Hillary: "I'm not a lesbian. I'm not!"

Started by ., Sep 21, 2007, 10:27 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

The Gonzman

Oh hell, I thought it was good, good as hell.  Men getting together, as men, enjoying male spirituality, without women to correct, nag, shame, snark, and otherwise poison it.

Men need tiome with men.  And any woman - period - ANY woman ruins it.

Men don't need keepers of the female sort.  Men need to reclaim this, and women need to accept it - or at least deal with it.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

dr e

Oh hell, I thought it was good, good as hell.  Men getting together, as men, enjoying male spirituality, without women to correct, nag, shame, snark, and otherwise poison it.

Men don't need keepers of the female sort.  Men need to reclaim this, and women need to accept it - or at least deal with it.

Amen to that!
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

MAUS

Let me see now...did not have time to read all this thread in detail....wouldn't be inclined to anyway...I know the general gist...

(1) GENDER IS A CONSTRUCT THEREFORE I DO NOT ACTUALLY EXIST...response...come within shouting distance of me and make such an assertion I will kick you in the groin so hard you will need medical assistance to be able to breathe again...that's OK...I will dial 911 on your cell phone for you but I will not allow the rescue team anywhere near you until you acknowledge my existance and agree to not piss me off with anything so ridiculous ever again.

(2) Shame on me for not exploring homosexual alternatives....I AM A HETEROSEXIST HETEROCENTRIC HOMOPHOBE.....and as everyone knows and no politically correct person would dare question...that makes me the worst villian and the lowest form of life on the planet.... response......real it out and I will prove you wrong....what's that....you don't trust me while I still have teeth in my mouth?.....oh well...move on to next red herring

(3) I am masculine and THAT is just OH SO WRONG!!!........response....tell THAT to Rosie O'Donnell.

I'm going to stop now....none of this crap should even be dignified with a response.

typhonblue

(1) GENDER IS A CONSTRUCT THEREFORE I DO NOT ACTUALLY EXIST

No one said gender was a construct.

Shame on me for not exploring homosexual alternatives....

No one suggested homosexual alternatives should be explored. (Whatever that means.)

I am masculine and THAT is just OH SO WRONG!!!........response....tell THAT to Rosie O'Donnell.

No one said masculinity was wrong.

I'm going to stop now....none of this crap should even be dignified with a response.

Then why respond? Or, rather, why respond to statments that were never made?

typhonblue

Sep 26, 2007, 06:19 PM Last Edit: Sep 26, 2007, 07:33 PM by typhonblue
This 'gender as a construct' thing is really making the rounds.

The simple fact is, each culture has it's own way of delinating who is a man and who is not a man.

In India the line seems to be drawn between fathers and non-fathers, specifically between fathers of sons and every man who can't or hasn't been able to father a son.

In Japan the line appears to be obscure. I think it may just be between people who have penises and people who don't.

In Latin and Middle-Eastern cultures(and some subgroups within our own society) the line is functional, between the penetrated and men who do the penetrating.

In Western cultures it's between men who don't desire other men, and those who do. For a lot of guys that translates, in practical terms to, desiring any intimate contact with a man, including platonic affection.

It's simple observation. I suppose you could get gender constructivism out of that. But I've spent six months arguing with a bunch of feminists that gender isn't a social construct, even if each society has a different dividing lines between man/non-man. It's still an _interpretation_ of the same essential nature.

Edit: I can add to that another way of explaining the distinction between sodomite/homosexual.

There is no sodomite who has not committed sodomy. The dividing line between a non-sodomite and a sodomite is the act of sodomy, nothing else.

There are homosexuals who are not sodomites, because they have never committed sodomy. They have never had sex with a man. The key difference between a homosexual and a non-homosexual is _desire for men_. It's not a behavioral distinction, it's an issue of personal desire. It's abstract, amorphous, thought-crime type distinction that is very hard to pin down. It easily expands from sexual desire to emotional desire to desire for any kind of intimacy with a man. Thus 'men's friendships == gay'.

The notion of homosexuals 'recruiting' is a holdover from the Church's original belief that sodomy, like masturbation, was a sin that could tempt ANY man, not a particular class of man. Same thing with the belief that homosexuality 'flourishes' among the lesuired class.

If homosexuality appeals to a set, genetically determined number of people, it cannot flourish and it cannot recruit.

BTW, the Romans thought adulterous men were flamers too. Men who held their desire for a woman above their honor and respect of her husband.

typhonblue

Another thought before I go back to halo--because triple posting is good stuff.

One of the major reasons why men agree with the MRA position but then refuse to take action or involve themselves with it or even mock it's male-bonding initiatives is because 'men caring about men' is, to them, somewhat gay.

The same dynamic is behind feminists lobing the 'gay' word at any gathering of men they don't like. They know it will make 99% of men scatter.

I don't think there is a solution. This kind of mental bind probably won't resolve itself for a couple generations at least.

Alien Love Child

It is what it is, political slander. You can disagree with the polititan all you want and you should. But using homophobic images to slander your oppent Tasteless at best.

It may be considered slander for its intent but I don't recognize "homophobia", it is a junk word that smacks of a reversal within itself. There is nothing "phobic" about being opposed to homosexuality, just as those who embrace the term "homophobia" use it to denote a disdain for the person they are using it on.

shard43

I love using "homophobe" on feminists and men who call me or imply that I'm gay.

Mr. Bad

Sep 27, 2007, 09:37 AM Last Edit: Sep 27, 2007, 09:40 AM by Mr. Bad

Absolutely.

In the 1960s when I was in my teens my male friends and I used to get together, go camping in the woods, light farts, get naked and dance around the campfire, etc.   Later on when we were older we lost the fart-lighting and took up drums, guitars, beer, etc., but it was still very much the dancing-naked-around-the-campfire and telling stories and sharing experiences as boys/men.  Once in a while some of my old pals and I still get together and do this.  No wives, kids (boys or girls) allowed.  As Gonz said, females would just ruin the male bonding that goes on when one gets downright primitive like that and kids would be too much of a distraction. 

I think much of what we were doing as teens and young men presaged the Robert Bly thing, so by the time that movement came along I had 'been there, done that' and opted-out.  Still, even though I thought it a throwback for me personally, I could definitely relate to what those guys were doing and seeking.  I figured they just didn't have the kind of opportunities that I was fortunate enough to have when I was younger, so they were simply catching up.   

(edited once for clarity)
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

typhonblue

I love using "homophobe" on feminists and men who call me or imply that I'm gay.

They're not just homophobic. They're also responsible for inspiring homophobic violence.

Feminists use homophobia as a weapon without any regard for the violent conflicts it inspires. Just like Victorian suffragettes handing out white feathers while women don't recognize or take responsibility for their part in starting wars. They don't care about the gay men this will hurt or the non-gay men who are damaged by it.

I'd also include homosexual activists who are seduced by the Feminist's 'victim' mentality. A lot of them promote homophobia. They enjoy making straight men uncomfortable as payback for the suffering they were put through in school. Instead of finding common ground, they inflict themselves on them. And feminists encourage this because it's just another group of people to bolster their 'straight white men are scum' campaign.

The Gonzman

The thing I always wondered about leftists is when they are the loudest when proclaiming "There's nothing wrong with that!" it's also the first insult they reach for.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Cordell Walker

for example  the way they acted about matt sanchez, about haggard, and this  other guy
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

typhonblue

The thing I always wondered about leftists is when they are the loudest when proclaiming "There's nothing wrong with that!" it's also the first insult they reach for.

Because the whole issue is more valuable to them as a weapon. If they developed some reasonable method of addressing it, it's value as a weapon would cease.

What's amusing about the left is that most of it is as homophobic and racist as it accuses the right of being. And everything it proposes as a 'solution' only makes things worse and increases divisiveness in men. 

Lazurite

Because the whole issue is more valuable to them as a weapon. If they developed some reasonable method of addressing it, it's value as a weapon would cease.

What's amusing about the left is that most of it is as homophobic and racist as it accuses the right of being. And everything it proposes as a 'solution' only makes things worse and increases divisiveness in men. 

Hang around with gay men long enough, you'll hear plenty of stories about coming out to what they thought was going to be an enlightened, supportive family only to get a nasty shock.  All the bigotry leftists accuse the right of is alive and well in their own political faction.  They'll occasionally make gays a few empty promises, but they never actually do them any favors.

bachelor tom

Hang around with gay men long enough, you'll hear plenty of stories about coming out to what they thought was going to be an enlightened, supportive family only to get a nasty shock.  All the bigotry leftists accuse the right of is alive and well in their own political faction.  They'll occasionally make gays a few empty promises, but they never actually do them any favors.

Leftists do not acknowledge their own sins.  That is one of the fundamental differences between them and conservatives, who are more realistic about human nature.
political correctness = patriarchal chivalry + matriarchal victimology

Go Up