And all the wedding presents weren't even opened yet ...

Started by Galt, Oct 21, 2003, 04:06 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Galt

Now the gloves are off:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,100815,00.html

NEW YORK  -- Producer David Gest (search) sued Liza Minnelli (search) for $10 million Tuesday, accusing his estranged wife of alcohol-fueled violence that caused neurological damage and headaches.

Gest, 50, alleges in court papers that Minnelli, 57, flew into drunken rages on several occasions on both sides of the Atlantic, insulting and striking him.

Galt

"In papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, Gest alleges that Minnelli began battering him before the wedding."

Then why did he get married to her?

Bilbo

Right or wrong, I think I'd be a little hesitant to broadcast the fact that I got my ass kicked by Liza Minelli.
It is impossible to reason a man out of something he was never reasoned into in the first place- Swift

"The cardinal principle of judicial restraint--if it is not necessary to decide more, it is necessary not to decide more."

Galt

I don't know ... they are talking about bottles of vodka here on the part of Liza ... that can turn any Sweet Prudence into Tai Kasoki - Master Ninja Kung-Fu Fighter.

URnotmeRU

Quote from: "Bilbo"
Right or wrong, I think I'd be a little hesitant to broadcast the fact that I got my ass kicked by Liza Minelli.

LMAO!!!! No shit! :lol:
nd the time will come when you'll see we're all one and life flows on, within you and without you. - George Harrison

URnotmeRU

But, then again, I would Liza pound the piss out of me for 10 million! :shock:
nd the time will come when you'll see we're all one and life flows on, within you and without you. - George Harrison

Teddy_Roosevelt

Quote from: "URnotmeRU"
But, then again, I would Liza pound the piss out of me for 10 million! :shock:

:lol:
Respect is not a civil right; it is an attitude of approval and admiration. No one can claim a "right" to the emotional or intellectual approval of anyone else. " - That I-feminist who writes for foxnews.com

Galt

His attorneys are really going to town.  Point 5 in the complaint is:

"Notwithstanding the foregoing, at the time of the marriage, the defendant's career had been eclipsed, she was an alcoholic, overweight, unable to be effectively merchandised, could not get insurance to perform concert dates on stage, or in any other artistic media."

Galt

Here's the actual complaint that was filed in this case:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/lizaabuse1.html

They don't seem to leave out a whole lot of slimy details.

Setaseba

Quote from: "Galt"
"In papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, Gest alleges that Minnelli began battering him before the wedding."

Then why did he get married to her?

Same reason every twit who takes up with somebody who's bad news does. They think they're different and/or can handle it with enough love etc. What slays me is the way some people go "oh dear, what a shame!". If our heroes/celebrities were all saints they'd become pretty damn boring pretty damn fast. The rich and famous make a deal with the devil: they live fast and die faster. Unfortunately, they usually do lots of damage on the way down.

Galt

I think this David Gest guy is a bit strange, though ... he seems to want to get in the middle of famous people in a bid to become one himself, and her money sure wouldn't hurt.  I think that's why he looked the other way at her tantrums.  It's just not worth it in my book.  You have to also be happy in your life.

Setaseba

I don't know. Some people (like agents, scouts etc) know they don't have any talent but they are great at promoting other people who have. Since this is this guy's bread and butter I think it's probable that he was used to babysitting prima donnas. It got out of hand when he decided to take on the job full-time. Calming an alcoholic starlet on the phone at 2 am is a lot different than being locked into a marriage 24/7 with one. Of course, not being rich or famous I guess all I can do is speculate.

Galt

I saw a column by Cindy Adams in the on-line New York Post saying that she was at a zero point in her life - and then she met him, and he really shaped her up into a happy person who was trying to kick the alcohol and who was making a good comeback.  The point was also made, though, that when you pull yourself back up, the controlling person in your life becomes a deadweight.

As a side note, I'm not sure I like his heavy use of eye makeup (LOL).

Setaseba

The heavy use of makeup proves he wasn't the controlling person in anyone's life including his own.  8)

Rumpled Foreskin

Liza is a drunken bimbo hasbeen, here mother should have left her somewhere over the rainbow.

Go Up