Holy shit, Kim Gandy and NOW in Nola...

Started by SouthernGuy, Oct 03, 2007, 05:03 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

SouthernGuy

Just checked my University email and this shit is happening a few blocks from my house...

UNO Women's Consortium to Co-Sponsor Feminist Summit

The University of New Orleans Women's Consortium is co-sponsoring the Southern Leadership Summit: Feminist Grassroots Activism for Social Change on Saturday, October 6, at the Lavin-Bernick Center at Tulane University. The daylong event will feature such speakers as Eleanor Smeal, Kim Gandy and members of the Katrina Warriors Network, a network dedicated to the well-being of women and girls in New Orleans and the Gulf Coast Region.

Registration will begin on Saturday at 9 a.m. and the event will end at 4:45 p.m. On Friday, October 5, a panel discussion on New Orleans before and after Katrina will be held.

Ms. Magazine will host a community reception at the conclusion of the conference on Saturday, October 6, beginning at 5 p.m. at the Newcomb College Center for Research on Women.

The cost of the Saturday conference is $10 for Louisiana and Mississippi students with an ID card, and includes conference materials and lunch.

In addition to the UNO Women's Consortium, co-sponsors of the summit include the Newcomb College Center for Research on Women, Katrina Warriors Network, Tulane University Feminist Majority Leadership, National Organization for Women and Ms. Magazine. For more information, visit www.feministcampus.org/leadership/neworleans.

Any suggestions? I could literally walk to this shit. Some of these people I wish would just die in a fire...

(No, I'm not violent or making threats.)

SG

Men's Rights Activist

Any suggestions?

I honestly don't give suggestions and think people should do what they are comfortable doing - in a legal manner.

You can print out the flyer at NCFMLA.org or some other men's site flyer like RADAR or Mensactivism if you like.  I don't think SYG has a flyer, but if they do you can check it out.

As for me, I make and take big signs, then I don't have to talk.  The signs talk.  I like to take pictures too, to document.  It makes it harder for gender feminists to lie about what I'm doing.  Good luck.

I find going it alone to be tougher than having friends along.

Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

SouthernGuy

Any suggestions?

I honestly don't give suggestions and think people should do what they are comfortable doing - in a legal manner.

You can print out the flyer at NCFMLA.org or some other men's site flyer like RADAR or Mensactivism if you like.  I don't think SYG has a flyer, but if they do you can check it out.

As for me, I make and take big signs, then I don't have to talk.  The signs talk.  I like to take pictures too, to document.  It makes it harder for gender feminists to lie about what I'm doing.  Good luck.

I find going it alone to be tougher than having friends along.

Yeah, I've weighed how effective I would be disrupting a speech all alone. Doesn't appeal to me...I have something in mind though...

Thanks.

SG

dr e

SG - Are you planning on attending?  I would suggest it. It would be interesting to take a digital voice recorder and record the talks.  No need to disrupt, you would immediately be the bad guy and dismissed or worse.   It would be fascinating to hear their present level of arrogance. A little reconnaisance work? Might be interesting.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

SouthernGuy

SG - Are you planning on attending?  I would suggest it. It would be interesting to take a digital voice recorder and record the talks.  A little reconnaisance work? Might be interesting.

That's my plan E. I may have to take a triple bar xanax to keep from exploding, but I am going to do my best to relax and observe.

SG

Quentin0352

SG - Are you planning on attending?  I would suggest it. It would be interesting to take a digital voice recorder and record the talks.  A little reconnaisance work? Might be interesting.

That's my plan E. I may have to take a triple bar xanax to keep from exploding, but I am going to do my best to relax and observe.

SG

Bring an iPod and some descreet earbuds to help. That and maybe some horse tranquilezers to help keep you calm.

CaptDMO

In N.O.

I'd say....
some "official" looking health notice-City of NOreference to in the wake of the recent flood, deterring  the
smell of  rotting fish or moldy foundations is encouraged?

Welcome to the  '07' crumbling dike reunion?

Perhaps a list simply stating obviously false agendas-
1 in 4
Rule of thumb
Wage Gap
etc....
It would undoubtedly embolden the "most likely to say something astoundingly stupid for national media.." folk, but it might just inspire the fence straddlers to critically examine what's being claimed, and whats being exhibited, with honed senses.

Signage-?

But who's going to sell Ben and Jerry's the NEXT time the power goes out?
(trioxy-moron  there!)

Excuse me, where can I find the "S.C.U.M. of MENSA" table?

CATS! The OTHER white meat!

Perhaps bogus "official looking" event badges.
Southern Leadership Summit: Feminist Grassroots Activism for Social Change
October 6
Lavin-Bernick Center
UNO Women's Consortium,  Newcomb College Center for Research on Women, Katrina Warriors Network, Tulane University Feminist Majority Leadership, National Organization for Women and Ms. Magazine

that say
PUSSY PASS
-all access-

in a stripe along the bottom.

".....if that's true, then how come all those bicycle seats smell like fish?"

What Would Brittany Do?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All depends on if you want to be antagonistic, realistic, or pragmatic.
Personally, I have reservations, considering the toxic nature consistantly espoused by
the cast of characters on the playbill(tm).

Perhaps a double secret rush printing order of lit, [b/available on line[/b],
linkable  from some of the folk that loiter about at Stand Your Ground would be in order?

If you take recording stuff, make SURE to have at least TWO other people, preferably
female, preferably allies, able to record audio and vidio,  what happens around YOU- from a discrete distance.

Just sayin' 

Libertariandadd

It would be great if the Pro-Life organizations would stage a protest there.
'It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers-out of unorthodoxy.' George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

dr e

OMGF Capt'n, that was some funny stuff!

Perhaps bogus "official looking" event badges.
Southern Leadership Summit: Feminist Grassroots Activism for Social Change
October 6
Lavin-Bernick Center
UNO Women's Consortium,  Newcomb College Center for Research on Women, Katrina Warriors Network, Tulane University Feminist Majority Leadership, National Organization for Women and Ms. Magazine

that say
PUSSY PASS
-all access-

in a stripe along the bottom.

".....if that's true, then how come all those bicycle seats smell like fish?"

Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Thomas

Have FUN! And don't forget your "Duke Lacrosse" T-shirt.
We Are Self-Exterminating Through The Collapse Of Fertility Rates.
The Death of Birth.
Fertility Rates Magazine.

MAUS

"Cast not thy pearls before swine neither feed that which is Holy unto the dogs" ......just find out who's dime this event happened on and try not to let it happen again. :bs:

Men's Rights Activist

The University of New Orleans Women's Consortium is co-sponsoring the Southern Leadership Summit: Feminist Grassroots Activism for Social Change...

Is this some sort of a reunion???
http://tinyurl.com/2tzv4d
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Cordell Walker

this is not suprising as Kim Gandy is from New Orleans(actually I think le plaz or kenner)

what I would like to see is some recon work on SG's part on how these NOW hags act in the bars and clubs  after a hard day of  male bashing(it probably puts girls gone wild to shame).......................but whatever you do DONT THROW BEADS
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Go Up