approval of anyone else. " - That I-feminist who writes for foxnews.com

Cog

Quote from: "Teddy_Roosevelt"
http://www.msmagazine.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=004793

Frog, QGrrl, Renate...

Well it was inevitable really that once the chickies lost their hero, that Duante fella, they would all head off into a death spiral of remorse and self destruction.

I actually think that whole thread is really about the Duante banning and not about the Mar banning at all.  Mar is simply the surrogate Du Jour....

Yeah that's it... that's the ticket....

URnotmeRU

Where is the thread about Mar being banned?
nd the time will come when you'll see we're all one and life flows on, within you and without you. - George Harrison

Cog

Quote from: "URnotmeRU"
Where is the thread about Mar being banned?

http://www.msmagazine.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=004784

It's is a long one and now closed due to length but it did get particularly nasty along the way.  The usual cast of thugs doing their thang.

Teddy_Roosevelt

Quote from: "Cog"
Quote from: "Teddy_Roosevelt"
http://www.msmagazine.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=004793

Frog, QGrrl, Renate...

Well it was inevitable really that once the chickies lost their hero, that Duante fella, they would all head off into a death spiral of remorse and self destruction.

I actually think that whole thread is really about the Duante banning and not about the Mar banning at all.  Mar is simply the surrogate Du Jour....

Yeah that's it... that's the ticket....

The best part of that is that when I entered with my "You're all fucking nuts" thread, I told them specifically that now they'd have a common enemy to rally around.

But, unsurprisingly, it took approximately 12 minutes for them to start fighting over something I said; I'm pretty sure it was Lynne-related.

Sometimes I wonder if Lynne isn't some brilliant anti-feminist who posts pretty much the logical extreme of everything these people believe in, only with the twist that he's actually a man pretending to be them. This forces them to argue AGAINST what they believe in because it came from a man, and eventually the whole shithouse, as Jim Morrison once said, goes up in flames.

It'd make a fascinating psychological study or grad thesis.
Respect is not a civil right; it is an attitude of approval and admiration. No one can claim a "right" to the emotional or intellectual approval of anyone else. " - That I-feminist who writes for foxnews.com

URnotmeRU

Thanks, Cog.

Notice how Lynnebob get itself all wrapped up in absolutely everything?
nd the time will come when you'll see we're all one and life flows on, within you and without you. - George Harrison

Setaseba

I certainly hope that the MS boards don't go south. Without them SYG will have to start up threads on gardening or something. :wink:

Anniee36

Please.   Let's get a grip.   http://216.205.79.61/ubb/noncgi/Forum1/HTML/003130.html   Same shit, different day.
on't walk ahead of me, I may not follow.   Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk beside me either.  Stay the hell away from me!

URnotmeRU

Maybe you will have to make up better usernames like the ones you did in the past, like HearUsHaiku and Hearustroll or something eh, Jimbo?

Setaseba

Fascinating! :popcorn: So that's what she meant. I sort of thought Anniee36 was trying to tell me that the MS boards closing was an ongoing thing so why talk about it. Just goes to show you that I'm going to have to buy a program if I'm going to be able to follow the conversation.

Anniee36

No, what UR was saying isn't what I mean, "Jimbo".   That's his own comment, get it?   He's commenting on another aspect.   My comment meant what my comment meant, which was that the title of this thread has been done to death.   Everyone's been whinging about the demise of MS forever - on every side of the issue.   It's SSDD.   UR's comment is unrelated, though certainly accurate.
on't walk ahead of me, I may not follow.   Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk beside me either.  Stay the hell away from me!

Setaseba

Right, got it. Don't assume one poster can speak for another. See, I'm learning? Now if I can just keep from getting annihilated before I learn all the ins and outs.

URnotmeRU

:boohoo:  :boohoo:

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

TR wrote-

"Sometimes I wonder if Lynne isn't some brilliant anti-feminist who posts pretty much the logical extreme of everything these people believe in, only with the twist that he's actually a man pretending to be them. This forces them to argue AGAINST what they believe in because it came from a man, and eventually the whole shithouse, as Jim Morrison once said, goes up in flames."

LMAO!! :lol:  :laugh2:  :notworthy:
What good fortune for government that people do not think."
                         Adolph Hitler

"Where madness rules the absurd is not far away."

We must not make the mistake of thinking that all those who eat the bread of dictatorship are evil from the first; but they must necessarily become evil....The curse of a system of terror is that there is no turning back; neither in the large realm of policies nor the 'smaller' realm of everyday human relationships is it possible for men to retrace their steps."
- Dr. Hans Bernd Gisevius
(1904-1974)

Teddy_Roosevelt

:cartman:

Thought ya might like that one.

Sad part is, I think it's true!!

:popcorn:

Go Up