Guerrilla Activism, good or bad?

Started by SouthernGuy, Oct 02, 2007, 08:55 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

SouthernGuy

Oct 02, 2007, 08:55 PM Last Edit: Oct 02, 2007, 08:57 PM by SouthernGuy
To clarify, I mean using somewhat abrasive and in your face tactics to get the mra message across. Everything from flyering college campuses with inflammatory one-sheets to disrupting speeches by the opposition. Getting the message across any way, any how seems attractive to me sometimes, I must admit.

I personally am on the fence as to whether this is good for the cause or not.  I could see how some of the powers that be on this board might see guerrilla activism as polarizing and therefore not good for the cause. In many ways I would agree, except that polarizing inflammatory activists DO serve one purpose, which is to redefine the middle. I've been thinking about this for a while and i would appreciate some honest input.

Thanks...

SG

gwallan

About to go up on the front doors of our two local women only gyms...

N O
Jews
Blacks
Men
ALLOWED
In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

Men's Rights Activist

To clarify, I mean using somewhat abrasive and in your face tactics to get the mra message across.

Hmmm, I think that's an individual decision.  I'd recommend and encourage everyone to be active at what ever level they're comfortable.  Personally, I like Gandhi's style, but am very much into keeping the activism totally legal.  

Other than that I personally think free speech should be boldly used.

Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

outdoors

good!!! any activism is good as long as it is done peacefully and with cause"

Candide

Hey!  Whatever works.   :sunny:

SouthernGuy

To clarify, I mean using somewhat abrasive and in your face tactics to get the mra message across.

Hmmm, I think that's an individual decision.  I'd recommend and encourage everyone to be active at what ever level they're comfortable.  Personally, I like Gandhi's style, but am very much into keeping the activism totally legal. 

Other than that I personally think free speech should be boldly used.

I've followed a lot of your posts and as far as "boots on the ground" activism, you are the shit.

SG

MAUS

Monkeyshines that mock deride belittle and deny dignity to the big lie are the most effective approach....next to undermining credibility at source of funding of course......but then again....these are often one in the same thing.

Go Up